Could we go down? - Are we gonna fight relegation?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:12 pm

My fear is that the league is strong, there are no 'easy games' .. we know that.

In the form we are in, we could easily get stuck in a relegation fight, adrift from safety .. and then ?

-We are not playing well,
-the players don't look motivated
-key players are struggling with injury and are not playing well
-we don't have strength in depth
- our manager is devoid of tactics and ideas and is displaying dellusional tendencies

In short - no scare mongerring here.. we are 2nd from bottom, playing bad and our form is consistently poor..

Are we too good to go down?
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:15 pm

No, with the players we have, and new owners not in a million years. We won't have the best of seasons, we might get a new manager who is good enough and keep our key players for another year. We will improve in the future, I'm confident. We are only in a transitional phase, its a matter of time
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liambaitup21 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:16 pm

zarababe wrote:My fear is that the league is strong, there are no 'easy games' .. we know that.

In the form we are in, we could easily get stuck in a relegation fight, adrift from safety .. and then ?

-We are not playing well,
-the players don't look motivated
-key players are struggling with injury and are not playing well
-we don't have strength in depth
- our manager is devoid of tactics and ideas and is displaying dellusional tendencies

In short - no scare mongerring here.. we are 2nd from bottom, playing bad and our form is consistently poor..

Are we too good to go down?

Go down are you having a laugh were 8 games into the season and we havent got things riht yet.
There are alot worse teams in the league then us and we have the quality to keep us up with out a doubt.
I actually cant belive this is a topic about liverpool

Go down . . . . . . NO CHANCE!!!
Robbie Fowler a True GOD!!!
liambaitup21

Postby zarababe » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:20 pm

A quarter of the season nearly gone...

worse teams than us may be.. but our form is not good and I can't see where we are gonna improve..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:26 pm

No way we'll go down.
Zidane

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:27 pm

zarababe wrote:A quarter of the season nearly gone...

worse teams than us may be.. but our form is not good and I can't see where we are gonna improve..

Hmm, it all depends on how the players react, usually we have a really strong 2nd half of the season. I do think we will turn things around, and judging by the league table if we put in another 9 - 10 points in the next 4 games we will back into the mix. Its funny how Everton jumped from being 17th to 11th today, so it will be interesting if we can do the same and go up the table.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:28 pm

no
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:31 pm

no chance.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:32 pm

Definately yes IMHO. If we continue to play as we are, we will go down IMHO. Torres's form and demeanour are hugely worrying, and playing with one striker who is contributing absolutely zip is a recipe for disaster.

Previously when Torres has been injured we've had to play somebody else, at least then you've got somebody putting a shift in and breaking sweat. Right now it's a lose lose with Torres going through games like he is.

I don't think we will go down, but we definately could yes.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:33 pm

People said Newcastle and Leeds were too big and good to go down . Even in 70s when mancs went down . Yes we could go down and unless something changes we will go down .
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:34 pm

I don't think we will go down. Our squad is too good for that. Im sure we will bring in some decent players in the Jan transfer window. We need to change the way to set up though, stop sitting back and stop setting up so negative. People thought Rafa was too conservative, this is going even further. 

If it isn't glaringly obvious to Roy his tactics are not working then he needs to walk so we can get someone else in who does know how to get the best out of this squad. Chelsea is coming up so we need to get 6 points from the next 2 games, not 2 points, not 4 points, 6 points. I think if we don't beat Blackburn and Bolton then Roy should be made to walk.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:36 pm

I don't think we were negative today Bav, I actually quite liked the set up. Where we went wrong was that we were totally out-battled by a team which wanted it more. Yes that's the managers fault, but today the problem wasn't one of negativity IMHO, we got more people forward more often than in any game I've seen so far thsi season.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:37 pm

We wont go down. Perhaps if Hicks had managed to win last week and then he hit the buffers and had to sell one or two big names in January it would have been a real possibility, but at least that nightmare scenario is out of the way.

The new owners might be wet behind the years but they wont let things get as bad as that and if we are still in the bottom five come December Roy will be gone. Also, we will have more to spend in January than any other team in the bottom half, so relegation is really unthinkable.

Still, I could see Roy getting us no higher than 14th or 15th at the end of the season and that would be absolutely shocking.

Even a new manager coming in will have a difficult time between now and January at the least, but should be able to do better than what Roy is doing now, and its best that a new man has control over transfers.

I dont see relegation as a real danger, but we should be challenging for Europe, not keeping our heads above water.
Last edited by JBG on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:38 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:People said Newcastle and Leeds were too big and good to go down . Even in 70s when mancs went down . Yes we could go down and unless something changes we will go down .

Eh? we are bigger than Leeds and Newcastle
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:41 pm

metalhead wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:People said Newcastle and Leeds were too big and good to go down . Even in 70s when mancs went down . Yes we could go down and unless something changes we will go down .

Eh? we are bigger than Leeds and Newcastle

Please both of those were in a financial tailspin......oh wait.  :p

Thank :censored: H&G are gone.  :buttrock
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion