Where's the best place you've been?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:42 am

Talacre  :p sort of a mix between thailand , the maldives and quetta with a little smidge of scotty thrown in. That hotel in quetta woof, looks better than the caravan we stayed in last summer :D . Lazy idilic strolles along the oil drentched beach and camel trecks on the coast road to Rhyl. As much weed as you can smoke, who needs pakistan or the dam. :;):
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:42 am

woof woof ! wrote:The area around Montpelier is really nice Cig . Hire at car and explore some lovely seaside places (  eg Sete ) get some great seafood ,oysters squid etc. If you drive inland for about an hour to places like Bedarieux and Saint Guillaume le Desert , you'll find the real france , it is popular with tourists but none of them are from Leeds    :D

Ive heard of Mont Pelier I have looked at flights to Nice and Sardinia, but havent got a clue as to what places are nice.

Thanx for that Woof at least I wont bump into Judge there :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:45 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Lazy idilic strolles along the oil drentched beach and camel treks on the coast road to Rhyl.

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:45 am

Ciggy wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:The area around Montpelier is really nice Cig . Hire at car and explore some lovely seaside places (  eg Sete ) get some great seafood ,oysters squid etc. If you drive inland for about an hour to places like Bedarieux and Saint Guillaume le Desert , you'll find the real france , it is popular with tourists but none of them are from Leeds    :D

Ive heard of Mont Pelier I have looked at flights to Nice and Sardinia, but havent got a clue as to what places are nice.

Nice is alright, the English Promenade down by the Sea is nice and the Palace. Other than that it's pretty hit and miss IMO, many better places in South France. 

My best memory of Nice is watching us beat Manure in the FA Cup in an Irish pub down near the promenade  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:49 am

Ciggy wrote:

Sardinia is supposed to be really nice Cig . As for Montpellier Ryanair do cheap flights, I'm going for a week (in mid July) tickets with airport taxes etc cost me just under £100. Check out their web site.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:52 am

The Grotto Azures on Capri. It's worth the trip in itself. I remember floating in there with a couple of friends in this little canoe which these guys punt you in and out for a few quid. When you go in to this little crack in the rocky wall, everything is dark and fairly uninspiring, but when you get to the back of the cave and look back, the whole caern bursts into this amazing blue light. I've never seen something that beautiful before or since.
Capri is just a short boat trip from Serento and Naples and is a great little island with secluded beaches, fantastic walks and some good restaurants. Naples is a good city to visit as well. Though as I type this, the city is entering another day without refuse collection. It is a major problem at the moment as rubbish rots in the streets and has been doing so for well over a month now. When this clears up, the town is a great slice of Italian life. And Vesuvius is brlliant (pompeii included).

If you want to go to America, try Seattle. Its not touristy, it has lots to see (Space Needle, Pike Place Market, Music Experience, Museums, Mountains, Lakes and Seas) and the people are great. They're like Canadians but with a better dress sense and higher standards, and that's saying nothing bad about Canadians. If you don't want to do the naff, touristy, trashy, obese America, check out Seattle. It's great.

If I had to fill a top 5, I'd throw in Sicily, Amsterdam and The Whole of Dumfries & Galloway (The best bit of Scotland).
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:53 am

Where the hell did all those freakin' text adverts come from!?!
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:54 am

Ciggy wrote:I am thinking of the South of France or Italy this summer any recommendations guys as to where is nice?
I want to avoid holiday resorts cant be @rsed with millions of holiday makers getting p1ssed in Englund tops and Donnay flip flops.

Try northern cyprus which is the turkish side. Its a little bit more expensive to get there than the other side but once there hotels are great beaches superb and you dont bump in to the lad from round the corner. i go all the time and ended up having a villa built there. You can get a pint of effes (no pun intended to you effes lol) for about 70p ciggys 50p apacket and the food is dirt cheap its just a beautiful place
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:18 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Ciggy wrote:I am thinking of the South of France or Italy this summer any recommendations guys as to where is nice?
I want to avoid holiday resorts cant be @rsed with millions of holiday makers getting p1ssed in Englund tops and Donnay flip flops.

The area around Montpelier is really nice Cig . Hire at car and explore some lovely seaside places (  eg Sete ) get some great seafood ,oysters squid etc. If you drive inland for about an hour to places like Bedarieux and Saint Guillaume le Desert , you'll find the real france , it is popular with tourists but none of them are from Leeds    :D

I would of suggested Montpelier, I visited their a couple of years back. It was a very nice place, nice town center where the trams run though and all the coffee shops and resturants sit in the main square if you like.

I think its a little bit of a drive to the beach so you'll need a car or bus. Like I said it was very nice, maybe a bit boring for some. Good seafood in in some of the resturants by the little port, go only where the locals eat even if the place looks a bit of a dive the food will be top notch.

We did drive from Montpelier down to Papion (sp) I think, more or less on the Spain/France border, again another quant little fishing town with markets and what not, very nice on the eye.

There certainly wont be any of the "English mob" sporting Donnay flip flops.  :D
66-1112520797

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:06 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Talacre  :p sort of a mix between thailand , the maldives and quetta with a little smidge of scotty thrown in. That hotel in quetta woof, looks better than the caravan we stayed in last summer :D . Lazy idilic strolles along the oil drentched beach and camel trecks on the coast road to Rhyl. As much weed as you can smoke, who needs pakistan or the dam. :;):

talacre, we had a caravan there when i was a kid     :D
112-1077774096

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:56 am

peewee wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Talacre  :p sort of a mix between thailand , the maldives and quetta with a little smidge of scotty thrown in. That hotel in quetta woof, looks better than the caravan we stayed in last summer :D . Lazy idilic strolles along the oil drentched beach and camel trecks on the coast road to Rhyl. As much weed as you can smoke, who needs pakistan or the dam. :;):

talacre, we had a caravan there when i was a kid     :D

Very exotic ,don't yer think pee :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:03 pm

Maui is a beautiful Hawaiin island.  It has everything from beaches, rainforest to deserts.  Watching the sunrise whilst at the top of the dormant volcano is fantastic.  The crater resembles the surface of the moon.

Sri Lanka is also another fantastic place.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Sabre » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:05 pm

Almost any Spanish resort that is not crowded by tourists is Ok for me.

The best place? Maybe La ALhambra in Granada.

Walking through this pillars and carvings is something that puts you 10 centuries back in a moment. The people from the south is nice, and there's good fiesta so I liked it a lot.

Ireland was nice, with it's ancient ruins, and nice people, and beer, but well, not that impressive back in the nineties. France? France is for the french. I have them 30Km away. THey're boring. I liked the south of Portugal too, and Morocco? well, it has it's charm, but once being there I wouldn't come back.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:20 pm

I've been to Granada which is a very nice city. Walking through The Alhambra Palace is quite magical, as you say it takes you way back into the past. The carvings, the fountains etc are spectacular.
The views from the palace overlooking the mountains in the distance are fantastic.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby EddieC » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:31 pm

Bognor Regis :D
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum