Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Bringing back rafa to anfield - Yes or no

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes : 29

Postby TheLad » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:06 pm

Would you be happy if the new owners decided to bring  Rafa back to LFC as our new/old manager?
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:09 pm

no.. move along
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:12 pm

This thread is probably going to start the mother of all flamewars.  :D

Personally, yes, I'd bring him back. He's a flawed genius. It was the right thing for him to leave last summer but things have changed immeasurably since then.

Never gonna happen though, even though a sizeable contingent of fans and he himself would be on for it. He wont walk out on Inter and by the time he's available again the club will probably have embarked on a new manager with a new project.

Its a controversial question but it is appropriate to ask it because many, many Liverpool fans still support him. Just look at the threads on RAWK over the past few months to see what I mean.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:15 pm

To answer the question simply, id say yes.

But it won't happen and i won't lose any sleep over it.  Today is our day to come together!  Arguements should stay on hold.

Another truce please :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Yeah someone throwing a very large hook in water for the respective forum glee cliques to jump on in orgy of repetitive hyberbole :D

As for the Q
Didnt want to see him leave in the first place but he has gone, Roy is the manager and deserves his chance and some respect
Last edited by laza on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:15 pm

He is in a no win situation at Inter after Morinho, he can only underachieve there.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Big no.

I wont even try and go into it  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Like a shot ...the man just simply knew what we were about ...
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:18 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Like a shot ...the man just simply knew what we were about ...

I'm gonna do you a compilation fo last seasons games mate, you must have been drinking A LOT last season :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Thumbs up from me.  :nod
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Too fkn right he should. I think it's time to put 'Operation get Rafa back' into motion. :D

He was one of the first to publically take the fight to the owners, he wasn't afraid to speak up to them. He was a winner, he had class and he understood the fans.

This place is full of antis though so id expect the majoiry to vote no. Id expect the opposite on almost every other LFC forum.
Last edited by tubby on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:25 pm

bavlondon wrote:Too fkn right he should. I think it's time to put 'Operation get Rafa back' into motion. :D

He was one of the first to publically take the fight to the owners, he wasn't afraid to speak up to them. He was a winner, he had class and he understood the fans.

This place is full of antis though so id expect the majoiry to vote no. Id expect the opposite on almost every other LFC forum.

I seriously despair.... of the world in general with tripe like this.

3 days ago you said one thing about polls, now yuou say it dont count, if its against your opinion...

He was awful last season, he ahd years to have his go, and he failed!!! Our football was awful, his signings were awful, everything pointed to him having to go.
Now we might have some money you want him back so he can have another 5-6 years to do it all over again!!!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:27 pm

dawson99 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Too fkn right he should. I think it's time to put 'Operation get Rafa back' into motion. :D

3 days ago you said one thing about polls, now yuou say it dont count, if its against your opinion...

He was awful last season, he ahd years to have his go, and he failed!!! Our football was awful, his signings were awful, everything pointed to him having to go.
Now we might have some money you want him back so he can have another 5-6 years to do it all over again!!!

Do you stroke your todger when you write your anti-Rafa posts Daws?  ???
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:28 pm

I think it was the right time for rafa to leave  last season. He had taken us as far as he could. Better owners and more money won’t necessarily mean a better team after Rafa (look at his last few £15m+ buys: Keane, Aquilani, Johnson) none of them worth what we paid for them.

But imho he is a better manager than Roy Hodgeson.

Personally I wouldn’t chose either to be manager of this football club, now but that’s not the question.

Would you be happy if the new owners decided to bring  Rafa back to LFC as our new/old manager?

My answer is no because I don’t think he can bring us the league (the fact that I don’t think roy can either is neither here nor there in the context of the question asked)
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Reg wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

Do you stroke your todger when you write your anti-Rafa posts Daws?  ???

only if you're around as well mate ;)

It's not anti Rafa, its called moving on. Patty and Selma and some of the loons on here have a non stop hard on for a guy who failed for us... im just trying to understand how some people think dude.

and what ive said is correct, he did fail, thats why he went in the first place. Just because hes got a good PR manager some eejits soak up all his words, i look at his actions and what he achieved. Yeah he was great for us, at a time, but that time is long gone, and thats why he went. And im happy he aint here. and if he came back it would just e another disaster
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion