59%

Total votes : 29

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:32 pm

Yes!

Bring him back so we can sack him again
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:35 pm

dawson99 wrote:I seriously despair.... of the world in general with tripe like this.

3 days ago you said one thing about polls, now yuou say it dont count, if its against your opinion...

He was awful last season, he ahd years to have his go, and he failed!!! Our football was awful, his signings were awful, everything pointed to him having to go.
Now we might have some money you want him back so he can have another 5-6 years to do it all over again!!!

This ^

and people like Reg can go do one. It's his opinion you root.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:41 pm

bavlondon wrote:Too fkn right he should. I think it's time to put 'Operation get Rafa back' into motion. :D

He was one of the first to publically take the fight to the owners, he wasn't afraid to speak up to them. He was a winner, he had class and he understood the fans.

This place is full of antis though so id expect the majoiry to vote no. Id expect the opposite on almost every other LFC forum.

He wasnt a winner much last season  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby mart » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:42 pm

It would be nice to see what he could do with the club when it has some stability. But I dont see it happening.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Too fkn right he should. I think it's time to put 'Operation get Rafa back' into motion. :D

He was one of the first to publically take the fight to the owners, he wasn't afraid to speak up to them. He was a winner, he had class and he understood the fans.

This place is full of antis though so id expect the majoiry to vote no. Id expect the opposite on almost every other LFC forum.

He wasnt a winner much last season  :D

Nothing since 2006
Shhhh dont tell anyone...
:oops:
Thommo's perm

Postby liverpoolusfan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:44 pm

Rafa had five years. Not just one bad year last season but five total to build a championship squad. That's enough time IMO. I thank him for the trophies he brought to LFC but it's time to move forward.
liverpoolusfan

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:45 pm

I voted no, we need to move on. Whether Roy is the answer who knows, but I don't think Benitez is.
So many of his signings are either no longer here or are/were not good enough.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Keris » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Rafa's tenure at the club has ran its course. Although prematurity ended, he was given a fair crack of the whip.
Now its Roy's turn. Its only fair the man appointed by the BOD be given the chance to prove his worth to the club.

Will Rafa return to Anfield in the future? who knows, I certainly hope so as I think he has some unfinish business here.
But to instigate a return now will just undermine our current boss and I wouldn't want to see that happen, just as I wouldn't want it to happen to Rafa should he was still here. In the mean time, lets get behind Roy and the boys, lets see what they have to offer.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:49 pm

Bring him back...to the Kop. Let him wave a banner on the Kop. Let him receive the adulation from all the fans around him....
But not as manager.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Homebooby » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Never go back.

Too much history regardless whether he was good for us, or bad for us. As with every manager I think it was a bit of both and his heart was most definitely in the right place. I think the deification of Rafa has most to do with the fact that he was the one person who seemed to reflect the real Liverpool mentality in a moment in time when the world had been turned upside down and we had no hope. That piece of sentimentality (and I have been guilty of it) is confused with managerial ability and I think it is clear that his man management wasn't great, his substitution skills left a lot to be desired and I haven't really seen us play the type of quality football that I want to see us play. I want to see us play with pride and strike the fear of god into all those who face us like we did in the 70's and 80's. We need that back and Rafa isn't the guy to do it.

Clean break needed and look to the future. No baggage and no media BS along with that baggage thank you very much.
Homebooby

Postby tubby » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:53 pm

liverpoolusfan wrote:Rafa had five years. Not just one bad year last season but five total to build a championship squad. That's enough time IMO. I thank him for the trophies he brought to LFC but it's time to move forward.

Yeah 5 years without spending like the rest of the top 4. And whilst the yanks were in charge he was spending with 1 arm tied behind his back. Im pretty sure he been able to spend more money without having to sell first we would have won the league a few years ago and wouldn't have gone backwards last season.

For what it's worth I don't think he will come back but the poster asked the question so I answered.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:55 pm

:laugh: Unbelieveable. :laugh: What a day :D .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Lee J wrote:
dawson99 wrote:I seriously despair.... of the world in general with tripe like this.

3 days ago you said one thing about polls, now yuou say it dont count, if its against your opinion...

He was awful last season, he ahd years to have his go, and he failed!!! Our football was awful, his signings were awful, everything pointed to him having to go.
Now we might have some money you want him back so he can have another 5-6 years to do it all over again!!!

This ^

and people like Reg can go do one. It's his opinion you root.

Tetchie today Lee?  :laugh:

The whole thread is a wind up so kick back and enjoy it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:00 pm

Rafa had five years. Not just one bad year last season but five total to build a championship squad.

Give Rafa some credit... his squad was far better than the championship.  Roy's team is closer to the championship squad.  :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Since when did Rafa have five years anyway? Are we discounting the first when he came fifth but won the Champions League, or the last when he came 7th and and won feck all? Or are we discounting one of the four in between, during one of which we won the FA Cup?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion