Gerard houllier - Support

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:42 am

As soon as Houllier was in sole power, i think most people began to realise he did have a vision, that made sense, and he was implementing some revolutionary changes at Anfield.i supported him all the way, i'd never had as much trust in any other manager before. i backed him up until the final two seasons. i am made up with what he changed at Anfield, and how he managed to steer the whole club back to bigger things.   i have to explain this to everyone who thinks i was being an arl ars* by calling for his head.

its not that i dont see what he done for the club, but i dont see it as being a supporter if when you can see its beyond fixing, you make it known. loads of people defended him saying "the club needs support, you musnt be a supporter". if if you always defend and support bad management, things will never change. it happens everywhere.its why governments change, its why things change.if everybody would have kept their mouths shut and continued to defend Houllier, it would have taken a lot longer to get someone else in. L.F.C cant afford to wait for things like that.  being a supporter also means shouting about what might be best for the club as a whole.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:53 am

Why don't we talk about Shankly? or Paisley?
:D :p

Sorry, no offense, I just can't help it, while the others talk about rafa, the possible signing, or champion's league, you've chosen to talk about GH.. :)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:56 am

cant you see the point i'm making?

i'm trying to say that this new benitez era may not have happened if it wasnt for the supporters calling for change.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
LFC Super Member

Postby ckay » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:57 am

that chapter is closed. The French man is dead, long live the Spaniard!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:00 pm

yes i totally agree.

i think cos i've been reading this forum for so many months without being able to post, i've still got a few things in my system that you's all may have discussed before. so just let me have a rant for a while, get it out me system like, and i'll be up to date no sooner than sh** off a shovel
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:18 pm

Houllier did a grt job no doubt, unfortunately the last 2 seasons weren't up 2 standard, but he shoulkd never be forgotten he brought us from the spice boys to a treble winning side.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:35 pm

I know we have to move on and we did need new direction but it still saddens me to remember the day that GH left the club. To think of what might and should have been but the last 2 seasons at the club did nothing to convince anyone that he would bring the title back home. Even his biggest critics would have to admit that he did a fantastic job at the club and restored the pride to it. Benitez would have a even bigger task on his hands but for GH and we should all respect him for that.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:38 pm

His biggest critics don't have to admit he did a great job. Evans was never out of the top 4, GH thought 4th playing ****** football and closer to the bottom than the top was magnificent.

We went from spice boys (evans days) to "second rate treble winners" to "****** boys" all for $100m.

I am still trying to get the last  6 years of ****** removed from my memory (no offence to those with great memories of beating a division one team on penalties when we deserved to lose, or of beating a Spanish village team via an o.g)

WAKE UP! LFC have been ****** for 14 years.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:09 pm

Trying to get the last 6 years out of your memory??? It would have been fair to say the last 3 years but thats a bit harsh! You seem to forget the teams we beat on the way to that final against Alaves. GH seemed to lose the plot after his heart operation but you call his whole stay at the club a nightmare?? Before he was taken to hospital was everyone questioning him then? No because the club was on the up and spirits were high because he had layed all the foundations and we then believed that we would go onto bigger things. Sadly it wasnt meant to be and the slide seemed to start with us crashing out the champions league against Leverkusen. It was all downhill from that game in my opinion and the bad times started then.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:31 pm

Yeah, he's whole reign was a nightmare. He played ****** football from 1998 on. we won 2 worthless cups, a Euro cup for teams not good enough for champions league, the luckiest FA cup win ever (admit it!) a one off Euro game and a charity shield (for ****** sake). We only did well in the league one year (came second in 2001-2002) and even then it was long ball. He had to wash rubbish like Heskey fall on his ****** and all that for £100m. First 4 qualify for champions league, as Evans qaulified for first 4 every year we'd have CL football playing good football every season. GH thought qualifying twice in his whole reign was good (ok , we qualified just before he got sacked too).

GH was a bluffer always blaming others, even blaming Gerrard for a poor run. Oh yeah, we also broke the record for going the longest without a win.

GH - record breaker and hero (in Old Trafford!)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:58 pm

that's a bit harsh,big niall
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:26 pm

His biggest critics don't have to admit he did a great job. Evans was never out of the top 4, GH thought 4th playing ****** football and closer to the bottom than the top was magnificent.

We went from spice boys (evans days) to "second rate treble winners" to "****** boys" all for $100m.

I am still trying to get the last  6 years of ****** removed from my memory (no offence to those with great memories of beating a division one team on penalties when we deserved to lose, or of beating a Spanish village team via an o.g)

WAKE UP! LFC have been ****** for 14 years.

Yeah, he's whole reign was a nightmare. He played ****** football from 1998 on. we won 2 worthless cups, a Euro cup for teams not good enough for champions league, the luckiest FA cup win ever (admit it!) a one off Euro game and a charity shield (for ****** sake). We only did well in the league one year (came second in 2001-2002) and even then it was long ball. He had to wash rubbish like Heskey fall on his ****** and all that for £100m. First 4 qualify for champions league, as Evans qaulified for first 4 every year we'd have CL football playing good football every season. GH thought qualifying twice in his whole reign was good (ok , we qualified just before he got sacked too).

GH was a bluffer always blaming others, even blaming Gerrard for a poor run. Oh yeah, we also broke the record for going the longest without a win.

GH - record breaker and hero (in Old Trafford!)

Knowledgeless, jealous, unappriciative ******.

Get real, support a local irish side for ****** sake. I'm sick of know nothings putting good achievements down to nothing. Beating the likes of Roma, the Mancs, Barcelona, getting to the quarters of the Champions League and being beaten by finalists means nothing?

You couldn't and never will do any better, so shut up and run along you ungreatful little stain.

Leave the man alone.

He should be remembered as a man who nearly gave his life trying to bring this club back to where it belongs and he damn nearly succeeded. He'll always be remembered by true fans as an excellent manager who done good things but in the end probably wasn't quite good enough.

At least he can honestly say he gave 100%, unlike some "supporters".
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:41 am

I agree with Stu's points although perhaps his delivery needs a little working on :D  but then again after the vitriolic nature of Big niall's posts then this time the big irishman deserves it :D

I am afraid that big Niall is typical of so many fans these days , it's win or nothing and it don't much matter who we denegrate on the way and for his disrespective comments on GH alone he deserved that little dressing down by the forum "tell it like it is" man Stu !!!!! LOL:laugh:

Whose next Big Niall ? Benitez if he loses a couple on the bounce and doesn't win everything !!!!!! ???

Walk on my Ars*
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:59 am

I wouldnt worry because he probably wasnt there on the big occasions ( Barcelona, Arsenal cup final, Alaves and Roma in the CL). If he was why say such s**t?
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:22 am

Hi madred, it's not so much what he says but the disrepectful manner in whish he says it that bothers me.

Houlliers failure to achieve the dream is well documentated but ultimately we ought to show a little more respect to a man who nearly died trying to achieve that dream ......

Thankfully many do and I believe many more will do in the future when they look back on GH's reign ....

Walk on
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion