Alan smith - Fair play

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:54 am

That was a horrific injury and I don't have anything against him despite him playing for Manure.

I'd like to see them field their best lineup and still lose to us.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:10 am

Dalglish wrote:You always got the impression with Alan Smith that he's a decent bloke. People slate him for joining the Mancs but those same people forget he was one of the last of the "big name" players to jump ship.

The quality he brings to the whole episode last season is "perspective". As he rightly says many more people wished him well and he wants to acknowledge that on Sunday.

OK, he plays for our arch rivals but I for one wasn't singing that ridiculous "Riise" song when I witnessed his appalling injury . In fact I had words with guys who sit around me on the KOP for their poor taste and lack of sportsmanship and compassion.

Whats so wrong with feeling genuine sympathy for a player who has suffered such an injury ? Have we all become so far up ourselves and repressed that we feel that it's a sign of weakness to show a modicum of concern? ??? 

I'm afraid many fans judge their own so called support of their team not in terms of how much they Love LFC but how much they Hate everyone else ..............

Too true Dalglish, too true....
Well done Smudger...

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion