Fixtures for the new season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:51 am

Liverpool, whose poor home form of last season was a factor in Kenny Dalglish's dismissal, face Manchester City, Arsenal and Manchester United in their first three home games.

AUGUST

18 West Brom (A)
25 Manchester City (H)

SEPTEMBER

1 Arsenal (H)
15 Sunderland (A)
22 Manchester United (H)
29 Norwich City (A)

OCTOBER

6 Stoke City (H)
20 Reading (H)
27 Everton (A)

NOVEMBER

3 Newcastle United (H)
10 Chelsea (A)
17 Wigan Athletic (H)
24 Swansea City (A)
27 Tottenham (A)

DECEMBER

1 Southampton (H)
8 West Ham (A)
15 Aston Villa (H)
22 Fulham (H)
26 Stoke City (A)
29 QPR (A)

JANUARY 2013

1 Sunderland (H)
12 Manchester United (A)
19 Norwich City (H)
29 Arsenal (A)

FEBRUARY

2 Manchester City (A)
9 West Brom (H)
23 Swansea City (H)

MARCH

2 Wigan Athletic (A)
9 Tottenham (H)
16 Southampton (A)
30 Aston Villa (A)

APRIL

6 West Ham (H)
13 Reading (A)
20 Chelsea (H)
27 Newcastle United (A)

MAY

4 Everton (H)
12 Fulham (A)
19 QPR (H)
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:00 am

baptism by fire for Brendan Rodgers with those three first home games.... thats well harsh
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:04 am

it's the FA mate, hate us.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:07 am

8th time in 9 years we start away from home and the first 3 home games is against city, arsenal and manc... This is going to get messy
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:15 am

Roger Red Hat » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:04 am wrote:it's the FA mate, hate us.

Fixtures are done by the Prem League not the FA
Benny The Noon

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:17 am

on the other hand if we're properly prepared, a couple of new signings and everyone wanting to prove their worth to the gaffer , I can see us having little problems. Get the tough ones out of the way first up. I'm more worried about Stoke at Home.

thanks Benny, I did not know that
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:21 am

We have three qualifiers for Europa before the start of the prem - that could help us hit the ground running better
Benny The Noon

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:34 am

the only thing with the Europa is half the squads playin in the Euros or at least trainin for it. I cant see us playin anywhere near a full team in those qualifiers, certainly not the first ones, so its not gonna be as convenient as it could be. Tho yeah, coupla signins could work out well if they can hit some early form. First few away aint too bad, need good points outta them an patience with the manager at home i reckon.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:35 am

Actually prefer the "tougher games" first. We should have beat City united and Arsenal at home last year instead we got 2 points.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 am

bring it on. can't wait.

looking at the first 5 games, rodgers got 9 points from those games with swansea last season. that would be a decent return here aswell.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Raven » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:28 am

I know it sounds harsh but looking at that lot we will know how the season will pan out by the end of sept.
The Raven

Postby andy_g » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:44 am

we still have to play the same amount of teams, and the same big teams home and away, as every other season. the only danger is that if we don't do well in the three tougher home games early on then we might start to believe we have some deeper issues at home. we generally do ok against the man u and arsenal at home though.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brentd4 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:19 pm

why all the gloom, we always step up against the bigger teams, if we manage to beat arsenal n utd, draw against city well had a pretty good chance of stretching a lead over them and will have a great basis to build on for the rest of the season. no reason why we aren't top of the table come october.

utd could slip up away to everton and the week we play utd, arsenal play city so one of those teams will drop points here.
brentd4

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:57 pm

No problemo, our lads should be buzzing under new management whereas Citch, Arsenal and Ure will make indifferent starts. Bring them on, 3-0 to us in every game, top of the league.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:21 am wrote:We have three qualifiers for Europa before the start of the prem - that could help us hit the ground running better

Exactly.  We may not have all our players fully fit and available, but the ones we will be missing is the 6 in Euro. 3 Won't even be playing, and one doesn't even start for us, but we will potentially be missing Gerrard.  Big Andy will be fine I imagine.

Everybody tends to start a little bit slow.  The fact we got all those big clubs early may mean we pick up a few points we wouldn't have otherwise.  People just need to realize that if we don't, we can't go after Rogers for it already.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion