Boumsong - Fee

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spud » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:46 pm

According to reports Newcastle have bid £8M.

I cannot remember what Rangers paid?

I cannot remember what GH agreed before it went pear shaped (both parties).

Just wondered how much we could have made?
spud

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:49 pm

spud wrote:According to reports Newcastle have bid £8M.

I cannot remember what Rangers paid?

I cannot remember what GH agreed before it went pear shaped (both parties).

Just wondered how much we could have made?

rangers got him on a bosman.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:49 pm

He was free to Rangers
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:50 pm

I really want him, can't believe hes in fu*king Rangers. Wouldn't mind seeing him and Dado Prso in Liverpool. :)
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:53 pm

it shows you the turmoil that newcastle are in that the player REFUSED the move in the first place. despite that, newcastle have made 3 more bids today which have all been turned down. :D

can't believe his move to us fell through. he would have been exactly the kind of centre half we have been craving for the last 18 months. :(
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:00 pm

He has made it perfectly clear that he is using Rangers as a stepping stone, and they know only too well he will be off soon.

He wanted to put himself in the shop window for the Premeir league. and he has done well as he is impressive at the back for the Gers.

He will command a decent fee as Rangers gave him a big signing bonus.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spud » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:11 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:He has made it perfectly clear that he is using Rangers as a stepping stone, and they know only too well he will be off soon.

He wanted to put himself in the shop window for the Premeir league. and he has done well as he is impressive at the back for the Gers.

He will command a decent fee as Rangers gave him a big signing bonus.

and his plan has worked a treat.........

Why the hell didn't we get him?  I wonder what really happened, he is reported as saying that GH went back on his word.  The local press painted him in a negative way.

Anyway, it's history but we still need another CD plus others.
spud

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:58 pm

Id love him to come to us and p#ss the Gers right off bigotted shower of b@stards  :angry: Cant stand them :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:27 pm

So what is stopping us from getting him? We could offer Rangers a few of our cast offs, and some money.

I am sure he would be interested, his problem was with Houllier not the club, I even remember him calling Liverpool "a great club" even after the deal went sour.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:30 pm

The Mighty 'Gers have turned down 2 bids of £7.5m from Newcastle so he's out of our price bracket I think :(
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:42 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Id love him to come to us and p#ss the Gers right off bigotted shower of b@stards  :angry: Cant stand them :angry:

I like Rangers, can't f**kin stand Celtic  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:55 pm

Rangers have no money so will be looking to cash in on a player they got for nothing. I havent seen this guy play but hes highly rated it seems. Trouble is he said some bad things when the deal fell through with Liverpool and the board may hold that against him. We do have Vignal on loan there so that could help cut costs. I understand that Vignals playing because Ball is a game or two off an appreance clause in his contract which will mean they must shell out more money to Everton. As they dont have cash they aint playing him lol. They got to be potless so any of their players should but rich pickings.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:09 am

Rangers are in dire need of new players, but as Boumsong is really their only saleable asset, they'll hold out for silly money I reckon.

On the other hand, as it's players they ultimately want, maybe we could palm the likes of Diao, Smicer and Cheyrou off on them.
ivor_the_injun

Postby KennyisGod....still » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:46 am

Someone quoted £7.5 million for Boumsong.... so Smicer, Diao and Cheyrou + £7 mill sounds a good deal!!! :laugh:  Seriously, now Gers are outta Europe he may well be allowed to leave, but I'm not sure the debt at Rangers is as bad as it was a while back.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:46 pm

I think that Smicer, Diao and Cheyrou plus cash for the player wouldn't be as horrible a deal as it at first sounds. Those three are still on the payroll but doing nothing for their money, and even if it costs us a couple of mill on top I still think we'd be the better for it.
ivor_the_injun

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion