EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:52 pm

If he's agreed a deal with Juve then I think we should drop him to the reserves and develop a player that actually wants to play for this club.

I'm not saying this as a personal vendetta but we keep giving these young players a massive platform, develop them, then they just throw it back in our faces.

Sell Coutinho and with that money buy a proper no6 holding midfielder and a attacking midfielder.. then play Wjnaldum every game and drop Can to the reserves.. might mess up his chances for getting in Germans world cup squad aswell.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Problem is mate if Wijnaldum gets injured then who are we supposed to play there.. We've got no choice but to keep playing him due to the important matches we've got coming up.
We've got too much goig on this season and the last thing we wanf ia our progress to get haulted or getting knocked back a few steps.

If we sign a No6 this window that would be fantastic.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:12 pm

If he has signed that deal with Juve then he should be dropped because his head is already out the door.  Klopp has been sticking up for him regarding his contract and foolishly believes that he still could sign at the end of the season  :laugh:
The last thing we should be doing is giving him a platform to get his place at the W.C.  Play Grujic instead and give the lad a proper chance for the rest of the season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:29 pm

I've seen nothing to suggest Grujic is good enough to play for LFC. And, while I'm not Can's biggest fan, I can't begrudge the guy for seeing out his contract and moving on.

I don't think we should drop him at the detriment of our team. He's a decent squad player and does a job. But he's not good enough for the £100k+ a week he was demanding to stay...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:39 pm

To be fair to Emre he doesn't seem the type to down tools, if we are paying him we may as well play him. We'll probably need him tonight anyway if McCarthy's playing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:39 pm wrote:To be fair to Emre he doesn't seem the type to down tools, if we are paying him we may as well play him. We'll probably need him tonight anyway if McCarthy's playing.

Thing is, he made it clear what he wanted and we said no. We've tried to negotiate but he's had his head turned. I'll wish him luck and am very confident that we'll replace him with someone better.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:57 pm

I don't rate him that much to be honest he is easily replaceable. However our problem is we don't have decebt quality in the role he plays. With the amount of games we've got we will need him so i would play him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:00 am

7_Kewell » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:29 pm wrote:I've seen nothing to suggest Grujic is good enough to play for LFC. And, while I'm not Can's biggest fan, I can't begrudge the guy for seeing out his contract and moving on.

I don't think we should drop him at the detriment of our team. He's a decent squad player and does a job. But he's not good enough for the £100k+ a week he was demanding to stay...

The lad has barely got a chance for us and should be given his opportunity before we replace him with another great hope that won't get a sniff either.  He scored a goal for us when he 1st arrived against Barca and it was an absolute sublime piece of skill, Pure improvisation and that is something you can't be thought.
Allowing Can to do what he is doing sends out the wrong message to lads who want to play here  :nod
Also we are more than willing to pay him 100k  :nod We just aren't willing to put in the measly release clause he wants.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:22 am

Rubbish again today, and again tommorow and all subsequent games.

He's just pants.

What does this guy do that is remotely useful to this team. He's another hendo.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:50 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:39 pm wrote:To be fair to Emre he doesn't seem the type to down tools, if we are paying him we may as well play him. We'll probably need him tonight anyway if McCarthy's playing.

Agreed. He celebrated the goal normally. He isn't going to down tools.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:42 am

Talking about celebrations i cracked up when Mane jumped on Van Dijks back like a little kid :D.

it's like finnally we have a leader in the team.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:39 pm

Noticed how easily Can lost interest in tracking Sigurdsson and allowed him to equalized unchallenged? That's why me think Can leaving is no big loss to us
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:44 pm

Gutted we're losing Can,the lads a German International player who will possibly be lauded by all when he plays in Russia. The Old Lady of football isn't soft and they can see the lad is one big move away from being the player Rummenigge proclaimed him,massive mistake letting him go.  :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:29 am

RBG, in fairness Can hasn't demonstrated any of the skills you say he'll show during the world cup whilst at LFC. To me he's a journeyman without half the skills of former players. I'd rather have Bennyoon or Dirk Kuyt any day of the week. Can all fcking haircut and little contribution. :Oo:  What psses me off is we're not going to get paid for him.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:24 am

That's why we should have given him a contract with a clause as he wanted. That way we could have sold him for something at least. I don't understand why we are going to let him go on free when we could've got something out of it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion