Dubai masters cup - Another trophy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Hotrod » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:56 pm

Hey Guys

Would just to draw you attention to another trophy won this season. The LFC masters squad one the Dubai Masters cup for the first time.
The squad inculded Alan Kennedy, Bob Bolder, John Wark, Mike Marsh, Mark Walters, Paul Walsh, John Durin, Mickey Thomas and Ian Rush

I was lucky enough to get courtside tickets to the game and was therefore able to meet most of these great players. Alan Kennedy was a very down to earth bloke, very nice and had time to talk to loads of fans, as did many of the other players I have not been able to meet any of the current crop of players but I alwasy imagined footballers not to have time for the ordinary fan but quite the contary all our players were kind enough to have a chat with a large number of supporters.

Sorry if this is a stupid post but was just wonderin if anyone else had any experiance with out former great I can say I was truly honered to meet then
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:01 pm

yeah, i met the legends team when they played in kuala lumpur 2 years ago, they were surprised to meet a scouser out there.

alan kennedy is a true legend and spent a long time chatting with supporters, but to be honest all the lads were good to talk with, molby was just interested in the carlsberg brewery tour that they had been organised to go on. i actually attended the press conference for them and then went to the bar where they were that night.

so your in dubai?  i spent a great night in dubai once, watched the derby on the telly in the york hotel(?) in Bur Dubai and then had a nice time with a russian lady of the night   :p
112-1077774096

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion