Gerrard robbed - Home burgled

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:21 pm

In this instance the house was actually occupied by one of its owners, plus a friend. But yes, as a family man - it would be my number one priority to take precautionary measures beyond the norm. Especially if i was 'high profile' enough to be a target in the first place. Least you can do.

I find it highly doubtful that these lads dont already though...

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:46 pm

Liverpool vow to protect players after masked gang strike at Gerrard's mansion
Last updated at 16:30pm on 12th December 2007

Liverpool will beef up security to protect players and their families after skipper Steven Gerrard became the sixth Anfield star to be targeted by thieves in just 19 months.

Gerrard's wife confronted by four burglars while he was guiding Liverpool into last 16 of Champions League

She was left shaken but not injured in the incident - which took place as Gerrard played in the 4-0 Champions League win in Marseille.

A spokesman for Liverpool FC said the club was shocked to hear the news of Ms Curran's ordeal.

He said: "Our first concerns are for the welfare of Alex, Steven and the family.

"The club takes this extremely seriously and we will be looking at ways to provide cover for the players' houses while they are away with the club on domestic and international duty."

A Merseyside Police spokeswoman said four men entered the property in Formby, Merseyside, just before 9.30pm and stole items of jewellery.

A police spokeswoman said: "We are investigating a confrontational burglary which took place at around 9.30pm last night.

"Four men, wearing dark clothing, hoods and balaclavas, entered the property and stole items of jewellery.

"We cannot confirm the nature of the confrontation.

"The female resident, and another woman who was in the house at the time, were left shaken but uninjured."

Steven Gerrard arrives at his home in Formby, Merseyside

Gerrard is the sixth Liverpool football player to be burgled while playing away from home.

Three weeks ago, striker Dirk Kuyt's home in Woolton was targeted by thieves while he was away on international duty with Holland.

The Merseyside home of former Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek, was raided during the Champions League final penalty shoot-out in June 2006.

Current goalkeeper Pepe Reina was also burgled while he played for Liverpool in last May's Champions League semi-final against Chelsea. His Porsche was taken during the raid and later found burnt-out in west Derby.

Defender Daniel Agger had his home in Caldy, Wirral, burgled in September last year and striker Peter Crouch's house in Alderley Edge was targeted in the same month while he was on England duty.

--------------------------------------------------

Its one thing to rob an empty house, but ffs does he have to have security there 24/7 now, how will he feel the next time he goes out and leaves his wife and kids alone in the house?
account deleted by request

Postby Magz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:44 pm

This is a serious issue. I'm not sure how many of you heard about the Miami Dolphins NFL player that was shot in the leg during a home invasion and later died last week. These thieves are getting more brash and dangerous as time goes by, i'd hate to think of the ramifications of one of our players being home and attacked by one of these scum. It's good to see the club doing something about it.
Magz

Postby destro » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:00 pm

I was just thinking the same in terms of how serious this is, it happened to Robbie when he moved to Leeds and a few days later a similar crime in the same area but this time the guy woke up and disturbed them and was killed.

They sound organised and not some smack head scallys looking for a few bits to sell on for a quick fix, the fact they did it while Alex was in the house shows the lengths they are prepared to go to if it had been Stevie that had disturbed them who knows what would have happened !

I have watched enough Columbo to know the Police should be checking with all the victims so far to see if they have had decorators,workmen,satellite engineers or any other similar work carried out on their houses by the same firms.
destro

Postby maguskwt » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:02 pm

destro wrote:I have watched enough Columbo to know the Police should be checking with all the victims so far to see if they have had decorators,workmen,satellite engineers or any other similar work carried out on their houses by the same firms.

:D  Columbo...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:22 pm

Owzat wrote:
red37 wrote:On a sour note to an authoratitive performance in France - the skipper returns home to yet another Burglary for a Liverpool player. Depressing news indeed.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/246578312?-11194

Where were all everton fans last night? Certainly weren't watching their team in Champions League action...........................

Probably down at Tesco's buying Christmas presents or lookin on the net for Marseille strips! :laugh:
Gracias King Rafa

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:00 am

Duncan Ferguson can't be up to much right now, i'd pay him to house sit....problem solved.   :;):
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:29 am

Owzat wrote:Where were all everton fans last night? Certainly weren't watching their team in Champions League action...........................

Wouldnt surprise me if they were everton fans targeting liverpool players, theres no level low enough that they would steep to in order to get one over on the club.
Will be interesting to see what team they support if they are caught.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:36 am

Security of pro athletes is becoming a BIG issue.  My hometown American Football team just suffered a terrible tragedy with one of our biggest stars getting shot and killed in his home while it was being burglarized.

Saddest Day in Washington Area in a LONG time
JoeTerp

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:38 am

scum, lets hope measures are put in place not only to protect the players families but catching the fookers.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby mungi » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:41 am

the situation is getting serious. hire some private sercuity  company to provide ppl to protect all of the player's home when on away duty. i hate to see one of our players ending up like the NFL player
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:50 am

mungi wrote:the situation is getting serious. hire some private sercuity  company to provide ppl to protect all of the player's home when on away duty. i hate to see one of our players ending up like the NFL player

breeding pit bulls as a defence mechanism then having them fight each other to the death in a specially crafted pitbull ring of death?

(i know, u meant the dude who was shot...)

somethings gotta be done
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:07 am

dawson99 wrote:
mungi wrote:the situation is getting serious. hire some private sercuity  company to provide ppl to protect all of the player's home when on away duty. i hate to see one of our players ending up like the NFL player

breeding pit bulls as a defence mechanism then having them fight each other to the death in a specially crafted pitbull ring of death?

(i know, u meant the dude who was shot...)

somethings gotta be done

actually the player who was shot and killed had guard dogs, but got rid of them about a month before because of the image that Michael Vick put into the publics mind about athletes and dogs.
JoeTerp

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:20 pm

what angers me is even if your convicted of a burglary or a series of them the sentance you are given is a joke

2 years at the most
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby kopite_1232002 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:26 pm

Its good to see the scouse burglers using the rotation system

Am only jokin, bad news when you away playin footie and your house could be gettin robbed. somethin needs to be done,
kopite_1232002

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion