Crouch standing tall in actim index - -from lfc.tv

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:54 am

from lfc.tv:

CROUCH STANDING TALL IN ACTIM INDEX

Liverpool striker Peter Crouch has earned himself a place in the Actim Index Team of the Week as a result of his performance against Premiership strugglers Watford according to The Actim Index - the Official Player Ratings of the Barclays Premiership. 
Crouch scored the highest points total in the Index this week, his two goals and his performance at the weekend have pushed him up 68 places to 97th overall in the Index. Crouch is the 26th ranked striker with five goals in 20 appearances so far for The Reds. The 26 year old has also contributed this season with 24 shots on goal, 173 passes, seven successful tackles, 10 clearances and two interceptions.

There are currently five Liverpool players in the Top 50 of the Actim Index. Defender Steve Finnan is the highest ranking player, in 6th position overall and as the 2nd highest ranked defender.

Steven Gerrard and Jose Reina are placed 16th and 22nd in the Index respectively. Gerrard is the fourth highest ranked midfielder, having scored four goals, had 24 shots on target, won 57 tackles, made 556 passes, 28 interceptions and 14 clearances. Reina is the third highest ranked goalkeeper in the Premiership, and has made 96 saves in 23 appearances.

Jamie Carragher and Xabi Alonso are also included in the Top 50, ranked 28th and 37th overall respectively. Carragher is the eighth highest ranked defender, having scored one goal, made 44 successful tackles, 34 interceptions and 20 clearances. Alonso is the 11th highest ranked midfielder, with three goals, 12 shots on target, 81 successful tackles, 448 passes and 17 interceptions in 22 appearances.

The Actim Index is calculated using a unique mathematical formula that rates each player’s contribution be it goals, shots, passes, dribbles, tackles, crosses, saves, clearances, blocks, interceptions, time on the pitch or number of points gained by the team with marks deducted for red and yellow cards. Two additional calculations, which take account of player assists and goalkeeper’s clean sheets, have been added for the new season to increase the amount of variables a player is now measured by. 

---------------------
The Actim Index

Has anyone else come across this?

dunno what to make of it as it seems a bit cr@ppy seeing as we are 3rd in the league, but only have 2 players in the top 20.

but interesting to see that Mr steve finnan is our highest player.

- i suppose you could draw the conclusion that as the this indexing thing shows how individuals fair in-amongst the team - it shows that we are a team where everyone contributes to our game, and rarely does any one or two people outshine others. We are a team - not relying on one or two individuals.
Last edited by Redman in wales on Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:10 pm

he Actim Index is calculated using a unique mathematical formula that rates each player’s contribution be it goals, shots, passes, dribbles, tackles, crosses, saves, clearances, blocks, interceptions, time on the pitch or number of points gained by the team with marks deducted for red and yellow cards. Two additional calculations, which take account of player assists and goalkeeper’s clean sheets, have been added for the new season to increase the amount of variables a player is now measured by. 

It's a valiant and detailed, yet unaccurate and ineffective way to measure players.

I'm fed up in Spanish forums of reading guys that play too much Football manager and argue with numbers. Football is much more complicated than that.

Amount of passes? well there are good and bad basses, it's not the same to change the orientation of the game or to back pass to the keeper.

Amount of dribbles? well, dribling is important but to know how to dribble as well, sometimes a sucessful dribble produces nothing and you'd better pass to a mate rather than dribble.

Shots? Well, not all the shots are the same and not all of them are good efforts.

Finnan being in the best players, can be perfectly because the kind of oposition we had against Watford and that we charged the game a lot in the right (we're doing that as of late). Don't get me wrong I like Finnan a lot, my point is that this cold analysis of numbers will never grasp the essence of football.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:32 pm

Sabre wrote:
he Actim Index is calculated using a unique mathematical formula that rates each player’s contribution be it goals, shots, passes, dribbles, tackles, crosses, saves, clearances, blocks, interceptions, time on the pitch or number of points gained by the team with marks deducted for red and yellow cards. Two additional calculations, which take account of player assists and goalkeeper’s clean sheets, have been added for the new season to increase the amount of variables a player is now measured by. 

It's a valiant and detailed, yet unaccurate and ineffective way to measure players.

I'm fed up in Spanish forums of reading guys that play too much Football manager and argue with numbers. Football is much more complicated than that.

Amount of passes? well there are good and bad basses, it's not the same to change the orientation of the game or to back pass to the keeper.

Amount of dribbles? well, dribling is important but to know how to dribble as well, sometimes a sucessful dribble produces nothing and you'd better pass to a mate rather than dribble.

Shots? Well, not all the shots are the same and not all of them are good efforts.

Finnan being in the best players, can be perfectly because the kind of oposition we had against Watford and that we charged the game a lot in the right (we're doing that as of late). Don't get me wrong I like Finnan a lot, my point is that this cold analysis of numbers will never grasp the essence of football.

True it maybe of what you said Sabre, I dont bother with these stat things most of the time.

But it does confirm what the naked eye sees.
66-1112520797

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:53 pm

Ther are lies, damn lies and statistics.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:13 pm

stats can be turned to anyones advantage, distance run... who cares if a striker only runs 10 yards a game if he scores 30 a year,
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:22 pm

redmikey wrote:stats can be turned to anyones advantage, distance run... who cares if a striker only runs 10 yards a game if he scores 30 a year,

I think thats the knida striker we could do with.
66-1112520797

Postby Marianne » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:34 pm

does neone rate our strikers?
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:38 pm

Marianne wrote:does neone rate our strikers?

come again?
66-1112520797

Postby Marianne » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:10 pm

does neone think theyr ne good?
or are they bad signings
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:29 am

Marianne wrote:does neone think theyr ne good?
or are they bad signings

come again?
66-1112520797

Postby Marianne » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:20 pm

does anyone think our strikers are up to scoring loads to keep us up there in the table, or d'ya reckon we shud invest in more, say more established ones-dunno if bellamy is cutting it
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby 66-1169804304 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:14 am

crouch is the most under-rated player in the world, people talk about rooney (which is fair enough as he's a fabulous footballer) and johnson (which is baffling as he's basically a very average striker) but crouch is the second best striker in england after an injury free micheal owen. On reflection, it might be Michael rather than micheal.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1169804304

Postby Balloonless » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:16 am

Ballache wrote:crouch is the most under-rated player in the world, people talk about rooney and johnson but crouch is the second best striker in england after an injury free micheal owen.

How the fu ck Crouch ever got signed as a pro footballer, I will never know.

He is fu cking awful.
Balloonless

Postby 66-1169804304 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:19 am

Balloonless wrote:
Ballache wrote:crouch is the most under-rated player in the world, people talk about rooney and johnson but crouch is the second best striker in england after an injury free micheal owen.

He is fu cking awful.

i bet you are one of the people who think rooney is better than crouch, well he is not!!!! :angry:
66-1169804304

Postby Balloonless » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:20 am

Ballache wrote:
Balloonless wrote:

He is fu cking awful.

i bet you are one of the people who think rooney is better than crouch, well he is not!!!! :angry:

No, rooney is :censored: and past it...

Bellamy>>> Rooney
Balloonless

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion