Gerrard robbed - Home burgled

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:03 pm

On a sour note to an authoratitive performance in France - the skipper returns home to yet another Burglary for a Liverpool player. Depressing news indeed.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/246578312?-11194

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby saetiakidLFC » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:16 pm

Thats horrible!
So near to xmas aswell! Makes me angry...
saetiakidLFC

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:00 pm

This is gettin to the point that players are gonna be wantin away if it carries on. Lets face it, they can hardly keep a low profile when on the telly!! The club have gotta do somethin and sort out extra security, even if it means the club have to pay for it. How many's that now? Scum.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:21 pm

This is getting ridiculous now. Feel sorry for him and his fellow teammates, that they need to be thinking about this, everytime they leave for an away game in europe now. I agree that the club should pay for some sort of security on these away days, so the players won't have to think about it and fear it. I seem to remember reading somewhere, that Riise is using som sort of security company already for such occasions, seing as he was one of those getting robbed earlier on. But the club really should pay for this I think.
JamCar05

Postby europian-kings » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 pm

god not again...this is getting stupid now.
they need security outside their houses while they are on football duty.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:38 pm

JamCar05 wrote:This is getting ridiculous now. Feel sorry for him and his fellow teammates, that they need to be thinking about this, everytime they leave for an away game in europe now. I agree that the club should pay for some sort of security on these away days, so the players won't have to think about it and fear it. I seem to remember reading somewhere, that Riise is using som sort of security company already for such occasions, seing as he was one of those getting robbed earlier on. But the club really should pay for this I think.

Why should the club pay for their security??  I agree it is sh|t when they get robbed but they all earn enough money for a security guard
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:42 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:This is getting ridiculous now. Feel sorry for him and his fellow teammates, that they need to be thinking about this, everytime they leave for an away game in europe now. I agree that the club should pay for some sort of security on these away days, so the players won't have to think about it and fear it. I seem to remember reading somewhere, that Riise is using som sort of security company already for such occasions, seing as he was one of those getting robbed earlier on. But the club really should pay for this I think.

Why should the club pay for their security??  I agree it is sh|t when they get robbed but they all earn enough money for a security guard

Cause in the end - worst case scenario admittedly - players might not want to come here, if this becomes more of a regularity than it already is. I agree that of course the players have the money to pay for it themselves, but I just think it would be a rightful gesture of the club to at least offer to pay for it. Just my humble opinion anyway.
JamCar05

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:44 pm

The club should consider payin cuz i see our players thinkin "feck this, it aint happenin at barca/real/scum utd etc" and takin the first trip outta town! Protect your assets, one of the first rules of business! After all, it aint a game no more is it??
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:56 pm

Terrible News I hope this doesn't affect his performance.  This is not good for the Club and the city's image.  I cannot believe they stole his porsche and later burned it.  It sounds like someone really had it in for Gerrard.  I hope someone takes some serious actions to solve this problem, this is getting redicuolous. 

Just out of curiosity how many Everton players have been robbed?
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:24 pm

red37 wrote:On a sour note to an authoratitive performance in France - the skipper returns home to yet another Burglary for a Liverpool player. Depressing news indeed.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/246578312?-11194

Where were all everton fans last night? Certainly weren't watching their team in Champions League action...........................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:50 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Terrible News I hope this doesn't affect his performance.  This is not good for the Club and the city's image.  I cannot believe they stole his porsche and later burned it.  It sounds like someone really had it in for Gerrard.  I hope someone takes some serious actions to solve this problem, this is getting redicuolous. 

Just out of curiosity how many Everton players have been robbed?

as far as i know van der mede got burglared...

but this is strange isn't it? how come mostly liverpool players are targeted? The club should buy each player 4 dobbermans or something... let the robbers get teared to shreds by the dogs...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:45 pm

seriously i gotta ask as an outsider... what Liverpool player has not had his house burgled during an away european game? seems like the whole team has been done at one time or another. how much or how hard would it be to get full time police protection while away?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:56 pm

babu wrote:seriously i gotta ask as an outsider... what Liverpool player has not had his house burgled during an away european game? seems like the whole team has been done at one time or another. how much or how hard would it be to get full time police protection while away?

i'm an outsider too... but police protection might not be possible mate... usually police only starts investigating if there's a crime...

they probably have to seek the service of private security companies...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:03 pm

This needs sorted a.s.a.p. - i.e. today or tomorrow.

The players need to be fully focussed on football, this is the sixth player to be burgled and it no doubt sows the seed of doubt in their mind that they might be next.

You can't be playing the manc's whilst having a subconscious doubt about what might be going on at your home.

Get it sorted NOW FFS!
LFC2007

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:03 pm

Come on ! you're earning between £50,000 and a £100,000 a week , you're often away from home and your house is full of "good" stuff, How hard can it be to think of and organise some effective security ? .

Not happy that LFC players are being burgled but how thick do they have to be to not protect their assets ? .I'ts not as if no player has been burgled before.

:p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion