Fan Stories

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:52 am

Alright folks, in an attempt to lighten the mood and hopefully create a lil unity, tell us some stories?

Why do you support Liverpool? Any funny stories? What's your earliest memory?

Being from the NE, when I was a kid, most people supported the Toon. Second most supported was Liverpool. The rest was spread between the Mackems, the scum and Boro, with a few random teams sprinkled around.

Grobbs was the boy at the time. He's probably the main thing that set me on the lifelong love affair I've had with the club. The Clown Prince. I remember we were sponsored by Crown Paints. Still got the top somewhere!

One day my mum called me in... I was 6, 7 ish. She told me Bruce was on the phone. I grabbed it and started talking, loving it. Bruce was talking back. I think I even cried, haha. Of course it wasn't Bruce. It was one of those automated chat things.

Must of cost my mum at least 25p.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:22 am

RedAnt » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:52 am wrote:Alright folks, in an attempt to lighten the mood and hopefully create a lil unity, tell us some stories?

Why do you support Liverpool? Any funny stories? What's your earliest memory?

Being from the NE, when I was a kid, most people supported the Toon. Second most supported was Liverpool. The rest was spread between the Mackems, the scum and Boro, with a few random teams sprinkled around.

Grobbs was the boy at the time. He's probably the main thing that set me on the lifelong love affair I've had with the club. The Clown Prince. I remember we were sponsored by Crown Paints. Still got the top somewhere!

One day my mum called me in... I was 6, 7 ish. She told me Bruce was on the phone. I grabbed it and started talking, loving it. Bruce was talking back. I think I even cried, haha. Of course it wasn't Bruce. It was one of those automated chat things.

Must of cost my mum at least 25p.

Because its where I was born and have alot of local pride :;):

Fowler's less than 5 minute hatrick against Arsenal was probably one of my best memories... In hindsight to have seen Carragher and Gerrard's first goals for the club is pretty special too.

The best of the lot though was definately Houllier's defence of Fowler's celebration when he scored against the bitters. Eating the grass? Really? :laugh:

A close second was Suarez celebration again against the bitters. ***** quality moments!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:58 am

Hah, Fowlers celebration. Loved it.
RedAnt

Postby tadhger09 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:23 pm

The King was all the inspiration I needed, the man was the Rolls Royce of redmen. Absolute quality.

I have a few favored memories, Whelan's curler in the f.a cup and Grobelaars (spelling) antics in the European cup final stand out.

In recent times it would have to Stevie's strike/hit against Olympyakos when Andy Grey nearly cacked his pants :bowdown
tadhger09
LFC Basic Member

Postby dundreamin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:17 am

I remember think it was 1966 Everton v WBA FA Cup final and I saidto my grandad I want Everton to win so the cup stayed in the city. My grandad threw me out of the house until my mam came back with my grandma he was livid told my mam to get my dad to sort me outMy dad died in 1982 only 42. In Istanbul when Stevie lifted NUMBER 5 . I thought my dad would have retired that year and we won it a day after he would of officially retired beats a gold watch by a million miles RIP Dad YNWA
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby dundreamin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:22 am

I remember think it was 1966 Everton v WBA FA Cup final and I saidto my grandad I want Everton to win so the cup stayed in the city. My grandad threw me out of the house until my mam came back with my grandma he was livid told my mam to get my dad to sort me outMy dad died in 1982 only 42. In Istanbul when Stevie lifted NUMBER 5 . I thought my dad would have retired that year and we won it a day after he would of officially retired beats a gold watch by a million miles RIP Dad YNWA
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:38 am

dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:04 am

We're  all red in our family with the exception of one of my brothers who is a blue, when I was about 9 or 10 he tried to persuade me to support Everton, promised to take me to every game and get me a season ticket to the 500 club. I went a couple of times because my mate was an Everton supporter(kept on going on about Bobby latchford walking on water and all that shyte) but it just wasn't there, can't explain it but it just didn't feel right, no emotion or anything so i turned him down.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:11 am

My uncle is the reason why I'm a red. My dad was in the RAF so at weekends when my dad was away I used to stay over at relatives and at the age of 8 I started staying with my Uncle in Chester - and he took me to the games with his best mate every weekend - I loved every single minute of it. My uncles best mate hasn't been to a game since Hillsboro - just hurt him very badly.

My favourite memory was the 89 Cup Final and Rush scoring - lots of emotion that day and never witnessed an atmosphere and togetherness like that in my life. Derbies in those days were great days - standing/sitting next to blues - now there is a lot of nastiness hanging around it
Benny The Noon

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:26 am

Most memorable has to be 77, I cried my eyes out after we lost to ManU in the FA cup final and then the elation of Rome a few days later.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:18 am

Has anyone seen anything heartwarming, opposing fans and such coming together? I love stories like that.
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:22 pm

Boocity » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:26 am wrote:Most memorable has to be when I was 77, I cried my eyes out after we lost to ManU in the FA cup final and then the elation of Rome a few days later.

So that would make you 113? :wwww
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:27 pm

StuYesThatStu » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:22 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:26 am wrote:Most memorable has to be when I was 77, I cried my eyes out after we lost to ManU in the FA cup final and then the elation of Rome a few days later.

You got me there, i will edit that  :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:28 pm

Boocity » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:27 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:22 pm wrote:

You got me there, i will edit that  :D

Cnut I didn't put that, was a bit bleary eyed this morning so I could easily have done  :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:31 pm

Sorry  :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion