Whats happened to insua?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:57 am

Strange he wasnt in the squad for the CL or against Boro, he was giving Aurelio a run for his money and putting his place under threat.

Now he is nowhere to be seen is he being frozen out because he went away with Argentina for a month?  ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:03 pm

Another awesome "man-management"ness by Benitez.....  :D

The curious case of Rafael Benitez........ A man who trusts his laptop more than his players....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Salty Sock » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:58 pm

His stats went down in Football Manager so Rafa tossled him :)
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Not sure why he isn't playing, but I watched the Argentine matches in the U-20's and to be honest, Insua had a terrible tournament, as well as his entire team.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:28 pm

where was the tournament? jetlagged maybe? I remember Mascherano was left out for the same reason after the Olympics

he'll probably just need a bit of rest, hopefully we'll see him soon
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:33 pm

he did play 9 games in a 2 week period down there in the middle of summer. I don't think he is in the CL squad.
JoeTerp

Postby lakes10 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:40 pm

you need to look back at when Sammy lee couls say what he liked before being told to shut up.
Lee thinks the guys a good player but Rafa thinks he has a lot to learn and next year will be his year.

There is a post on here from someone about it but have no idea what thread it was in.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:53 pm

I must admit if Rafa thinks he needs time then I agree with him. He showed enough when he played to indicate there's comething there, but I thought one or two got a bit ahead of themselves with him. He came in when Auelio was injured, and we were getting well and truly Dossena'd every week, so he might have looked a bit better than he was. He didn't overly get forward, didn't look to me like he would catch any pidgeons and is knee high to a grasshopper so he's going to have to develop a little physiscally as well as in maturity of play.

I do think he's better than Dossena, but for me they're both a mile behind Aurelio.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:58 pm

Have to agree with bigmick - Insua is a better player than Dossena but not as good as Aurelio. If Aurelio could stay fit and replicate his performance against Madrid on a regular basis then he could establish himself.
THEBARON

Postby Sabre » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:05 pm

bigmick wrote:I must admit if Rafa thinks he needs time then I agree with him. He showed enough when he played to indicate there's comething there, but I thought one or two got a bit ahead of themselves with him. He came in when Auelio was injured, and we were getting well and truly Dossena'd every week, so he might have looked a bit better than he was. He didn't overly get forward, didn't look to me like he would catch any pidgeons and is knee high to a grasshopper so he's going to have to develop a little physiscally as well as in maturity of play.

I do think he's better than Dossena, but for me they're both a mile behind Aurelio.

Despite I didn't understand the pidgeons expression, I think this position sums my position about the Dossena(1)-Insua-Aurelio triangle, for me, Aurelio is the best of the lot by far, Dossena has been dissapointing, and Insua's been promising but we must not get too carried away with him, nor to put more responsabilities on his shoulders than we should, a title challenge should not be relied upon unexperienced players like Ngog, El Zhar or Insua, in my book.

The lad can be happy with having minutes in the first team and showing in the chances he's given he's a valid option. For a normal youth system lad of any club that's some achievement, and when you talk about Liverpool Football Club or any massive club fighting for the league, that's very succesful. More often than not youngsters won't be succesful from moment one, and you require patience with them, and not burn them to soon.

So myself I'm just happy to discover that we have a player coming from the youth system and showing he can make it to the first team the next season or the next.

(1) I actually think that Dossena might be perfectly valid for continental football and I'd think he'd play well in Spain for instance, but I'm not sure his suits our needs whatsoever.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:06 pm

bigmick wrote:I must admit if Rafa thinks he needs time then I agree with him. He showed enough when he played to indicate there's comething there, but I thought one or two got a bit ahead of themselves with him. He came in when Auelio was injured, and we were getting well and truly Dossena'd every week, so he might have looked a bit better than he was. He didn't overly get forward, didn't look to me like he would catch any pidgeons and is knee high to a grasshopper so he's going to have to develop a little physiscally as well as in maturity of play.

I'd have to agree with this 100%, aside from one thing.  I think he is physically ready for the prem.  Sure he may be a bit on the short side, but he is rather filled out and can bring a bit of physicality to his game.

I may have been a bit harsh in my earlier post when I said he was terrible at the U-20's.  Perhaps my expectations were a bit heightened by the fact that he filled in passably for Aurellio.  When I tuned in to the Argentina matches for the sole purpose of watching our young LB, I was expecting him to stand out a bit more since he had been playing for what was at the time the club that resided in the top spot of the prem.

I had thought that he would dominate at the lesser level, but he seemed to play down to the level, rather than bring his Liverpool form with him.

As Joe mentioned, he did play alot of matches in a short amount of time as well, so take my comments on Insua's form with a grain of salt (If you haven't already).
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:16 pm

Sabre wrote:Despite I didn't understand the pidgeons expression, .

Catching Pidgeons (verb/noun) catheasu pidgeosisus -The feat of being such a fast runner that one can be said to catch pidgeons before they fly away, and indeed catch up with them in the early stages of flight. Most commonly used in horse-racing parlance, to describe how a finely tuned young charge has been "working" at home, in the first light of day when the jockeys breath can be seen a s burst of steam. "He's been catching pidgeons at home mate", being the whisper which has alledgedly come, if not from the horses mouth (because horses can't talk) but from within the stables. Such assurances, are almost always proven to be  b0ll0cks.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:30 pm

I've been a big fan of Insua ever since he started the last two games of last season. While I agree that Aurelio is the better player (at the moment) I'd argue that Insua offers qualities that are lacking from the side this season. Aurelio is quite a cultured player, he's a good passer who uses the ball intelligently and he's a solid defender who reads the game well and he gets forward to help out as well. Insua is quicker (i'm sure), I'd say he is stronger in the tackle but more prone to getting caught out of position (no surprise given his lack of experience). However, he plays with a lot of energy, has quick feet, is not afraid to run at people and is a far more direct player than our other fullbacks. In a team that has proved to be quite predictable (particularly at home) I feel he is our best option on the left-hand side, especially now that our league challenge is dead. I'd play him every week and let him stake a claim to the job full-time for next season. I think he's got a lot of potential.
Last edited by Scottbot on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:58 am

In the squad tonight according to the offal.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Well wouldn't be surprised to see him start
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion