Fixtures for the new season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:35 pm

QPR at home last game of the season
We can parade the Premier league trophy before the game...
:;):
Thommo's perm

Postby ethanr » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:35 am wrote:QPR at home last game of the season

:bowdown   Yes.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:35 pm wrote:QPR at home last game of the season

It's an omen I tells ya!!

Citeh beat 'em to win it and looks like we'll have to do the same!!  :buttrock

Seriously though, if we do have a poor run of form in all those big games lumped together I just hope the whoppers that follow the club don't start calling for B.ROD's head or chanting Rafa's name. With those first 5 fixtures I'll be ecstatic with a 9 point haul. Some will argue that it's lowering our standards but it's just a realistic reflection of where we are at the moment.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby friendlyguy33 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:01 pm

This is just a disgrace quite honestly I just don't believe that these first two home games were picked out randomly by a computer. The club should be asking questions from Mr Scudamore about this it's clearly deliberate.

In a historical context does anyone remember United or Arsenal being given Liverpool and Everton at home in their first two home games at the end of the 80s when the Liverpool clubs were dominating?

Someone clearly doesn't want Liverpool to be at the top of the table after the first few games. We've been stitched up a number of times since 92 from Forest on the opening day under Souness, to Chelsea at home in 03-04, to Arsenal at home a couple of years ago and now this.

It beggars belief.
friendlyguy33

Postby dundreamin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:35 pm

It doesn't matter when we play any team we still have to play the 38 games and at the end of the season you finish up were you deserve to be. There is no advantage playing any team at any stage of the season It's a complete myth
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby dundreamin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:35 pm

It doesn't matter when we play any team we still have to play the 38 games and at the end of the season you finish up were you deserve to be. There is no advantage playing any team at any stage of the season It's a complete myth
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:36 pm

dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:57 pm

I didn't quite catch that Dundreamin
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:04 pm

dundreamin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:36 pm wrote:It doesn't matter when we play any team we still have to play the 38 games and at the end of the season you finish up were you deserve to be. There is no advantage playing any team at any stage of the season It's a complete myth

Dunno about that.  I'd have to think there might be more favorable games to kick off the home campaign than hosting the champions.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Cant wait  :help

Seriously with a few clever signings and if the squad take to the Rodgers style of football reasonably quickly then there is no reason we cant compete from the off.
burjennio

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Let's be careful not to have over expectations this early by even talking about things like competing
Benny The Noon

Postby Boxscarf » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:15 am

Christ in the space of a month we're facing Manchester City, Arsenal and Manchester United.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:18 am

Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:04 pm wrote:Let's be careful not to have over expectations this early by even talking about things like competing

It's the same every season with our supporters. New manager, same old expectations. Out of the picture in November, supporter unrest, calls for a change of manager, failure to get into the Champions League, manager is sacked, repeat cycle for the following season.

I'm not expecting anything next season, I've given up having expectations with this football club, you never know what's going to happen with our club.
Boxscarf

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:47 am

Boxscarf » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:15 pm wrote:Christ in the space of a month we're facing Manchester City, Arsenal and Manchester United.

And what?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby andy_g » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:34 am

so... to summarise...

its a conspiracy to make sure we have a bad start because the FA and the Premiership hate us. Its ok though, because brendan rodgers is going to make some fab signings and we might even be top of the league. though if we aren't, then we'll all hate the manager and make sure he gets sacked.

nice.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion