Come on people now, smile on your brother - Cups half full

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:00 pm

ok
im as pi$$ed as u at the game... but look on the bright side. we completely outplayed the supposed best team in the country (not to mention we bet the gooners recently as well)
We have sold heskey and owen, whilst cisse and baros are injured. thats the first 4 strikers all missing!!!
Alonso broke his ankle so we missed him as well

(wheres the bright side? ???)

traore was showboat king.
Hamman prooved his love of the game and of liverpool is stroger than ever.
Carragher almost scored goal of the season.
We were cheated and deserved to win (even mourinho said we shouldhave drawn)
The whole country know we have been mugged.
We WILL get 4th spot minimum.
We played as a team, sami provided some class 60 yard balls and everyone got stuck in (nice one stevie g)
Jamie C provided best moment this season with his rant at riley.

So yes, im not a happy bunny, but looking at it from a different point of view im happier than ever to be a fan of the best football team in the world, with the best supporters and
i know it will all work out
Lets cheer on the boys like never before!!!

YNWA!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:18 pm

dawson99 wrote:ok
im as pi$$ed as u at the game... but look on the bright side. we completely outplayed the supposed best team in the country (not to mention we bet the gooners recently as well)
We have sold heskey and owen, whilst cisse and baros are injured. thats the first 4 strikers all missing!!!

We played as a team, sami provided some class 60 yard balls and everyone got stuck in (nice one stevie g)

So yes, im not a happy bunny, but looking at it from a different point of view im happier than ever to be a fan of the best football team in the world, with the best supporters and

YNWA!!!

Well said dawson.

Gutted about today, but most people lose to Chelsea...draw a line under it, it's gone...move on...

First thing's first - write off the top 3, forget them...we CAN compete with them long term, but not with the injuries we've had this year....it's simply impossible. So forget them, don't worry about them, their time will come...

The good news...

As i've been saying ALL ALONG, one bad result for Everton will see their character tested and the collapse has begun...they also play Boro away on 16th January and then Chelsea in Feb, followed by Villa away...we'll overtake them fairly soon...

Having lost to Manure today, Boro are now away at Chelsea then home to Everton...we'll benefit from that run of games. They also have a tricky trip to Pompey at the start of Feb...more potential for points being dropped.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the key is our own form.

Everton and Boro WILL drop plenty of points.

If we want 4th place, it's there for the taking.

Ultimately, it's not good enough long term, but under the circumstances, it'll do as a means of consolidation.

You cannot legislate for the injuries we've had.

Combine them with the fact that Rafa's still shaping his side, and you have to say 4th place will 'do' for this season.

And we'll get it. Forget Chelsea today, forget Riley...moaning about referees isnt what we should do. Take a leaf out of Rafa's book - forget the refs and concentrate our US and OUR games. Starting with Norwich on Monday.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Hamza » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:37 pm

Very right i really think we are just a few great signings away from the title
Hamza

Postby liamac » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:46 pm

Your right dawson,  weve had a real run of bad luck these past few months and yet we are still up there .What other teams could of coped with the amount of injuries we have sustained to our first team and still  been in the reckoning for a top 4 spot ?

The way Raffa has turned the team around, the self belief  filling the squad ,   playing attractive attacking  1 touch football like we allways used to .
Raffa getting  performances out of players we all thought  could never be able to play as good as that , making the players believe in them selves  which lets face it Houllier simply couldnt do .

We were robbed today  , and  the look on the chelski players said it all for me ........sheer bloody relief . They knew along with everyone else that  it should at  the least have been a draw. Credit to Mourinhio ,at least he was man enough to admit  the result didnt reflect the game , couldnt see Fegie or Wenger saying that.

Yes we have a lot of injuries and its a transition phase for us  this season  as Raffa makes the changes he feels  the team needs , some may not agree with everything he has done  ( me personally seeing Dio making the line up) .

To be honest , from a personal point of view  i will be happy with a 4th or 3rd spot  this season , because of the amount of injuries , smaller squad, transition  etc that we have had to deal with . I honestly feel that next season we will really see the full potential  of Raffas  revolution , so as you say Dawson ,the  cup is half full not half  empty:)
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:06 pm

dawson99 wrote:ok

YNWA!!!

To me it seems the same old story, we dominate games and come away with nothing, to be honest its been happening since 1994 :angry:
82-1074641017

Postby liamac » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:12 pm

Point taken Robrts , but ask yourself  this , when was the last time we had a Manager as good as Raffa...........years ago  not since King Kenny ( who remember , took over an established team ) , just look at waht he did with Valencia  with the resources he had there ( a lot less than here ) and how he turned that team around. Like dawson  said , we have been racked by injuries yet we are still there.
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:09 am

under houllier we never kept the ball long enough to dominate games. i`m with dawson on this one. in the short term its a bad result but i sense the begining of something at anfield.
under houllier we did have some good results against the top sides but we basically nicked a goal and hung on for dear life.
now were taking them on toe to toe, and were doing okay.
chelsea will leave here with three points but liverpool leave with a lot of respect.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:22 am

i'm expecting 4th in the league....but i'm hopeful of a cup run in the Champions league.. :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:23 am

With more players comming this month we will turn good peformances into wins. Today we needed someone like Morientes or Anelka, and we even missed Baros on few occasions
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:26 am

agree dawson...but I'm fuming..feel defiled..Lampard bast*rd..
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:28 am

7_Kewell wrote:i'm expecting 4th in the league....but i'm hopeful of a cup run in the Champions league.. :;):

Easy solution , WIN the CL and who gives a flying F*** where we finish  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:38 am

Seriously though ,a  LOT to draw encouragement from after today's game.....

1. We outplayed the Prem leaders who had a full strength side out there today with the possible exception of the centre back pairing. We played with NO strikers, NO alonso for 2/3rds of the match when in the first 1/3 he was dominating midfield.

2. We were robbed of a penalty by "No Spine" Riley who motioned to whistle for one , took a look at the league table and thought better of it ???

3. We created a lot of chances and with more established Forwards would have won by several goals.

4. In Gerard we have twice the player Lampard is or will ever be.

5. This season has been littered with injuries but Benitez hasn't once used it as an excuse but got the players he has available playing entertaining and exciting football scoring more goals than anyone in the Prem except Chelsea and Arsenal.

6. We are 2 games from the final of the first domestic Cup Final of the Season and have nothing to fear in the final against Utd or Chelsea judging from the way they played today.

7. We are 2 games from the last 8 of the CL

8. We are Liverpool Football Club and despite today's result and whatever happens this season in terms of the title are STILL the most successful side in the history of the game.

9. When Baros, Ciisse, Alonso, Kewell, Kirkland and the rest return it will make for a formidable starting 11.

Walk On ........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:45 am

:D agree ..I feel a lot better..I still think Lampard is a bast*rd cheat and will get is comeuppance,one day.
      Riley...nothing needs to be said about that coward.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:45 am

With the Transfer window we will be able to buy quality players. We certainly need a striker such as Morientes or Anelka. We need a quality defender and a good winger. Apart from that I think we have good enough players to challenge the top three spots for next season. Rafa said that second part of the season will be better and it will be.

Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong and we're still alive. We didn't crash when Gerrard was injured and we won't crash and burn without Alonso. Under Houllier we could never outplay Chelsea or Arsenal and Benitez has shown what can be done with a good manager and mentality. There are plenty of things to look forward to, starting with the game on Monday.

Baros is expected to be fit by Monday and we should be able to win, however it won't be a walk in the park. Norwich are a poor side but they are a tough nut to crack at home, they've become experts at drawing against top sides therefore we need to take the chances we create.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:49 am

supersub wrote: :D agree ..I feel a lot better..I still think Lampard is a bast*rd cheat and will get is comeuppance,one day.
      Riley...nothing needs to be said about that coward.

What REALLY makes me Angry is that had this game been played at Old Trafford and Riley was in charge you can bet your house he would have awarded a penalty  ???

Had to smile though at Carragher mimicking Riley with the whistle to his mouth , Carra's one of us. I could sense his frustration at yet another injustice this season.

We have had NO luck this season, if LFC fell into a barrel of T.I.T.S they would no doubt come up sucking their thumbs   :Oo:

Congrats on number 4 SS  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion