I can't believe some fans - Calm down

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:47 am

I don't want to get into that so we don't go off topic.

If you are going to critisize a player do it in an intellectual and intelligent way, saying " He's ******, HE NEEDS TO BE SOLD" is not the right way to let out your opinion towards that player especilly when the following game you praise that exact same player because they played better. If they perform badly do they have to be sold asap?

EX: Cisse didn't do good job against Olympiakos and Hustler said along the lines that Cisse should be sold, but against Norwich he said he was brilliant.
Last edited by A.B. on Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby flombs » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:41 am

A.B. wrote:How can someone say that Nunez is a bad signing when he hasn't even played? So because he is injured he is not good of a footballer? That makes no sense, even little children know that kind of comment is ridiculus.

with you on that A.B.
i dont think its fair to critisize nunez when he hasnt touched a ball on the field yet, as for cisse he needs time and i really like the fella, ok not doing the best as of yet but got faith in the guy. i think its also sad that people slag him off because he was houlliers signing...tsk tsk very unfair on the lad.
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby Live4pool » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:40 am

flombs wrote:
A.B. wrote:How can someone say that Nunez is a bad signing when he hasn't even played? So because he is injured he is not good of a footballer? That makes no sense, even little children know that kind of comment is ridiculus.

with you on that A.B.
i dont think its fair to critisize nunez when he hasnt touched a ball on the field yet, as for cisse he needs time and i really like the fella, ok not doing the best as of yet but got faith in the guy. i think its also sad that people slag him off because he was houlliers signing...tsk tsk very unfair on the lad.

Of course, only an @ss would venture to say that a green apple is sour without first tasting.

Nunez is really an unfortunate character - freak training accident less than a few hours into his first practice.

I really sympathise with him. Why don't we criticise players like Zak, Mellor, Welsh etc ? Brainless critics should take their 2 cents somewhere else.

Cisse doesn't need more time, just love and understanding.
He has shown in US that he is fast ! He played well with Owen didn't him ?

No one proffers that had Owen remain as his striking partner, there wouldn't be a discussion on Cisse's or Liverpool's dismal performance.
Live4pool

Postby begintoend » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:51 am

I just feel that this forum has somewhat turn into a chat-zone.. where multiple post from a few individuals keep posting in. Do they ever really got themselves into some thoughts before posting their discussions.... ??? Maybe not, that's why half of the threads are really shallow.

Anyway the only palyer I see not fitting in is Kewell. So till he finds the form back in his hey days, we will have less width in our attack. (Mind you, Kewell is an exceptional player during Leads). Benitez is already the manager that is at anfield to transform Liverpool into a worthy title contender. I have faith in him. I am sure every player will improve under him, and in general the team will be there in the elite.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:46 am

i couldnt be @rsed reading all the posts for this topic so i apologise if i'm repeating what anybody has said. (i couldnt be @rsed with the arguing, i just want to read or talk about the perfromance.

i know the petformance wasnt that good, and there wasnt alot of spirit in it either, but i couldnt help feeling that things were made trebly worse by the fact that 1) the greek antics ruined the game's flow, hence ours, we couldnt really get going.  2) collina had possibly his worst game as a referee i've seen. Baros was being penalised for everything, the replays showing otherwise. he was really unlucky.

i thought garcia played too much as a forward instead of playing in the hole. there was no link to him or baros as a result, and their running was in vain.

also, was it just me, or was cisse onside at least twice when ruled offside?  i was flabbergasted when the replays clearly showed it, and Jim Beglin was goin "yeah he just strayed off there." i was goin "what are you on about? ???!!!! he's not offside!!  he's not offside!!!!"  even me bird was agreein with me!!  ( is that a good or a bad thing though?)

i really think finnan is better as a right back, and like some have said, a better squad member than first team right mid.

just a horrible night really. cant bring myself to buy the papers the next day when things like that happen. just dont want to be reminded of it.

got faith in benitez though. i would have been mildly shocked to have got a win from there. i said before that i would have thought olympiakos was the toughest fixture from the group. also. benitez has had less than 10 proper games i charge, thats f*** all.  he's the man as far as i can see, we are improving.

one last point is that ok, we may not have lost that game under GH, but we will win many other games under benitez that we wouldnt have with GH, as a sacrifice. our defensive stability covered over our poor play and ****** attacking options and tactics
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:39 pm

Begintoend

Interesting points about the team but what I'm afraid of is that the bus is leaving and we aint gettin on it, in other words the gap between the top and us is getting greater and it is either more difficult to close or impossible.

Besides what goes on on the pitch the key monetary aspect is success in buying and selling players and we havent done too well to date. While the previous manager has left the directors haven't and so they still have an involvement in the shortcomings of the transfer market.

To be a success we need to emulate the successes of Arsenal and to a lesser extent Mancs (this assumes that Chelsea have overpaid for their squad).

Chelsea are just proving that while you can buy it needs more than just money to make a success of it.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:47 pm

A.B.: the guy said "bad" with inverted commas.

That's a big difference. Irony doesn't seem to have a place on this forum.

BTW (in reference to another remark by somebody back there), it didn't take Ferguson 12 years to win the League in England.

He took charge of Man UTD in November 1986 and won the league in 1993.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:16 pm

S-t-r,
Would you agree that Pool fans are about the most patient lot in EPL ? Despite all the underperformance, season in and season out, this same fans stayed on. That's for me is unconditional loyalty.

Supporting Liverpool is different from any other clubs. Passion makes a frustrated fan voice out his displeasure and rightly so. For at the end of the day, we don't jump ship and join other glory seekers. Bottling it up may cause mental breakdown.

No i don't agree.

I think our fans are amoungst the worst in the country along with spurs and villa if i'm bein totally honest.
115-1073096938

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:19 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
S-t-r,
Would you agree that Pool fans are about the most patient lot in EPL ? Despite all the underperformance, season in and season out, this same fans stayed on. That's for me is unconditional loyalty.

Supporting Liverpool is different from any other clubs. Passion makes a frustrated fan voice out his displeasure and rightly so. For at the end of the day, we don't jump ship and join other glory seekers. Bottling it up may cause mental breakdown.

No i don't agree.

I think our fans are amoungst the worst in the country along with spurs and villa if i'm bein totally honest.

Way to go Stu, alienate yourself from everyone on the forum in one fell swoop.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:27 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:A.B.: the guy said "bad" with inverted commas.

With all due respect, I am not a mind reader especilly on a forum.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:35 pm

The speech marks are a giveaway though lad.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:38 pm

I didn't notice them until it was pointed out to me.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:19 pm

Leon i couldn't give a ****** mate if am honest.

Look at it this way, out of all these on here how many would you say are real fans and real supporters who know there stuff? JBG, Yourself, Stmichael, Myself, Woof woof and maybre the odd one or two more... the rest are just critics, ****** takers or know nothing glory hunters.
115-1073096938

Postby sinema » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:54 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Leon i couldn't give a ****** mate if am honest.

Look at it this way, out of all these on here how many would you say are real fans and real supporters who know there stuff? JBG, Yourself, Stmichael, Myself, Woof woof and maybre the odd one or two more... the rest are just critics, ****** takers or know nothing glory hunters.

[quote]

Couldn't agree more Stu.  I don't post much, but read most, and as you say, there are more people intent on racking up the number of their posts than displaying knowledge of the game or even basic intelligence.  If I have upset anyone, ....good.  This forum is going rapidly downhill.  Where have all the good members gone?
sinema

Postby supersub » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:14 pm

Sinema,I don't think the forum is going down-hill,but is suffering a surge of members who aren't particularly averse to talking football and are only here for the general chat.
      The increased levels of abuse aimed at members who have a differing view maybe another reason,perhaps,for your feelings that the forum is on the wane.
      Just reading through most threads dating back to the beginning of the season and the general conesnsus is that Rafa Benitez is definitely the man who will re-establish us as a force in the premiership.There are only a few dissenting voices;but even they can have their opinion,whether it's right or wrong,and express it on the forum.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion