Fifa club world championship - Starting to wonder whether its worth it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:24 pm

A little pedantic...

If you look at the fixture list on LFC.TV its says the Sunderland game is postponed. Only when you look down this list is there another entry for the re-arranged game.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:26 pm

All aboard the gravy train! 'chi-CHING!!!'
Last edited by wrighty (not mark!) on Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:34 pm

H_K_LFC wrote:the leagues gone and so's 2nd place(to wigan) already

You were joking then right ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:41 pm

Wigan won't last the pace. Can't see them getting relegated now though, they've accumulated too many points though. Let's hope Liverpool can really push on now and be in the right end of the table. I'm a BELIEVAH!
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:44 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:

I wonder where Wigan will be at the end of Feb, after a few injuries have hit their squad?
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:57 pm

wigan will finish about 12th certain of that
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red black white » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:16 pm

You should worry more about the team conquests than the physical conditions of the players. Common guys, they receive a huge amount of money and they can easily play two more matches in Japan. And also, I dont believe that Liverpool will win the Premier or the Champions' League. This tournment is an easier way to win something, and the name is great: "World Champions" :laugh:

Why are you not considering São Paulo? Believe me, Liverpool wont win hands down as you're probably imagining. I truly believe that my team (São Paulo FC) will be "World Champion" for the third time (1992,1993 and 2005).

"They're big, they're strong", goes the São Paulo club anthem, and the words never seemed more appropriate[...]"FIFA.com
Red black white

Postby ste123lfc » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:24 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

I wonder where Wigan will be at the end of Feb, after a few injuries have hit their squad?

:D higher than everton :wwww
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:31 pm

nobodys really concerned that much about Sao Paulo my friend or anyone in it.You seem to be making this tournament far more important than it actually is.If you win it your not really the best team in the world are you,anybody who is half decent from your country ends up in spain or other european leagues.....why is that, apart from money its because they are better leagues.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red black white » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:38 pm

drummerphil wrote:nobodys really concerned that much about Sao Paulo my friend or anyone in it.You seem to be making this tournament far more important than it actually is.If you win it your not really the best team in the world are you,anybody who is half decent from your country ends up in spain or other european leagues.....why is that, apart from money its because they are better leagues.

Yeah, it's way important for us. We are better than any other Brazilian or Argentinian team...so that's why it's important. It's the chance to beat the best teams from the other continents and, particularly, the europeans ones.

If Liverpool is so superior, why don't it proves it playing football? It's the best way to prove your superiority...much better than keep on saying that "World Club Championship" doesnt worth it beacause Liverpool is the best anyway.  :glare:

"They're big, they're strong", goes the São Paulo club anthem, and the words never seemed more appropriate[...]"FIFA.com
Red black white

Postby drummerphil » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:45 pm

we play far more games in this country than any where else...and behind the Premiership,champions league and FA cup it pales into insignificence.
Dont get me wrong it would be nice to win it,in the same way it was when we won the European super cup.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:54 pm

Its a load of balls and totally wrong!! Imagine(heaven forbid) 1 or 2 important players got injured in such a pointless tournament!! We'd all be fuc.kin livid!!
The reserves should go or the whole lot should be rescheduled to after the domestic season!
Our players have enough asked of them without this advert for FIFA,thats all it is!! :angry:
66-1120597113

Postby Red black white » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:56 pm

drummerphil wrote:we play far more games in this country than any where else...and behind the Premiership,champions league and FA cup it pales into insignificence.
Dont get me wrong it would be nice to win it, in the same way it was when we won the European super cup.

We are in the same situation...We won Paulista Championship (only teams from the state of São Paulo) and the Libertadores Cup (which corresponds to Champions' League)...But we are not playing as we should in the Brazilian League and we gave up of South-American Cup (corresponds to the other european championship, but I forgot the name  :lookaround ) because the finals are in the same days of the World Clubs Championship...LOL Fifa didnt organized it very weel.

As I said, two games wont kill anyone...I also know some guys who are travelling to Japan...LOL  :blush:

Red black white

Postby drummerphil » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:57 pm

Agree to a point Barry,but that bloke from Brazil is making more of it than its importance deserves.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bandeirante_SPFC » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:13 am

drummerphil,

Think this...

Even with the main team Liverpool will never beat Sao Paulo at the final. And do you know why ? That's because the english football is too much tecnical discipline and ZERO about hability. When Cicinho starts to use his ability I can bet with you that it will to late for Liverpool.

As the history can show us, the english teams never take good results against south americans clubs. In 1981 Liverpool lost the final (in Japan) for Flamengo of Zico (3-0). Look the retrospect:

Estudiantes de la Plata defeat Manchester United,

Nacional (URUGUAY) defeat Nottingham Forest,

Flamengo defeat Liverpool,

Peñarol defeat Aston Villa,

Independiente defeat Liverpool again,

the only exception is 1999 when ManU defeat Palmeiras (BRA). With this the Manchester United is the unique english club that can be proud to be the true world champion (in 1999).

Don't be so fool my friend...

See you in Tokyo....
DENTRE OS GRANDES ÉS O PRIMEIRO!!! AMO-TE TRICOLOR!!!
Bandeirante_SPFC

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion