Antonio nunez - Give him a break

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:54 pm

I know what you mean ken, see him a few times play and on one occasion he sent every cross into row z behind the kop!  He's a squad player at best, but if we get an offer of 1-2 million i'd take it and promote a youth winger.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:10 am

Nunez is not good enough IMO, he just lacks the quality to make any real impression at a club like liverpool. He works hard, but that is not enough and i think Gonzalez and Figo ( if he signs) will do a much better job on the wing.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:20 am

we never paid for him so i dont see why he,s getting critism,and when he plays he gives one hundred percent,willing worker and never shy,s from responsibility.he not good for liverpool  though so maybe a move away is better for for both sides
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:26 am

I wud happily give him a chance...

but at the moment, he hasnt really been performing
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:31 am

lawrenson_sarah wrote:I wud happily give him a chance...

wot does that mean ?   :devil:  :D

sorry couldnt resist
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:32 am

what ?

lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby Red @ Heart » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:40 am

last summer when nunez came to the team as we know he busted his knee really bad in his first training session and as out for months, the reason why i think he hasnt had the confidence or played as well as he liked is because he was being cautios about his knee, i dont know about you guys but if i was nunez and had the same injury as him i would be afraid of my knee getting busted again, i know the physio wouldnt let him play if it were still hankering him but it would be on my mind, rough challenges i would bottle them i wouldnt go staright in fearing the next injury to the same knee could end my career, now he has had a full year to recover from his injury i think he will have the confidence to go into challenges 100% commited and stretch his legs with out fear of his knee getting busted again, he has shown some ability and i think he will do even better this year (hopefuly).
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:41 am

Wud be happy if he did do better :D

lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby Red @ Heart » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:45 am

he will do better, coming to epl from the spanish league is a hell of a diference, the game play here is way faster than any other league, nunez will settle in tidy, he should have overcome his injury by now.
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:48 am

lets hope so then ey ...:p

lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby BOODIDDY » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:30 am

get rid of him we had igor and everyone said give him a chance we cant carry these players thankyou nunez you were part of a special year but adios
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:54 am

Red wrote:last summer when nunez came to the team as we know he busted his knee really bad in his first training session and as out for months, the reason why i think he hasnt had the confidence or played as well as he liked is because he was being cautios about his knee, i dont know about you guys but if i was nunez and had the same injury as him i would be afraid of my knee getting busted again, i know the physio wouldnt let him play if it were still hankering him but it would be on my mind, rough challenges i would bottle them i wouldnt go staright in fearing the next injury to the same knee could end my career, now he has had a full year to recover from his injury i think he will have the confidence to go into challenges 100% commited and stretch his legs with out fear of his knee getting busted again, he has shown some ability and i think he will do even better this year (hopefuly).

Sorry dont agree with that at all.
The only plus points from Nunez's game has been his heading ability and imo his willingness to get stuck in. He doesnt hold back on challenges.
The reason he has struggled is because of a lack of ability, he is a winger who cant beat his man, and whos crossing 9 times out of ten lets him down.
I cant see him improving drastically and by the looks of the players Rafa is trying to bring in i think the lads on his way out.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:57 am

Ace Ventura wrote:
Red wrote:last summer when nunez came to the team as we know he busted his knee really bad in his first training session and as out for months, the reason why i think he hasnt had the confidence or played as well as he liked is because he was being cautios about his knee, i dont know about you guys but if i was nunez and had the same injury as him i would be afraid of my knee getting busted again, i know the physio wouldnt let him play if it were still hankering him but it would be on my mind, rough challenges i would bottle them i wouldnt go staright in fearing the next injury to the same knee could end my career, now he has had a full year to recover from his injury i think he will have the confidence to go into challenges 100% commited and stretch his legs with out fear of his knee getting busted again, he has shown some ability and i think he will do even better this year (hopefuly).

The only plus points from Nunez's game has been his heading ability and imo his willingness to get stuck in. He doesnt hold back on challenges.
The reason he has struggled is because of a lack of ability, he is a winger who cant beat his man, and whos crossing 9 times out of ten lets him down.
I cant see him improving drastically and by the looks of the players Rafa is trying to bring in i think the lads on his way out.

np if you dont agree its just what i think,
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:01 pm

Red wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

np if you dont agree its just what i think,

So do you think he holds back on challenges ?
I think the lad gets stuck in, but he is simply a limited player....that works hard.
He may get better with a full pre-season and some more confidence...but he still wont be good enough.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:28 pm

Give him a Break!? Only if it's in his leg!

Nah, I don't mean that. He was promising and he did have a rough start to life as a red, but he just does not look like a Liverpool player. I'd give him till Jan, if he doesn't go this summer. You very rarely find Channel in Real Madrid's Bargain Bucket.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion