Can well all just calm down!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:43 pm

Look, this is pathetic....

As long suffering Liverpool fans, many of us get far too depressed without looking at the bigger picture.

This is a TRANSITIONAL season for us.....

We have suffered SO BADLY from injuries, to such quality, vital players. We have a new manager who is doing good work and has brought in 2 world class players (el Moro and Alonso ) and 1 potentially excellent player in Garcia....

Players like Alonso and Cisse would have made a BIG difference for us had they been available to us yesterday for example....Even Garcia's abscence was noticed yesterday I feel in the creative sense....

We must all look forward to next season and trust that Rafa will sort things out and get rid of the rubbish that Houllier created over so many years....

Houllier was so terrible....Looking at the squad he left just shows what rubbish he created in his long spell....

I don't think any manager in the world can do much better....How can any manager make Hypia faster? or make Traore less dumb? or make Biscan a world beater?

No one can, and this is the urbbish rafa has to deal with....

Lord knows how Houllier was allowed to squander so much money on such pathetic ******....

The way Benitez HAS NOT complained about ANYTHING is AMAZING!!

NOW LETS ALL BE POSITIVE!! OKAY??!!
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:54 pm

well lets put it this way , if we dont come 4th we will be so short of money next year that will not be able to afford any good players and will will have rto take any take over offers that come our way.
so no its not a TRANSITIONAL season its a critical one , and one that could have a long tearm afect
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:12 pm

Unfortunatley Lakes the main reason for all of this  has been the crippling injury list  . When the physio states its the worst in over 25 years i think that tells us all just how bad its been.
In the few games that Alonso and SG played together as a midield pair they played well together .We have really missed Alonso these last few games and it  really shows in the style and creative approach to each game  since he has been injured .
If  Alonso had not been injured  along with Cisse Kewell etc  then the team would have been far more consistent. Raffa has had to patch and make do with what he has had available.
Ordinarily  Biscan wouldnt have even got on the bench but because of all the injuries Raffa has had to play him , or at least he feels he has had to play him ( could of used Walsh etc ) .
I cant remember a time when the team has had so many inuries , come to that any other team . Like people have said on other threads,  most teams would have been on there knees with the injury list we have , and yet we are still 5th with still a good possibilty of getting that 4th spot.
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:24 pm

true  I have never known a injury list like it and we have had nothing but bad luck, saying that is it bad luck or is it somthing that we are doing , broken bones are just bad luck but as for the rest sre we warming up right or traing to much or to less, could it be that some of our players are not going into games fully committed and thats why they are getting hurt... i dont know but it better get better soon or we could end up 6 or 7
Last edited by lakes10 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:18 pm

You make a good point Lakes about the commitment  of some players and also the training. A guy i work with who has been a life long Chelsea fan pointed out  exactly what you said about the training and possible warms ups as to why we have had so many injuries other than broken bones.
Then again every team has gone thru a period of having an injury crisis , the mancs immedeatley spring to mind from a few years back . Fergie  always a man for excuses,  in fairness tho  was right in saying that their season was ruined by the injury list that they had sustained
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby ronmeister » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:19 pm

Transitional period i agree with but c'mon this was Birmingham for christ sake it shouldve been 3 points in the bag a draw if we played bad.There was enough talent on show for us to cruise through this match without even breaking a sweat Transitional or not we should still have played with a bit of passion and basic football knowledge ill say it again it was Birmingham we played not a top ten team
ronmeister

Postby liamac » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:50 pm

Your right Ron mate , talk about making it difficult for ourselves :(
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:08 pm

We seem to have been in transition since we last won the league. We just cannot seem to get back what we lost. This transition talk is all well and good, but if we are completely honest we are not going to all sit back and wait for ever. Few bad results and we will all be looking for answers again blaming the board, the players, the manager. Rafa will not get as long as Houllier, no way. The longer we wait, the harder it gets for the new guy. Benitez knows he has to produce pretty quick or he will be gone. I fear that if he cannot turn us into a top 3 team then who the hell can. Maybe this is our level now, it certainly seems that way.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion