FULHAM VS LIVERPOOL - John craven....cottage

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 06, 2007 1:55 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:I think that some of these squad plaers really have to take a long hard look at themselves if they want to remain as Liverpool players. Considering that there are at least a couple of places up for grabs on the bench for Athens you'd have thought that some of them would've been busting a gut to get them places but again they just didn't think they had to do much more than turn up.

Some are gonna slate Rafa for changing the team so much and yes maybe one or two changes were uncalled for but just how many of you out there got a lump in the back of yer shorts in the 1st half when Reina got that knock on his shoulder. Now imagine that happening with thew likes of stevie g, carra, finnan & masha. Losing games like this just isn't good enough for this club but at the end of the day the Champions league final is the priority for our season now.

No one could disagree with that. The depth and quality of our squad really shows  with games like these when changes are called  for. It's really the litmus test of the fringe players. I don't know just how many changes were made, but I know the likes of Gonzalez and even Fowler just don't have enough in them to make a real impact. That's no disprespect to Fowler himself, it's just a clear sign that his days are over at the club and we need more vigour to replace.

From what I've seen on the road this season, things are very stale, even when we do field a first choice team. We need at least four of five top quality signings in the summer, possibly more than that. I thought our problems were minor ones. They're much deeper.

we need depth in our squad...players like Zenden, Fowler, Dudek, Paletta and Gonzalez don't give us that. They're all mediocre at best.

Dudek should either be loaned or sold. Gonzalez and Paletta should be loaned or dropped to the reserves at least. I've heard people claim that "Gonzalez is a cracking youngster; that he's only still young and played brilliant in Spain, and that he should be given another season". "B@llocks! He isn't anywhere near good enough for us". I mentioned Harry Kewel to the same people: they say he should be sold. "B@llocks" again, I said - "Harry is the best player we have for the possition, and had he been fit, we'd probably be in better shape in the league". I'm sure of this.

Thing is, we've never really replaced McManaman, Fowler lost his touch, and never replaced Owen. When we had these players, we could hurt teams. Shame about our defense back then, though, when we had them in their prime. We need to find players of equal or better quality.

agree about Gonzalez and Kewell...we paid a lot of money for  Gonzalez and he's cr@p.  Even a 50% fit kewell is better than Gonzalez...in fact i would gues that Rafa rates ZENDEN above him.  He should be sold, he's not good enough.

Dudek will go on a free in the summer...but he should have gone LONG ago.

Fowler missed 2 sitters today...1 was an open goal tap in. Despite what some say, he's LONG past it and today might have been his last start for us.

You're seriously suggesting he missed that chance today because he's "past it"?

And you're classing him failing to get on the end of a shot by another player as missing a sitter?

Think about what you're saying you stupid boy.

:laugh:  :D

robbie fowler has been past it for years.
still, he`s one of the best players i`ve ever seen in a red shirt but that robbie fowler dissapeared in that derby game in the late 90`s when he clashed with the everton keeper.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Sun May 06, 2007 6:48 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:I think that some of these squad plaers really have to take a long hard look at themselves if they want to remain as Liverpool players. Considering that there are at least a couple of places up for grabs on the bench for Athens you'd have thought that some of them would've been busting a gut to get them places but again they just didn't think they had to do much more than turn up.

Some are gonna slate Rafa for changing the team so much and yes maybe one or two changes were uncalled for but just how many of you out there got a lump in the back of yer shorts in the 1st half when Reina got that knock on his shoulder. Now imagine that happening with thew likes of stevie g, carra, finnan & masha. Losing games like this just isn't good enough for this club but at the end of the day the Champions league final is the priority for our season now.

No one could disagree with that. The depth and quality of our squad really shows  with games like these when changes are called  for. It's really the litmus test of the fringe players. I don't know just how many changes were made, but I know the likes of Gonzalez and even Fowler just don't have enough in them to make a real impact. That's no disprespect to Fowler himself, it's just a clear sign that his days are over at the club and we need more vigour to replace.

From what I've seen on the road this season, things are very stale, even when we do field a first choice team. We need at least four of five top quality signings in the summer, possibly more than that. I thought our problems were minor ones. They're much deeper.

we need depth in our squad...players like Zenden, Fowler, Dudek, Paletta and Gonzalez don't give us that. They're all mediocre at best.

Dudek should either be loaned or sold. Gonzalez and Paletta should be loaned or dropped to the reserves at least. I've heard people claim that "Gonzalez is a cracking youngster; that he's only still young and played brilliant in Spain, and that he should be given another season". "B@llocks! He isn't anywhere near good enough for us". I mentioned Harry Kewel to the same people: they say he should be sold. "B@llocks" again, I said - "Harry is the best player we have for the possition, and had he been fit, we'd probably be in better shape in the league". I'm sure of this.

Thing is, we've never really replaced McManaman, Fowler lost his touch, and never replaced Owen. When we had these players, we could hurt teams. Shame about our defense back then, though, when we had them in their prime. We need to find players of equal or better quality.

agree about Gonzalez and Kewell...we paid a lot of money for  Gonzalez and he's cr@p.  Even a 50% fit kewell is better than Gonzalez...in fact i would gues that Rafa rates ZENDEN above him.  He should be sold, he's not good enough.

Dudek will go on a free in the summer...but he should have gone LONG ago.

Fowler missed 2 sitters today...1 was an open goal tap in. Despite what some say, he's LONG past it and today might have been his last start for us.

You're seriously suggesting he missed that chance today because he's "past it"?

And you're classing him failing to get on the end of a shot by another player as missing a sitter?

Think about what you're saying you stupid boy.

:laugh:  :D

robbie fowler has been past it for years.
still, he`s one of the best players i`ve ever seen in a red shirt but that robbie fowler dissapeared in that derby game in the late 90`s when he clashed with the everton keeper.

Bit arrogant and rude to call anyone stupid on a forum, especially when it's just the fella's opinion. I think it's a common opinion of the wise amongst us that Fowler is well past his prime. Once he got injured in the late 90's, the Fowler we grew to love perished, and that's a solid fact! Another fact that we all tend to agree on (well, most with sense) is that he should be replaced with someone a lot better, and there are quite a few around that are.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue May 08, 2007 2:25 pm

I wasn't impressed with one of Fowler's "misses" but frankly he was in the right place so questions over his mobility go out the window. He's set up two goals in his last three outings and getting in positions to score without being a regular which you have to allow for. And it isn't like others don't miss when it seems easier to score, I have to doubt it was quite as much of a sitter as it looked OR perhaps it was a Folwer howler OR perhaps something you can't see happened like his studs got caught
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue May 08, 2007 3:35 pm

Only Fowler will have any idea of how he missed that chance and even then he may not be able to explain how. However there is no point in dwelling on missed opportunities.

I only managed to see the first half of the game and it was great to see that Robbie has still got some of the vision and touches that he always had and the poachers instinct is still there even if the finish was lacking. It shows that these skills are natural and are rarely gonna be lost.

On another note from what I saw Palletta was very, very poor and what surprises me even more was that he got man of the match in Monday's Echo.  :Oo:

Was the rest of the team really that bad in the second half?  ???
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BenitezTheBuffoon » Tue May 08, 2007 9:49 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Idiot  :kungfu:

Rafa has got to through some kids in at one point or another, and this fixture was ideal to do that. Okay we didnt win and again looked short of ideas going forward, but the first team has those problems.

Foolish gimp.
BenitezTheBuffoon

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion