The champions league draw hard for us

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:30 pm

Does anyone have a fu**in clue how these rankings work, were rated a better team than juve,inter and roma, monaco are 21st with panathinikos above them in 16th one place below chelsea....the whole things mad and were are the Shrek chasin geordies....oh yeah if forgot there in the uefa cup!!!!  Tuesday were sh!te, Thursday we can win the european cup....dont ye just love football!!!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:32 pm

i think the rankings are based on performances since the champions league started i.e. stopped being the european cup.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maximus » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:45 pm

stmichael wrote:i think the rankings are based on performances since the champions league started i.e. stopped being the european cup.

Guys, good site if you are interested on how the rankings work.

Uefa Rankings

interestingly enough part of the calculation is based on the countries ranking i.e. in this case Englands 'coefficient' which is based on all teams in that country participating in Europes ranking.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:49 pm

Just realised the scum will either have one of the 4 italian teams, lyon or panathinikos in there group and what are the odds that they get panathinikos.....in fact i bet this is the group they get
SCUM
panathinikos
anderlecht
Tel Aviv......only 10 min to go!
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:21 pm

Need to avoid Group G so far Valencia and inter
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby ckay » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:23 pm

We have Deportiva so far

Now add monaco
Last edited by ckay on Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:24 pm

Chelsea get Porto!!! nice!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Brock » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:28 pm

BROCK says that no group in the champons league will be easy
BrOcK
Brock

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:49 pm

Shanti wrote:Bruno Zidane
but shanti we have to dream.....greece european champs,porto european champs,arsenals 43 game unbeaten run and most notably LFC treble winnin triumph of 2001, these all started out as dreams but they were all turned into reality becos dreams do come true, im not sayin that were gonna win it, im just sayin we have as good a chance as anyone after some of the the strange things that have happened over the last couple of years.......also the draws at 3 and im predicting we get, barcelona,celtic and rosenberg.....that would be a great group!!!

those were begun with dreams, but then continued with hard work and other processes.
We have a good chance, that's true, but there are also teams with better chance and best chance.

May our dream comes true

WTF ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:50 pm

Brock wrote:BROCK says that no group in the champons league will be easy

FREAK
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:09 pm

This will be good. It's an old fashioned, blood and guts football, group of death dogfight. And I believe that we will arise victorious from it's ashes. Here's why;

Deportivo are a good team but I would put them on par with charlton or Villa. Their drive is stifled with insecurity. Their two flagship players of old are Kovacevic and Naybet. One's old and redundant and the other's gone to tottenham. Chances are they will collapse after agoal is put in against them. Plus, Rafa will know all their tactics and he will know exactly how to beat them.

Olympiacos have a point to prove in greece and a new standard set by their national team to live up to. And I think they know that this is impossible. They cannot attract players, they know very little other than 4 4 2 and their resorces are sparce to say the least.

Monacco are major concern. They are led well by deschamps and will have a taste for blood after their last european campaign. But they have lost two of their most important players from last season as Morientes has returned to Madrid and Rothen has gone to PSG. The only danger I see in them is the hoodoo that french teams seem to have over liverpool in europe.

Plus, have we already forgotten the admiral at the helm of this red spanish armarda. Rafa knows his stuff and having won the uefa last time round he can draw on this knowledge. It also means that we are in safe hands should come.

But I firmly believe that we can climb out of this group unscathed. we will be victorious... and then we'll get Real Madrid in the next round.

Well you never know, miracles have happened and worst things happen at see.

Viva los revolution!!! :)
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:13 pm

Champions League group draw:

GROUP A
Deportivo La Coruna (Spain)
Liverpool (England)
Monaco (France)
Olympiakos (Greece)

GROUP B
Real Madrid (Spain)
AS Roma (Italy)
Bayer Leverkusen (Germany)
Dynamo Kiev (Ukraine)

GROUP C
Bayern Munich (Germany)
Juventus (Italy)
Ajax Amsterdam (Holland)
Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel)

GROUP D
Manchester United (England)
Olympique Lyon (France)
Sparta Prague (Czech Republic)
Fenerbahce (Turkey)

GROUP E
Arsenal (England)
Panathinaikos (Greece)
PSV Eindhoven (Holland)
Rosenborg Trondheim (Norway)

GROUP F
Barcelona (Spain)
AC Milan (Italy)
Celtic (Scotland)
Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine)

GROUP G
Valencia (Spain)
Inter Milan (Italy)
Anderlecht (Belgium)
Werder Bremen (Germany)

GROUP H
Porto (Portugal)
Chelsea (England)
Paris St Germain (France)
CSKA Moscow (Russia)
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:23 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:This will be good. It's an old fashioned, blood and guts football, group of death dogfight. And I believe that we will arise victorious from it's ashes. Here's why;

Deportivo are a good team but I would put them on par with charlton or Villa. Their drive is stifled with insecurity. Their two flagship players of old are Kovacevic and Naybet. One's old and redundant and the other's gone to tottenham. Chances are they will collapse after agoal is put in against them. Plus, Rafa will know all their tactics and he will know exactly how to beat them.

Olympiacos have a point to prove in greece and a new standard set by their national team to live up to. And I think they know that this is impossible. They cannot attract players, they know very little other than 4 4 2 and their resorces are sparce to say the least.

Monacco are major concern. They are led well by deschamps and will have a taste for blood after their last european campaign. But they have lost two of their most important players from last season as Morientes has returned to Madrid and Rothen has gone to PSG. The only danger I see in them is the hoodoo that french teams seem to have over liverpool in europe.

Plus, have we already forgotten the admiral at the helm of this red spanish armarda. Rafa knows his stuff and having won the uefa last time round he can draw on this knowledge. It also means that we are in safe hands should come.

But I firmly believe that we can climb out of this group unscathed. we will be victorious... and then we'll get Real Madrid in the next round.

Well you never know, miracles have happened and worst things happen at see.

Viva los revolution!!! :)

The ace, dont you know anythink about football.....youve just compared a side with villa and charlton who came from 3 goals down against the reigning champions ac milan and beat them at home 4-0 to progress to the semis until getting knocked out by the eventual winners porto.....Talk sense fella.
Unless you seriously think villa could beat ac milan and could finish in the top 3 of the prem this season???
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:28 pm

ah yes! Last season. Last season was a bit different. As I said, They have lost Naybet and Kovacevic (practically), Rafa knows them well, Last season I couldn't see us finishing fourth but we still beat United and Chelsea.

They know they're on borrowed time and I'm pretty sure Rafa knows too. Nothing to worry about. I'll stake my reputation on it.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:31 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:I'll stake my reputation on it.

Not being funny ace but after only 24 posts, you don't have a reputaion!! ???
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion