Cisse impresses on ligue 1 return

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby neil » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:56 am

ah remember 'back in the day' when we were waiting for his arrival. Super quick £14 million pound french international striker. Sometimes football just jumps up and kicks you in the nads doesn't it.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:08 pm

i think cisse gets WAY too much stick...

he was our top scorer last season and even that was playing a bit-part off the bench. the ONLY reason he flopped at lfc is because he doesn't get on with rafa. nothing to do with his talents (or lack of) as a footballer.

i really dont understand one thing, which i hope you lot could explain to me... when he was here at liverpool, warming up about to come off the bench, he always used to get a standing ovation and the crowd would chant his name - all he was doing was warming up! i sometimes got the impression that rafa was forced into fielding him because of the chants from the crowd. during this time, he never got much stick on this board and everyone was behind him 'coz he's a liverpool player'

...so why is it, all of a sudden he's getting gunned and you people talk about him as if he only ever had 1 arm and completely hopeless.

his scoring record in france is on a par with dirk kuyt's in holland. he scored 19 goals last season coming off the bench to play on the right wing the majority of the time!!

...last season he scored 8 goals in 14 appearances in that mickey mouse competition... emm, wats it called again... oh yeh, the champions' league... oh and let's minus his goal in the fa cup final too??

...face facts, is he came back to liverpool next season, you'd all love him again simply because he scares the sh1t outta defenders and scores GOALS. he got on well with everyone in the dressing room and wasnt given a fair chance. and please shut up about doubting his commitment. he loved this club and felt (rightly so) that he was being forced out (just as robbie was by houllier), and thats why he went public.

lay off him  :upside:
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby puroresu » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:44 pm

PabloAimar wrote:i think cisse gets WAY too much stick...

he was our top scorer last season and even that was playing a bit-part off the bench. the ONLY reason he flopped at lfc is because he doesn't get on with rafa. nothing to do with his talents (or lack of) as a footballer.

i really dont understand one thing, which i hope you lot could explain to me... when he was here at liverpool, warming up about to come off the bench, he always used to get a standing ovation and the crowd would chant his name - all he was doing was warming up! i sometimes got the impression that rafa was forced into fielding him because of the chants from the crowd. during this time, he never got much stick on this board and everyone was behind him 'coz he's a liverpool player'

...so why is it, all of a sudden he's getting gunned and you people talk about him as if he only ever had 1 arm and completely hopeless.

his scoring record in france is on a par with dirk kuyt's in holland. he scored 19 goals last season coming off the bench to play on the right wing the majority of the time!!

...last season he scored 8 goals in 14 appearances in that mickey mouse competition... emm, wats it called again... oh yeh, the champions' league... oh and let's minus his goal in the fa cup final too??

...face facts, is he came back to liverpool next season, you'd all love him again simply because he scares the sh1t outta defenders and scores GOALS. he got on well with everyone in the dressing room and wasnt given a fair chance. and please shut up about doubting his commitment. he loved this club and felt (rightly so) that he was being forced out (just as robbie was by houllier), and thats why he went public.

Marseille will play to his strengths to get the best out of Cisse.  They know how to utilize his skills and he will do very well.   Very tough mentally.  2 serious breaks but comes back and seems to me to be as quick as ever.  The OM will benefit hugely with Cisse in the side.
puroresu

Postby welsh wizzard » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:14 pm

PabloAimar wrote:i think cisse gets WAY too much stick...

Come on Cisse is back where he belongs!! In a League where he was playing well in the first place. Its right up his street. But we all know the premiership and his ability to play in the fastest and most physical league in the world was just too much for him.

Difference between Kuite and Cisse in there respected countries. Yeah they scored same number of goals!!
But Kuite is a much harder worker for the team, has a much better attitude, and cost 5m less.

Bellamy 6m.

Cisse    14m.

Come on i know which is the better player and for less than half the price.

Cisse first touch was terrible!! His runs were terrible!!

Hopefully we will get back around 8m for him. He will do well in France. But i wish he stayed there in the first place.

That way we would never have wasted a healthy 14m.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:31 pm

Think we should remember that Houllier signed Cisse , if houllier had still been at Liverpool when Cisse finally arrived we may very well have seen an infinitely better Cisse . He certainly wasn't the hardest worker in the squad but then you shouldn't ask a race horse to pull a coal wagon .We never got the best from or out of Cisse , pity .

Hopefully we can get a decent price for him although I have a sneaking suspicion he's gonna end up walking on a free after his contract is allowed to run down 

:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:36 pm

after reading gerrard's book, i cant help feel that cisse could have torn up the premiership had things off the field gone differently for him.

he was quick and had a mean shot - 'a powerful striker' as stevie describes him.

the reason i took note of these comments is that in the book, gerrard doesnt hold back in making his opinion clear about other players at the club such as biscan, diao, etc. when it came to cisse, the lad had moved to marseille when stevie wrote the book so there was no reason for gerrard to remain 'civil' if he really felt the player is boll0cks.

...cisse was regarded as a quality player in the dressing room and often lit up training sessions with his overhead kicks. for whatever reason, rafa didnt need his and he wouldnt sit well in rafa's system. cisse was bombed out and made to look sh1t - what better way than the classic 'play the striker on the wing'
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:10 am

PabloAimar wrote:after reading gerrard's book, i cant help feel that cisse could have torn up the premiership had things off the field gone differently for him.

But Gerrard hardly sings his praises either

Quote- Danny murphy; 'you should have seen Cisse in training today, unbelievable, never seen anything like it, he scored this spectacular overhead kick'. Gerrard; 'when iraced back in to Melwood, the players were still banging on about Cisse's goal. Excitement was in the air, and i breathed it in deeply, big lungfuls of optimism. 'I'm up for this season i thought. then i watched Cisse in training. Problem. Cisse is a decent finisher, but more of a powerful striker than a poacher. He is nowhere near as prolific as Michael'.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:12 am

PabloAimar wrote:...so why is it, all of a sudden he's getting gunned and you people talk about him as if he only ever had 1 arm and completely hopeless.

Are you kidding!? Cisse took a shed load of stick on this board over the course of last season. It got to the point where everyone was bored of talking of arguing about him.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DonnieDarko » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:21 am

i think cisse gets WAY too much stick...

lay off him   

God forgive me: I would rather see Cisse dead than back in a Liverpool uniform.

He is the antithesis of the player we need at Liverpool...which is why he is out on his :censored:.

Dirk Kuyt and Craigers are far superior strikers. Crouch is only marginally better than Cisse because of his work rate and his "defensive qualities" as a striker.

But I won't argue on why Cisse was so detrimental to the team because the topic has been beat to death.
DonnieDarko

Postby puroresu » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:25 pm

Sven Goran Eriksson has reportedly held talks with Djibril Cisse about his plans for the future.

Eriksson was rumoured to have been thrown out of Marseille's training complex earlier in the week as he tried to contact Franck Ribery.

However, he is still tipped to become the club's new manager, and reports in the French press suggest he has already told Cisse he will take charge.

Cisse is currently on a season-long loan from Liverpool and Eriksson is eager to find out if he wants to stay at Marseille.

Eriksson is only likely to take the reins at Marseille if Canadian businessman Jack Kachkar becomes the club's new owner.

But majority shareholder Robert-Louis Dreyfus is believed to want €100million (£70million) to sell Marseille.
puroresu

Postby puroresu » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:19 am

http://www.eurosport.fr/football/mc_vid32274.shtml

From the Dubai cup.  Marseille v Bayern.

Cisse scores - good finish
puroresu

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion