A word of thanks to our chairman - Daid moores appreciation society

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:05 pm

Back to the point .

We've got some nice people running the club , but the Telly tubbies are also very nice , doesn't mean I want them in charge of LFC.

Remember ,not that long ago there was seemingly endless debate on "investment" into LFC , what happend ? . You know the answer to that . FU'CK ALL .

It's time for us step up and sort it out .In this day and age successfull football clubs are much more than just the players on the pitch, we need a (backroom) business team that can match the players achievements .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:01 pm

.. Parry has already said that u can only sell the family silverware once.. so they will wait for the right investor and amounts..

.. as to the debate that was raging earlier re: being mugged cos of owen.. from my understanding Mikey was already stalling over the new contract (reportedly £100,000 p/w)while his representatives did his bidding in front of Real.. Benitez came in and did the right thing for the club, before we got next to nothing for him.. He did say he would be staying until doing a massive u-turn at the 11th hour.. left ppl at the club including Gerrard devastated... but Benitez, being the honourable man he is.. put the club first and got shot of him,.. rightly so... he (owen) was grt for us.. but as with anyting.. ppl move on but the club carrys on regardless.. no-one is bigger then Liverpool Football Club...

.. and so that is why it is improtant to get the right investor.. in the same way it was so so important to make the right managerial appointment.. in Benitez.. the first part of the jigsaw has been completed..  :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:14 pm

zarababe wrote:.. as to the debate that was raging earlier re: being mugged cos of owen..

Sorry , Zbabe , The Owen thing was actually a sidetrack . the discussion was prmarily about the chairman .

A lot of people wanna says thanks to him .

Fair enough , in a season where we've won the Champions League (Ahhh, feels so good to say that  :D  ) I don't want to carp, but in the longer term and for the good of LFC we really need a brighter bulb in our business dept .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:17 pm

:D lol even a "strategist" like myself .. can occassionally miss the point :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:36 pm

zarababe wrote: :D lol even a "strategist" like myself .. can occassionally miss the point :D

:laugh:

So much is down to holding the map the right way up .    :D

You could apply that to so many situations .   :D 

:sleepy: 
Can I get an "Aum" round about now ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:46 pm

Woof woof... you're missing the point. The main thing that appealed about this Job to Benitez was TOTAL CONTROL.

Not Total control expect transfers.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:00 pm

I don't really write Benitez into the Owen saga . Whoever came in as manager at the start of this last season was handed a bowl of sh'it salad to deal with. Rafa , being the type of guy he is cut his losses and moved on.

The person who ultimately was responsible for that salad being prepared and served was the chairman . Nice as he is , we've gotta step up our game in the boardroom as much as we have on the pitch.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:08 pm

Disagree.

I wouldn't swap Moores or Parry for anyone. I've said it for years. The two of them are the reasons Benitez came to this club. Had we had Doug Ellis, Ken Bates, Peter Risdale or Rupet Lowe do you think we'd have Benitez in charge now?

Do you think those chairman sufficently back there managers?

Do you think they do things the CORRECT way?

I bloody well don't.

I'm sorry Woof woof, but the only thing Moores has ever done wrong is backing all of his managers till he no longer could and fanancially backed them during this period and effectively LET them get on with there job without interferring. If thats your definition of a bad chairman, then i'd love to know what your version of a good one is.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:07 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Disagree.

I'm sorry Woof woof, but the only thing Moores has ever done wrong is backing all of his managers till he no longer could  .

Guess if I was captain of the good ship LFC , as much as I trusted my helmsman I'd always keep an eye on him.  Thats my definition ! .

The loyalty shown is to be applauded ., but I'm not gonna wait until we're halfway up Sh'it Creek before I step in.

There ha've been millions and millions wasted at this club , poor business and poor decisions ,.Never mind the not interferring with the mgr bit. When you get to a situation where you are selling one of the worlds top strikers for a knock down price of £8 million . The chairman has to hold his hand up and plead Fu*king guilty .

:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:18 pm

The job of the men in charge is to hire the right manager, and then give him full backing.

I like Moores in the sense that he keeps out of the media, doesn't interfer with the footballing side of things, gives his manager full control, gives the manager time, and gives him money.

But ultimately if the manager ends up failing the Chairman should take the blame.

The question for me is, would you rather have a fan running the club or an asstute business man?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:20 pm

One things that gets to me, is that the size of the squad and the wage bill have got out of control. This is the Chairmans fault. He let Houllier bring in player after player without insisting that he keep a reasonbly sized squad.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:28 pm

HES COME THROUGH THE STORM I JUST HOPE HE SEES THE GOLDEN GOOSE WAITING FOR THE EURO CHAMPS.

LETS MAKE MILLIONS AND SHOW SALFORD THAT WE ARE AT LEAST THEIR EQUAL OFF THE PITCH ASWELL AS THEIR MASTER ON IT.

LETS WIN EVERYTHING AGAIN!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D
Last edited by BOODIDDY on Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Macgregor » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:43 pm

Nothing wrong with David Moores, great guy, massive amount of tradition. But for goodness sake we need some fire in the belly of the Chief Executive.
I'm with Woof, Cheers to David Moores, but let's have a 100 watt light in the finance office instead of our current 40 watt pearl !!
Red Macgregor

Postby Red Macgregor » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:42 am

stu_the_red wrote:Woof woof... you're missing the point. The main thing that appealed about this Job to Benitez was TOTAL CONTROL.

Not Total control expect transfers.

Utter tosh !!
Total control of players and team selection. Not total control of the club !!
The Chief Executive must control the availability of funds and the financial acceptability of transfers, both in and out.
Red Macgregor

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:38 pm

"Utter tosh"?

Really?

So you think Benitez doesn't get asked whats reasonable for a certain player?

You're the one talking "utter tosh".
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion