ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:10 pm

Mikz » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:02 pm wrote:Agree..theres no way he will be sacked now, he will see the season out , the only way i can see his removal is by a fan walkout of home games and that wont happen.

I have no crystal ball, but i can visualise this scenario....he will get a run of games and we will be magnificent...everyone will be backing him again, then....bang.....another run of dismality ..and itll continue on the rodgers out !!

I disagree that everyone will be backing him again, even if the team were to string a run of games together. BR is now a time bomb ticking. The media knew it, the fans now know it and it's just a matter of time for FSG to accept it and BOOM!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:27 pm

It is also quite feasible to think that John Henry (who was rumoured to favour giving BR the boot at the end of last season) has now got his cowboy boots firmly on the desk of his business partner(s), smoking a fat one with Linda combing her fingers through his hair.  :bowdown
With the view of... Well I listened to you boys and I showed diplomacy. Now it's time for me to take charge and YOU LOT can't say $HIT, D!CK or F$$K about it.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Well a few months ago Klopp would have seen practically a blank cheque. Plus lots of deadwood to sell to raise extra funds. He could have made the decision on Gerrard. He'd have brought in his own staff. Now he would be looking at James Milner and co and no transfer window. I'm not sure it makes sense in any level. The end of last season was the perfect opportunity to bin Brendan.
I reckon a good start to a managers job is practically a must these days. Would Klopp really fancy starting now?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:06 pm

RedAnt » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:31 pm wrote:Well a few months ago Klopp would have seen practically a blank cheque. Plus lots of deadwood to sell to raise extra funds. He could have made the decision on Gerrard. He'd have brought in his own staff. Now he would be looking at James Milner and co and no transfer window. I'm not sure it makes sense in any level. The end of last season was the perfect opportunity to bin Brendan.
I reckon a good start to a managers job is practically a must these days. Would Klopp really fancy starting now?

I TOTALLY agree with you.
But like I said. What has he got to lose?
To reiterate, I think FSG will see BR out until the end of the season or at the earliest Xmas.
January is as good a time to change manager in football as any. The King came in Xmas / Jan and bought LS.
January is as good a time to spend if the clubs scouting network or the new manager has done their H/W.
BR has proven that buying in the closed season, buying early in the transfer window, bedding in new players into the squad early is just pie in the sky and counts for nothing if the player(s) have no or little capability on the pitch.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:41 pm

johnbarnes » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:06 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:31 pm wrote:Well a few months ago Klopp would have seen practically a blank cheque. Plus lots of deadwood to sell to raise extra funds. He could have made the decision on Gerrard. He'd have brought in his own staff. Now he would be looking at James Milner and co and no transfer window. I'm not sure it makes sense in any level. The end of last season was the perfect opportunity to bin Brendan.

To reiterate, I think FSG will see BR out until the end of the season or at the earliest Xmas.
January is as good a time to change manager in football as any. The King came in Xmas / Jan and bought LS.
January is as good a time to spend if the clubs scouting network or the new manager has done their H/W.
BR has proven that buying in the closed season, buying early in the transfer window, bedding in new players into the squad early is just pie in the sky and counts for nothing if the player(s) have no or little capability on the pitch.

I know we mostly agree. But where you miss my point is that Klopp may have everything to lose. We don't know if he was sounded out about the job after last season but not much would surprise me these days. If he was talked to, and showed no interest, then I think now he'd be less interested.
If everything is all above board and Klopp has never been spoken to, then he may well still feel a bit miffed. He might think we should have come knocking when he could actually do something, not wait until Rodgers had dealt the deck he'd have to play with.
If he came in now, he'd be risking his reputation, trying to mould Rodgers playing and coaching staff into a workable unit. It's a heck of a lot of graft. If he could pull it off now I'd be amazed. I'm not sure his reputation needs another hit just yet.
RedAnt

Postby parchpea » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:34 pm

I am not a fan of FSG but our club has been poorly managed for so long now and its high time money was invested in a world class manager.

From Hodgson through to Dalglish and Rodgers, all hired by FSG but not one would be on the radar of elite clubs.

There is a chance that Liverpool could recruit Klopp or Ancelotti, stellar names, and I still believe they would come if our owners allow change to how we work and show a willingness to adapt for the future of the club.

Rodgers had his shot with the Suarez team but since then has lost his way, his swagger, and I honestly dont think he can get that back now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:07 pm

RedAnt » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:41 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:06 pm wrote:

I know we mostly agree. But where you miss my point is that Klopp may have everything to lose. We don't know if he was sounded out about the job after last season but not much would surprise me these days. If he was talked to, and showed no interest, then I think now he'd be less interested.
If everything is all above board and Klopp has never been spoken to, then he may well still feel a bit miffed. He might think we should have come knocking when he could actually do something, not wait until Rodgers had dealt the deck he'd have to play with.
If he came in now, he'd be risking his reputation, trying to mould Rodgers playing and coaching staff into a workable unit. It's a heck of a lot of graft. If he could pull it off now I'd be amazed. I'm not sure his reputation needs another hit just yet.

There's a lot of assumption here.
I'd like to go with the concept that NO OFFICIAL approach has been made.
Here's another way of putting it. IF KLOPP was installed as LFC manager and 3 years down the line thing were a bit dodgy. What is he to assume?
1. My job is safe
2. My job is on the line and I'm really under pressure with the way FSG conduct themselves.

Sometimes the silence can be deafening but also very constructive for long term sustainability.

ALSO:
Top managers bring in their own staff and have methods that are affective. Just look at Leicester! By all means they will probably struggle this season; but struggle to stay in the Premiership, that is highly debatable when you look at the league table. They've had a flying start under a manager who knows the game, the league and has the experience.

If a change was to come at Xmas. LFC could still quite conceivably win the FA Cup or the Europa Cup (or both) and still qualify in the top 4.
Would that be a bad season?

Our squad is not as bad as many would like to think.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Bit of an awkward situation now, after giving Rodgers so much money to spend, (that could have been given to another manager), and to fire him after just 5 games would look very stupid, so I think the owners won't do it. We're looking at at least 3-4 months with Rodgers still at the helm IMO. What good manager would want to come in now anyway? Klopp maybe but that's about it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:21 pm

FSG have just revamped Anfield I seriously doubt they would risk alienating the fans tasked with filling it ,the owners are intelligent enough for the realisation that empty seats and fans leaving in their droves is not the way forward . As regards Klopp accepting the job ,I'd like to think a manager of his quality can detect a work of art that's been thrown amongst the scrawling's of a madman of whom its evident  possesses no artistic bent.

Klopp would relish the opportunity to restore our credibility ,to make us feared once more. The current managers demise has been all his own work ,I'm only surmising but I think the owners allowing him to farm out most of the committee purchases and play his own team is tantamount to laying waste to his catalogue of excuses.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:37 pm

The whole place is stale and it stinks.

Whether he turns it around or not his times up. This club needs a lift.

Get Klopp in ASAP

Rodgers should have walked when the whistle blew against Stoke last season.
Kopite-Jud

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:14 pm

JB, one thing though, with regards Europa and FA Cup s respectively, if BR is still around  LFC in  the next couple of months, LFC will be out of all competitions. This guy has no idea whatsoever about tactics, formations, playing individuals in the correct positions at all etc. He'll try and convert Migs into a midfielder anytime soon.  Imo, he lost the dressing room partly last season, and the rest are now following. He's got to go tonight, O'Driscoll as temp until the end of the season. FSG bol***ked it up over the summer. Whatever the reason for keeping with him will come back and bite them. I don't know what Michael Gordon saw in BR or said to the owners about him following the long and protracted review, but MG needs to go as well.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:28 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:21 pm wrote:FSG have just revamped Anfield I seriously doubt they would risk alienating the fans tasked with filling it ,the owners are intelligent enough for the realisation that empty seats and fans leaving in their droves is not the way forward . As regards Klopp accepting the job ,I'd like to think a manager of his quality can detect a work of art that's been thrown amongst the scrawling's of a madman of whom its evident  possesses no artistic bent.

^^^that's funny^^^  :D

Klopp would relish the opportunity to restore our credibility ,to make us feared once more. The current managers demise has been all his own work ,I'm only surmising but I think the owners allowing him to farm out most of the committee purchases and play his own team is tantamount to laying waste to his catalogue of excuses.

And also signing his own death certificate.
All loan players can come back and be given a fresh new start under new management.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:31 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:14 pm wrote:JB, one thing though, with regards Europa and FA Cup s respectively, if BR is still around  LFC in  the next couple of months, LFC will be out of all competitions. This guy has no idea whatsoever about tactics, formations, playing individuals in the correct positions at all etc. He'll try and convert Migs into a midfielder anytime soon.  Imo, he lost the dressing room partly last season, and the rest are now following. He's got to go tonight, O'Driscoll as temp until the end of the season. FSG bol***ked it up over the summer. Whatever the reason for keeping with him will come back and bite them. I don't know what Michael Gordon saw in BR or said to the owners about him following the long and protracted review, but MG needs to go as well.

I completely agree with you. He time is up!
RE; FA Cup - this trophy could be a new challenge for a new manager. Imagine Klopp walking out at Wembley, leading the reds to lift the world oldest domestic in his first half-season!
It's not quite Rafa-esque but WOW what a possible entry into English football...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:08 am

JB you're still missing my point. Of course no official approach was made for Klopp. BR has the job. I was trying to paint a few scenarios and then view them from JK's perspective. An unofficial approach would have been far more likely. I seriously doubt FSG would allow Brendan to take charge of preseason and all it involved only to sack him after five games and bring Klopp in.
RedAnt

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:30 am

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I've been reading reports that it'll cost them arounf £8Million to get rid of Rodgers.  If that effects the balance of the books then he will not go anywhere.

They are businessmen and don't care about whats best for this club.

They are only concerned on financial gain.  At the end of each financial year their only concern is how much money have we spent V how much money this club has made.

I'm convinced they got rid of Marsh and Pascoe to make Brendan walk.

I've had enough me.  He should have gone the second the Stoke game finished at the end of last season.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Kopite-Jud

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion