Baros..."im glad houllier has gone" ! - ...and so are we milan!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jack66 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:10 pm

Santa wrote:
Supermarius wrote:...but maybe with a new confident Owen alongside him. :) I reserve judgement on Cisse til i see him operating

Owen will not regain his confidence unless we reshuffle the midfield and play with a creative midfielder, maybe even with a proper right winger. Owen has dropped from his own high standard in the past 2 seasons, not helped by injuries and a certain GH. I will be very happy if he can bounce back and prove me wrong but I don't see how he will be given preferential treatment under Rafa. Form will dictate that our front two for the start of the season will be Cisse and Baros.

With Cisse, I hoped he can adapt to Premiership quickly. Seeing him play, I have no doubt he will do well in Premiership with his raw pace and power.  (faster than Henry? yeah baby!)  :D

I will agree with that santa, i think owen will have to play a lot better now pre season after baros playing so well,like him or loathe him he cant be sitting on the bench anymore.
jack66

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:47 pm

Its all about confidence too. Your not gonna have much confidence if your sat on the bench for ages, thinking you aint gonna get a game and then expected to just pull it off.
How many games of Baros's 2 goals in 23 for Liverpool were from the bench? probably 20 of those games.
Milan said his confidence was down.

Scored two goals tonight as well...right on cue!
84-1083280474

Postby whylongball? » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:17 pm

competition will always be good...and i think its time for Owen to feel the heat...he will have to raise his game after sitting on the bench for some games(provided Ben does that)  :D Really excited with the strikeforce we have!(Owen, Cisse, Baros, Cinema)
whylongball?

Postby Eazy-E » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:30 pm

I have been talking about Baros for the past two season's and not one person even agreed with me, finally the guy is getting the recognition he deserves i hope Rafa plays 4-3-3 next season so we can start bursting the net.

Kirkland

Carragher                     Hyypia
   Finnan                                                              Riise

Gerrard                          Hamann                         Kewell

Cisse                             Owen                             Baros
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:44 am

We can't defend with 4 midfielders, shudder to think how we wil cope with 3 ??? 

It's either Cisse and Owen or Cisse and Baros but as LFC games proved last year Owen/Baros just doesn't work but thats under GH's tactics so we mya hope for better things under Benitez but as he has prioved at valencia, Defence is the key to his success and I doubt he will put 3 up front :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:03 am

Baros keeps proving that he is a world class striker (to score 5 goals in euro championship....you have to be world class). He should definitely start for liverpool next season. He takes on defenders (create space for strike partner), creates chances & he even scores. what more can u ask from a striker ?

The other striker role should be a toss up between owen and cisse.

I am glad houllier is gone though.

Lets get 1 thing straight, baros did not get a game during last 2 months of the season because houllier wanted to justify his 11 million flopper. Not because he wanted to protect baros from burn out........  If Baros was signed for 11 million and heskey was signed for 3.8 million, guess who would be playing ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:34 am

Tell me so..
Who is there to deny, based on current form, that Baros should be in 1st team?
Baros himself has brought himself to a new level and playing for czech has helped him discover more of his abilities. His goals helps czech to be sure of winning the match. He knows that he needs to score to win the match. Period!
Owen has not done any soul searching. He knows he has a dip in form but what has he done to rid that patch? Nothing! Cos some ****** thinks he is the best and indispensible!
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:32 am

begintoend wrote:...Owen has not done any soul searching. He knows he has a dip in form but what has he done to rid that patch? Nothing! Cos some ****** thinks he is the best and indispensible!

Maybe so...maybe so...

...with the service available in both Liverpool team last season and England this Euro 2004 (where he is tightly watched), it is no wonder Owen has been unable to perform to his expectation. As with the Czech side, they have got Pobrosky and Nedved who are able to feed some delightful balls to Baros.

Perhaps what is needed is to relook at our midfield formation. Seriously who play the role as a playmaker last season? No on with the exception of StevieG but that's not his forte. We need to get a 'Nedved' in our team, one who can dictate play and tread good passes to our forwards (stating the obviuos here). Under GH's team, even Baros (on current form) will look bad without any services.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:55 am

then perhaps Owen is an overhyped striker if he ONLY needs "nedved" to make him available for scoring more than he has now with Stevie and Kewell behind him. Maybe stevie is no Nedved, but who's to deny Stevie is one of the best midfield in EPL.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion