Dubai’s royal family in “talks” over planned takeover of LFC

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:49 pm

Last Updated: September 18, 2015, 10:05pm

Exclusive: Fenway Sports Group (FSG) are ready to cash in on a sale of Liverpool Football Club.
Winner Sports was told this week that “Talks are taking place” over a planned takeover of Liverpool FC, the most decorated club in England, by the house of Al Maktoum (Royal family of Dubai), according to sources with close connections to the Dubai royal family.

These people said advanced discussions between the club and Marwan Abedin, who is on the board of Dubai’s biggest property developer, had progressed in the past several weeks.

The investor group is backed by Dubai’s Al Maktoum royal family. One of the people familiar with the matter said Liverpool’s owners are looking to cash in after the Premier League struck a record £5bn deal with broadcasters in February 2015 for the UK rights to football’s most lucrative competition.

John W Henry now believes there is no longer a level playing field after Uefa president Michel Platini said Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations will be “eased”.

A source told Winner Sports: “Mr Henry is disillusioned and frustrated”.

It’s thought Fenway Sports Group (FSG) are seeking a deal worth more than $700m (£450million GBP) with the prospective buyers.

A source in the UAE told Winner Sports: “With a huge slump in oil prices, the people at the top are looking at other sectors like tourism. Buying a prestigious football club can help you achieve certain goals.”

Although Liverpool’s UEFA rankings show how far Liverpool have fallen in Europe under FSG’s ownership (Liverpool sit 55th in the rankings, behind the likes of Trabzonspor) American business magazine Forbes ranks the Reds as the eighth most valuable football club in the world at $1billion.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Hope not. This oil money really sucks the life out of competitive sports.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:31 pm

Who the feck are winner sports ?
I would be delighted if they sold up to someone who was willing to invest. This says it all about FSG
John W Henry now believes there is no longer a level playing field after Uefa president Michel Platini said Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations will be “eased”.

A source told Winner Sports: “Mr Henry is disillusioned and frustrated”.

This lot do not want to risk their own money and if anything its the fans of this club who have been left disillusioned and frustrated with the clubs direction under them.
I do not care where any new owners get their money from as long as they will put it in to the club and most importantly the team. Under FSG's policies all that awaits us is permanent mid table mediocrity.

There is bound to be a few moaning about oil money but bring it on I say  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:11 pm

Interesting stuff.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:35 pm

I'm not a fan of the "oil money" either, but money has already ruined the game and we're falling way behind because of it. We cant compete with Chelsea and City without it IMO unless we get a really really good manager (which is never going to happen).

Let's be honest, since we messed up with the title bid a couple of seasons ago we've been nothing short of a laughing stock to our rivals.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:36 pm

Under FSG we're not playing the same game as those we want to compete with. If new owners came in and brought us up to speed with the other big clubs then I'd be well chuffed. Hopefully they'd start by replacing Bargainbucket Rodgers with someone who knows that everyone has character if you know how to bring it out of them and that its characters that are good footballers that we need.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Last thing you want to see is new owner giving a stash of cash to brendan. If it ever did happen i'd rather a better manager is giving money to play with.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:10 pm

If someone pays through the nose they will sell as Liverpool is nothing but a financial asset to FSG.

Should this happen, and I doubt it will just now, my prayers will have been answered.

FFP is no longer an excuse and we need unlimited funds to get back amongst the elite.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:10 am

I'm interested in the survival of our club at the top table. Whilst other clubs in the UK and around europe have the ability to play top standard without heavily investing - Juve, Athletico Madrid, Arsenal etc.. we are patently unable due to mismanagement at the academy and a deplorable set of scouts and transfer assessment system.

Basis survival, I would welcome the arab money to rebuild the stadium and invest in a proper manager and first team squad.

Once we're back up and running I would welcome 'real owners' but right now we're going backwards into mid-table. It's not the yank's fault, its LFC's fault.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:22 am

Reg » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:10 am wrote:I'm interested in the survival of our club at the top table. Whilst other clubs in the UK and around europe have the ability to play top standard without heavily investing - Juve, Athletico Madrid, Arsenal etc.. we are patently unable due to mismanagement at the academy and a deplorable set of scouts and transfer assessment system.

Basis survival, I would welcome the arab money to rebuild the stadium and invest in a proper manager and first team squad.

Once we're back up and running I would welcome 'real owners' but right now we're going backwards into mid-table. It's not the yank's fault, its LFC's fault.

Sorry Mate your post makes no sense, If the problem is (and i totally agree here) due to mismanagement ,terrible scouting system ,Academy and even the fcking Doctor ,then splashing more money isn't the answer. See City's Mancini as an example...I don't think we have an issue with money ,FSG gave more then enough for us to succeed or at least compete the problem that proffesionaly we failed miserably due to a dikhead and his marry man of idiots which are running the show.. I do agree FSG needs to take responsibility  but i doubt money is the problem here.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:51 am

only me » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:22 am wrote:
Reg » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:10 am wrote:I'm interested in the survival of our club at the top table. Whilst other clubs in the UK and around europe have the ability to play top standard without heavily investing - Juve, Athletico Madrid, Arsenal etc.. we are patently unable due to mismanagement at the academy and a deplorable set of scouts and transfer assessment system.

Sorry Mate your post makes no sense, If the problem is (and i totally agree here) due to mismanagement ,terrible scouting system ,Academy and even the fcking Doctor ,then splashing more money isn't the answer. See City's Mancini as an example...I don't think we have an issue with money ,FSG gave more then enough for us to succeed or at least compete the problem that proffesionaly we failed miserably due to a dikhead and his marry man of idiots which are running the show.. I do agree FSG needs to take responsibility  but i doubt money is the problem here.

Very true. Brendan has had a rediculous amount of money. He must have something over the yanks to have gotten as many lives as he has. But the fact remains that no amount of money will attract top players to us while Brendan is in the driving seat. We'd need a top manager who's name alone will bring players in. We paid £30 odd million for Benteke yet no one else wanted him. He's not a bad players but only we would pay that for him and that's because he's the only player of that price bracket who would join us. Except for Firmini of course who was playing for Germans equivalent of Aston Villa, and no one else wanted him either. With our current set up, that's the only level we can hope for. It's time for change.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:28 am

If this was true all the other papers would be running with it by now and you'd have tweets galore from solid sources like Tony Barrett, Dom King etc.
Speaking of newspaper articles and respected journalist Simon Hughes of the independant has written a piece where he says that even if FSG got rid of Rodgers (which is very unlikely as according to Hughes both Ayre and Gordon back him) then our new boss won't be Klopp. Apparently someone who has worked with Klopp in the past has told FSG not to hire him.
Hughes also says that Pascoe felt betrayed by the decision to sack him.
Hughes is a very respected journalist and broadcaster in the UK, his forte is cricket (he was part of a team that has won Channel 4 five BAFTA awards for their cricket coverage) and when he writes about other sports people tend to listen.
I couldn't see him making this up, it looks like he has been briefed, Klopps a no goer then  :glare:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:35 am

Sunday Supplement this morning one journo said he spoke directly with an "influential" figure at LFC on friday and was told "there will be an appraisal of Rodgers situation in November" .

We could see a change come January, I wouldn't write Klopp off just yet.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:54 am

Never heard of Winner sports or these rumours before but we are supposed to be opening an academy in Dubai to support the schools, like city have done in Abu Dhabi
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:59 am

woof woof ! » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:35 am wrote:Sunday Supplement this morning one journo said he spoke directly with an "influential" figure at LFC on friday and was told "there will be an appraisal of Rodgers situation in November" .

We could see a change come January, I wouldn't write Klopp off just yet.

They may well review the managers position in November but I seriously doubt Klopp will be the new man in if they do decide to make a change, Hughes wouldn't bother writing about LFC or football for that matter unless his source was rock solid.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion