130m adidas deal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:37 pm

130m is a lot of money and it's a good news for Liverpool but i think rafa will spend it wisely .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:34 pm

As has been posted elsewhere on here before the deal for our kits is totally seperate to the adidas and reebok deal. The value of the deal has to be a massive boost for Rafa as this will allow him to build a squad in his own image. A word of warning to those of you expecting masses of big name signings - don't hold your breath - Rafa doesn't go in for the big name signings (source: Guillem Balague's 'A season on the brink') he will only go for the players that fit into his plans 'cos of their skill and ability and not because of the name on their birth certificate.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:18 pm

we dont needs many players, id say Joaquin or Kalou and a centre back.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby inglis5 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:22 pm

Sorry to :censored: on everybody's proverbial chips but the supposed deal is £10 million a year up to 2009 (£30 million), with an option of a further 10 years after that (£100 million). Typically rubbish, misleading Daily Star article.... still £10 million a year is better than what we're currently getting.
inglis5

Postby <-alonso-> » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:48 pm

talk about bein misleading
<-alonso->
(-alex-)
<-alonso->

Postby inglis5 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:50 pm

I know, the problem is that the truth very rarely sells newspapers....  :)
inglis5

Postby GOAT » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:47 pm

the deals only 10 million a year until 2009 with the option of a further 10 years which would add up to 130 million. sorry everyone
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby JBG » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:09 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:A word of warning to those of you expecting masses of big name signings - don't hold your breath - Rafa doesn't go in for the big name signings

Morientes?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby tubby » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:20 pm

Even still 10 million could buy 2 or 3 highly rated hungry youngsters or boost our current kitty to bring in a higher calibre of player. For example that 10M this year could be used for Daniel Agger and part of Dario Srna. It will definatley help us. Not to forget that we will have decent kits again.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:56 pm

JBG wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:A word of warning to those of you expecting masses of big name signings - don't hold your breath - Rafa doesn't go in for the big name signings

Morientes?

I see your point JBG I'll clarify what I mean't to say:

A word of warning to those of you expecting masses of big name signings - don't hold your breath - Rafa doesn't ALWAYS go in for the big name signings

My whole point was that Rafa isn't going to spend over the odds  on a player just 'cos of his name 'COUGH - NEWCASTLE - COUGH - MICHAEL OWEN - COUGH'(before u all start jumping on my back I'm not saying owen isn't worth £17 million but they did pay over the odds - but that's a whole different argument.) I think we've all - hopefully - come to realise how shrewd an operator Rafael Benitez is and anybody expecting Chel$ki style signings is probably barking up the wrong tree - BUT WE'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE!
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:09 am

Newcastle United fancy themselves as a very big club, and being the only one in the city of Newcastle, have a large local fan base. Their Chairman is a nutty old man. His manager, is desperate (I really pity him as his managerial career is checkered compared to his playing career particularly because I grew up watching him as the Enforcer at Anfield, a true legend). Owen was also very desparate to come back yet to his surprise, none of the big teams bid for him.

So, they thumped us with a very large bid, so large that Real Madris would be crazy to refuse.

Rafa Benitez will not do that as he is much more prudent and he is not afraid to admit his mistakes and rectify the situation quickly - Marcio Pellegrino, Nunez and Josemi has found out. The other who some have said to be "failures" - Morrientes - is class and has started to deliver, so no reason to see it as a "mistake".

In future, I do hope Rafa and his team will be able to unearth, develop and blood a few home grown players who will become the backbone of the team.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:22 am

We dont need to buy that :censored: woodgate.. will prob cost a lot and play at most 5 games a season
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Scott P » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:54 am

i dont understand why we would be getting £130 million from adidas as its them buying reebok out so surely it would just be them taking over the contract
Scott P

Postby Erica » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:02 pm

redsince2001 wrote:We dont need to buy that :censored: woodgate.. will prob cost a lot and play at most 5 games a season

:D  :D Five games in a season? You are a very optimistic guy.

He's been two years in Madrid, and he has only played two or three games.
Erica

Postby Paul C » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:50 pm

Scott P wrote:i dont understand why we would be getting £130 million from adidas as its them buying reebok out so surely it would just be them taking over the contract

I'm not expert but I presume that the contract we have at the moment is with Reebok and although Adidas own Reebok they are still seperate companies thus us having a binding contract with Reebok.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion