Owen heading back to anfield? - What do you think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby marcus.c » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:45 am

Owen is no doubt on of the best striker that came through the Liverpool youth system, along with Gerrard. And there is no doubt Owen's passion for the club. Owen left Anfield for obvious reason - to win medals. Although Owen is scoring roughly every 100hours for Real's game, he is still not getting a starting place. Real is not just a football club. It is more of a union these days, where players such as Raul and Figo have a more influential role than the manager. There is much more politics in the dressing room than passion on the field.

Owen has hinted that if he still doesn't hold a regular place at Real starting line-up by the end of this season, he might just head back to Anfield. Benitez says that he would certainly welcome Owen to join back the squad.

WHAT do you think of Owen joining back the squad?
marcus.c

Postby kenco » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:47 am

rubbish!!
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kop in Beijing » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:08 am

we have mellor
kop in Beijing

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:23 am

when did Owen "hint" he may come back to Anfield?  ???
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:26 am

When did he say this?
And when did Benitez say he would have him back?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby marcus.c » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:36 am

Read your newspaper. I read that from the newspaper couple of mths ago. Well, the question is what if Owen would to come back? What will be the general sentiment?
marcus.c

Postby bigmick » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:40 am

Marcus you've been tumbled mate! :D Let that be a lesson to you, these guys on here want to know the source! and whether its from the horse, of course. Don't know why I'm talking in rhymes or why its all bo!!ocks. Think I'd better go lay down and have some nice dreams. Wake me up before the match starts will ya luv?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby garciafan » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:42 am

There is hardly any news in spanish papers about owen wanting to go back, he is doing well for Real off late and since Morientes is leaving next year with Ronaldo also not renewing his contract Owen will be Madrids striker for years to come unless Perez pulls another one of his crazy transfer moves, which bye the way he is quite capable of doing.
garciafan

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:42 am

Im just awake havent read the paper yet :sleepy:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kaiyi li » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:55 am

i can't believe in it .
kaiyi li

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:00 am

He wont come back and we have moved on without him, he wanted to go to a bigger club  :glare: he can stay there.
He should have stayed and give Rafa one more season, and we would have been challenging for the title this year, Thank Micky :)
We all appreciate it. :glare:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:02 am

marcus.c wrote:And there is no doubt Owen's passion for the club.

Owen only has passion for his own success. He has no passion for LFC or any of it's fan's. To him we are merely people to be exploited along the way, who may help him achieve his own personal goals.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:07 am

Owen plays for Michael Owen Plc and nobody else
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:25 pm

I would like him too, but i'm not even gonna read your post and say no, he is not coming back
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:39 pm

Dont want him, refuse to admit we need him and would love to somehow get Real Madrid in the CL final and give Owen the medal he so desperately deserves.....the silver losers one, cuz he held us to ransom for far too long. Dont see it happenin anyhow, and for some reason it dont work out. Rushy was never the same player when he came back was he, and he DID love Liverpool. Nah, let Owen stay in Spain, playin second fiddle to the fat Brazillian and their proper manager, Raul.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion