Gillette: i'll earn your respect

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby flombs » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:42 am

Here's a nice read, got it from  LFC.TV

GILLETT: I'LL EARN YOUR RESPECT
Jimmy Rice 08 February 2007
George Gillett admits he is on a mission to win the respect of every Kopite in the world.
And the American has sent this message to the millions of Liverpool fans around the globe: "Come talk to me."

He said: "I want to earn the respect of the fans. My message to them is to give us a few years and we'll see where it takes us. Give us a little time and we are going to have some fun together.

"When I go to Anfield I'm going to be on the streets in front of the stadium talking to fans. When I'm at the ice hockey if I see an empty seat during the interval I go and sit there to talk to the fans, and I will do the same here.

"When I arrived in Liverpool I picked up a paper and there were four or five letters to the editor about us from people who don't even know us. I've asked my people to get numbers for those fans and I will ring them personally."

Co-owner Tom Hicks moved to reassure fans their club is in safe hands.
He said: "This is not a takeover like the Glazer deal at Manchester United. There is no debt involved, and we believe that as custodians of this wonderful club, we have a duty of care to the tradition and legacies of Liverpool."

----- ------------ ----------- ------------ --------
Its nice to see these guys are going more out of the way to reassure us fans more than the Glaziers ever did for MU.

I hope this good feeling about these guys is founded.
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby crouchaldinho » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:49 am

I just read that myself on .tv. it's a nice enough gesture, guess we'll have to see if he follows it through
crouchaldinho

Postby flombs » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:53 am

He doesnt seem to have that aggressive business streak about him.
Hopefully he will respect the full values of what LFC stand for.
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby tommycockles » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:46 am

flombs wrote:"When I go to Anfield I'm going to be on the streets in front of the stadium talking to fans. When I'm at the ice hockey if I see an empty seat during the interval I go and sit there to talk to the fans, and I will do the same here.

There's no way he's going to follow this through!!!

If he can find an empty seat then i'll be pretty :censored: off as it's a nightmare trying to get tickets- maybe i should give him my mobile number and if he see's an empty seat he could call me!!  :D

Good job he never bought the Bitters or he'd never get to sit in the comfy directors box- he could bring all his family to fill all the empty seats!!  :p
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:55 pm

if i come back to my seat and some old yank tourist is sat there he will get a told to star spangled banner off, or i will nip to the box and nick his seat
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby CardinalRed » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:35 pm

I like the sound of George.... We might just be on to something good here guys.....???

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:48 pm

definately has his head in the right if that read is anything to go buy. americans do tend to be quite ruthless in there deadlings, however he is obviously not stupid so realises that if he :censored: around with liverpool he would have problems!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:41 pm

hello_red wrote:definately has his head in the right if that read is anything to go buy. americans do tend to be quite ruthless in there deadlings,

:D  :D  DEADLINGS

Is that something out of a cheap horror flick or what???  :p

I've gotta hand it so far to G & T they've gone out of their way to try and re-assure the fans about what they've got planned for the club. They have obviously been aware of the fact that alot of us have had big concerns over their take over in recent weeks - what with the DIC troubles  :wwww  - so I'm happy enough to give them my support (for now) but I'm sure they're aware enough to know that should they fuck about with LFC they're gonna have us fans to deal with!  :eyebrow
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Marianne » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:33 pm

Erm..yeah, great words..now act on em!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion