Back to reality - Do some know how lucky they are?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Garymac » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:25 pm

Well Deadline day has passed and the last 48 hours have been as bizarre as any five seen on the forum. I was as disappointed as anyone we didnt get simao or a center half but we need to look at how good are squad is and were we will be standing in January. Overall it has to be said over the summer and up till yesterday (till the Simao deal fell through) we have done extremely well in the transfer market. A lot of average players e.g diouf diao biscan kirkland smicer and others have been shifted from the wage bill and a series of good buys and youngster with lots of potential have replaced them. Over the last couple of days a number of supports have been left pondering whether Rafa should remain at the club, i call these supporters wind up merchants or downright gobsh!tes, thats someway of treating a man who give you the European cup after 21 years. Rafa did make an error in the transfer market not securing a right winger but hes not perfect and will make mistakes, the best do, and thats how they learn and get even better, you arnt just born a genius, you become one by learning and learning from your errors. But what would have everyone said if he would have panicked and brought another Pellegrino in, im sure we would much rather have Whitbread to cover than a retiring ex international, because Rafa knew he had adequate cover if the right player never come along. He will still want a right winger and Center half in January and till then we will have to be patient and hope over the next 6 months he draws up a list of quality aquasitions and seals 2 of them when the time is right. Thats probably what was going through his head yesterday, does he just get someone in for he hell of it and use a bit of the budget up on someone we dont really want or does he leave it and get the sort of player who would suit us in January. Whatever decision Rafa makes we must accept because hes the boss and he knows better than any of us. Also progression in the champions league would probably improve the quality of player availble to us as well.

So although things didnt go right over the last few days it doesnt even come close to what has gone right over the last 12 months, Alonso signing, Mellor v Arsenal, Gerrard v Olympiakos, the kids in the carling cup, Gerrard staying (twice!) Garcia v Juventus and Chelsea, Gudjohnsens miss, Manure winning fu*k all, Bluesh!te out of the Champions league, Beating a tough leverkusen side home and away 3 1, singing youll never walk alone after the chelsea game, der der der der der der der der!!!, Half time having the belief to sing youll never walk alone and giving the players belief, gerrards header, smicers 25 yarder Alonsos penalty miss!!, Dudeks save (in the match, Dudeks saves (in the shootout) Gerrard lifting the european cup, Carra going on a massive bender!, Rafa in the boozer to watch the game, Cisses super quick come back, getting in the champions league after Uefa bent the rules and changed them, stealing evertons thunder big time by winning it 5 times!, finnan and risse steppin up a level, Sissoko and Reina coming, and Carra becoming World Class.

Now way up those against Simao, owen and a center half not coming....doesnt really compare does it and we have 4 points from 2 games and we have qualified for the group stages.

So no one tell me they want Rafa to go or that he is Sh!t because you dont know how fu*kin lucky you are to support LFC, we have had a better 12 months than any other club on the planet as supporters so fu*kin behave with the whinging and moaning when we lose one nil and demand the worlds gone wrong and you need to kill yourself, because you have to take the good with the bad, and with Rafa so far, its been fu*kin magic!

If you want to moan and whinge and be bitter though i do advise you move to a blue forum, imagine how fuc*ed off they are!

Apologises in advance for any spelling errors, i really am b0llocks at it.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby liverpoolrich » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:28 pm

and how are we lucky ???
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby Afroman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:30 pm

liverpoolrich wrote:and how are we lucky ???

Did you even read the post  ???
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolrich » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:34 pm

Afroman wrote:Did you even read the post  ???

yes but think off all the stuff why we are unlucky
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby A.B. » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:44 pm

and how are we lucky

Ask any fan of any other club if they'd liked to swap places with us during the night of 25/5/05. I'm pretty sure the answer would be yes.
Last edited by A.B. on Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby liverpoolrich » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:48 pm

A.B. wrote:
and how are we lucky

Ask any fan of any other club if they'd liked to swap places with us during the night of 25/5/05. I'm pretty sure the answer would be yes.

but we deserved its not luck
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby Afroman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:51 pm

liverpoolrich wrote:
A.B. wrote:
and how are we lucky

If my team scored three goals in the first half I'd think I deserved it.
Why didn't AC deserve it
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:51 pm

I didn't say that we didn't deserve it now did I?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Garymac » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:58 pm

My point exactly Liverpoolrich, some people dont know how lucky they are to support Liverpool, and you appear to be one of them. you could support Barnet or Newcastle or cheltneham and never had fuc* all to celebrate were as we are one of a few clubs who get a trophy every couple of years and over 2 years without one is a disaster, not many clubs have that, we have celebrated more than most and i am thankful for that cos its giving me some of the best days of my life and that is why i consider myself lucky, and if you had lots of bluenosed mates youd realise even more how lucky you was.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby neilE » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:33 pm

Garymac, you're absolutely right about all the plusses about supporting LFC. Some fantastic moments last season. I was deliriously happy on 25th May -  I was ecstatic about GETTING to the final. And despite not filling the positions we need yeaterday, we're not relegation candidates. Yes we are lucky to support a phenomenally successful club, and maybe that leads to unrealistic expectation.
The problem for me is that all last season's stuff is a memory, and we are now in 2005/6. I want success again - I don't expect to win the league this season but  I do want evidence that we will do in the next few years. For Benitez's system to work properly, the side needs good wide players on each side. He's got the big strikers in, but we can't guarantee the service we need, because the right midfielder is not there. Doesn't really matter who's to blame, and IMO it would be a disaster of epic proportions to get rid of our excellent (but fallible) manager and board. My disappointment - call it doom & gloom if you want - is that the "big plan" to become a major force in English and European football has been set back, at least 4 months, because we didn't get our priority signings. As for all those people who suggest anyone with negative attitudes should :censored: off & support someone else - that's as daft as trying to get the boss sacked FFS. We'll all (except tomm0 if he's still here :D  ) be behind our team Saturday week, and forever more too. ANd no-one will be as happy as me if our transfer failings over the last week or so turns out to be no problem at all
neilE

Postby kingofthegreen » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:19 pm

liverpoolrich wrote:and how are we lucky ???

how lucky are we to see the size of your f**king signature man!?

Well said GaryMac! :buttrock

Image  Image
kingofthegreen

Postby PabloAimar » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:35 pm

gary mac, u ol' bast4rd! howz it goin baby?
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Luis Garcia » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:19 am

A.B. wrote:
and how are we lucky

You wouldnt have  swapped places at half time , would you??
Luis Garcia

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:00 am

You wouldnt have  swapped places at half time , would you??

A football game is not 45 minutes long. It lasts 90 + minutes, but of course you wouldn't know that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:24 am

I think the "moaning" or "panicking" as it is commonly referred to is a normal reaction from the real Liverpool fans who are concerned by the team's lack of penetrative play from the first 2 EPL games and the home CSKA Sofia game as well as the Super Cup game.

This is a rightful reaction and we should not belittle these views as Liverpool has always been expected to do well and mount a real challenge for top honours.

My mate peewee has always doused me with reality after the games which we won recently that we got real lucky with CSKA Moscow and that against Sunderland, we were cumbersome and had luck in the (rather doubious IMHO) sending off of 1 of their players. In reality, we really lacked penetrative play and it is obvious that if the supply line gets choked in the middle when the opposition is happy to swamp the midfield, pur wide players have been woeful.

This is the reality of it and we desperately needed to get a real right sided player who can cross well and on the left, Zenden has been blowing hot and cold - only is too much on the cold side lately.

I hope Benithez can address this in the short term and we really need more right sided depth in the next transfer window.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion