Come on people now, smile on your brother - Cups half full

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:09 am

if we can come out tomorrow with a win, it just shows how much composure we have. After a loss like that and put it behind us, and come out with a win. It will show that we have greatly matured as a group. Everyone was working together as a team today.What would you rather have, one man win us one game or the whole team playing to win 6 games. This has shown that rafas plans are certainly setting in for the future. As the transfer window has opened, we shall find more pieces of the puzzle will fall into place. We wont be seeing any 1-Dimensional players coming in either. Today was the true test if you are a red, and the team passed with flying colours. This only shows that we are truely ready to take on the top three next season. I doubt Gerrard is going anywhere after the play of the team today.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:20 am

Dalglish wrote:
supersub wrote::D agree ..I feel a lot better..I still think Lampard is a bast*rd cheat and will get is comeuppance,one day.
      Riley...nothing needs to be said about that coward.

What REALLY makes me Angry is that had this game been played at Old Trafford and Riley was in charge you can bet your house he would have awarded a penalty  ???

Had to smile though at Carragher mimicking Riley with the whistle to his mouth , Carra's one of us. I could sense his frustration at yet another injustice this season.

We have had NO luck this season, if LFC fell into a barrel of T.I.T.S they would no doubt come up sucking their thumbs   :Oo:

Congrats on number 4 SS  :D

agree...I was quite up-lifted by the lads,today.Outclassed Chelsh*t for long periods..half-time came at the wrong time...the crowd were up,the players were fired up and chelsh*t were on the rack..2nd half started slow but they were no threat...still I'm positive for the future..Why would Gerrard want to join that shower for anything but money..the future's RED without a doubt! 

No. 4.. cheers..
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:26 am

the cup is more than half full and our team is beginning to show real signs of promise. if it wasn't for the crazy run of injuries (and bad refereeing) we would be challenging for 2nd or 3rd by now. there's a sense of belief apparent in the team - most of the time - and i sense that feeling a lot on this forum too.

by this time next year i believe we will have firmly established our rep as one of the proper top clubs again.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:33 am

"Belief" is the key word here. When you analyse the players at the top in the prwm it's as much about belief and confidence than many other things and Benitez has instiled this into his players.

Hamann was superb today not because he is quicker or more skilful than his counterparts but because he has belief in his ability to compete.

Gerard wasn't up to his extraordinary high standards today but proved he is twice the player Lampard will ever be.

The ONLY player who impressed me for Chelsea was Gallas who was brilliant at Centre Back
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:47 am

Hamann showed his briliance today. I still don't understand why he is underrated, he's been protecting our back four solidly week in and week out. Superb player.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:50 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:if we can come out tomorrow with a win, it just shows how much composure we have. After a loss like that and put it behind us, and come out with a win. It will show that we have greatly matured as a group. Everyone was working together as a team today.What would you rather have, one man win us one game or the whole team playing to win 6 games. This has shown that rafas plans are certainly setting in for the future. As the transfer window has opened, we shall find more pieces of the puzzle will fall into place. We wont be seeing any 1-Dimensional players coming in either. Today was the true test if you are a red, and the team passed with flying colours. This only shows that we are truely ready to take on the top three next season. I doubt Gerrard is going anywhere after the play of the team today.

Absolutely perfect  :laugh:
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:54 am

We don't play tomorrow but apart from that well said.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:57 am

A.B. wrote:We don't play tomorrow but apart from that well said.

We do if it's England he is posting from  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:58 am

I'm pretty sure he's posting from Canada :D and its still Saturday.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:04 am

:laugh: But he might be a Canadian in exile :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:05 am

sorry i meant monday, and its still saturday here. AB you said the game against Olympiacos was the turning point of the season, which showed how far we have came. I believe that today's game was that point in our season.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:06 am

Dalglish wrote: :laugh: But he might be a Canadian in exile :D

wtf? exile  :laugh:  :laugh: lol where did that come from  :D
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:09 am

Well Canada's a big place but there aren;t many people living there which leads me to summise that you might have fled the country like millions of other Canadians LOL:P
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:20 am

Dalglish wrote:Well Canada's a big place but there aren;t many people living there which leads me to summise that you might have fled the country like millions of other Canadians LOL:P

:D lol dalglish
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:19 am

Dalglish wrote:"Belief" is the key word here. When you analyse the players at the top in the prwm it's as much about belief and confidence than many other things and Benitez has instiled this into his players.

Hamann was superb today not because he is quicker or more skilful than his counterparts but because he has belief in his ability to compete.

Gerard wasn't up to his extraordinary high standards today but proved he is twice the player Lampard will ever be.

The ONLY player who impressed me for Chelsea was Gallas who was brilliant at Centre Back

You have to give Joe Cole credit for making the most of his oppurtunities because they have ben few and far between.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion