What were you doing - The morning of 9/11

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby lakes10 » Fri May 02, 2008 4:24 pm

I was working for Merrily Lynch in London and had just got off the phone to a mate in the 2nd Tower when the first tower was hit.
We had the tv's on in the office and was trying to get back to our friends on the phone.

when they come down we was told we had to leave the building as we might be next as it was an American back. I made my way home.

the next 2 weeks was spent trying to find out how many work mates we had lost, lucky the guy i had just been on the phone too got out ok.
Last edited by lakes10 on Fri May 02, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri May 02, 2008 4:34 pm

Its strange when it hits home - I remember the July 7 (hate the expression 7/7 - so American, I wonder if it was the day after would they call it 7/8 the way americans do!) bombing and I couldn't phone some workmates as phones not working over there - hadn't known about the bombings at that time.

Television cannot really get it across.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri May 02, 2008 4:41 pm

andy_g wrote:
and lee j - you're an ignorant bigoted moron  :)

why? for having my own opinion? ok then, I must be.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat May 03, 2008 1:11 am

1) Fold a $20 bill in half...

2) Fold again, taking care to fold it exactly as below

3) Fold the other end, exactly as before

4) Now, simply turn it over...       

What a coincidence! A simple geometric fold creates a catastrophic premonition printed on all $20 bills!!!
COINCIDENCE?        YOU DECIDE

As if that wasn't enough. Here is what you've seen...

Firstly The Pentagon on fire...       

Then  The  Twin Towers.

..And now .. look at this!

TRIPLE COINCIDENCE ON A SIMPLE $20 BILL       
It gets even better!! 9 + 11=$20!!

Recieved this one right after the history mystery one then this topic is raised ! another coincidence !

Anyway back to topic, I remember hearing about it on the news but didnt pay much attention to it then when it showed a video of an onlooker through there camera filming it it really hit home. I was scared just watching that, so I cannot guess what people thought in america.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat May 03, 2008 2:41 am

Well i did that and i never saw the Pentagon on fire.................................................though it was Australian 20 dollar bill  :p
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat May 03, 2008 9:47 am

Lee J wrote:
andy_g wrote:
and lee j - you're an ignorant bigoted moron  :)

why? for having my own opinion? ok then, I must be.

the informed opinion that you hate the muslim religion and its contents and that they make your skin crawl is all your own work?

:laugh:

i'm sorry, i underestimated you.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Sat May 03, 2008 1:06 pm

I was in the army at the time working in a wee security room when it happened, and it still keeps me interested all of these coincidences, although it was a tragedy what happened.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Sat May 03, 2008 2:01 pm

Kharhaz wrote:1) Fold a $20 bill in half...

What a coincidence! A simple geometric fold creates a catastrophic premonition printed on all $20 bills!!!

Then  The  Twin Towers.

Recieved this one right after the history mystery one then this topic is raised ! another coincidence !

Anyway back to topic, I remember hearing about it on the news but didnt pay much attention to it then when it showed a video of an onlooker through there camera filming it it really hit home. I was scared just watching that, so I cannot guess what people thought in america.

i told bush to fold a bill 3 days before the tragedy....did he do it...no he didnt
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat May 03, 2008 4:19 pm

Kharhaz wrote:1) Fold a $20 bill in half...

Then  The  Twin Towers.

Also, if you fold a one dollar bill the right way, it shows several Arabic men boarding planes with box cutting knives.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat May 03, 2008 5:37 pm

Lee J wrote:was at work and on the BBC website as it was happening we couldn't believe it. Had a friend who attended the scene as he worked as a fireman over there. I say 'had'...  you know the rest. He wasn't a close friend just someone I met when I was over there - we kept in touch.

that incident was the start of my hatred of religion and in particular Muslims.

Im not afraid to say it, they make my skin crawl.

You shouldn't have a hatred of religion or Muslims. Religion is just an ethos that just lends itself to practically the same idea of any that's ever been conceived, and that's spirituality. The idea itself is harmless. It's just human nature to hate someone or something that has a different idea than what you do, no matter what the idea is. Just look at internet forums. Those alone will tell you that humanity is f*cked. There's nothing but constant arguing, but that's the nature of the beat that is mankind. Religion should be a personal thing. It is for myself anyway. It's when it becomes a way of life that is the problem. For Muslims, it is such. And when you get an entire collective race of people that believe in such old and radical ways, then it becomes dangerous when dangerous minds start to twist it and abuse it. I've no trouble with the ethos of Islam itself, but it is disconcerting how many people who have adopted it take it as literally and as seriously as they do. I'm a Catholic, and if someone offended Jesus or Mary by whatever means, I would take an offense to it, but not so much that I'd want to hack your head off.

Anyway, I'm ranting. My point is, that no matter what it is that we as people would choose to believe in as a collective, be it believing in Micky Mouse as a god, or even supporting a football team, we'll always find an excuse to be at war with one another or hate one another. It's said that as a species we are fundamentally insane; put two people in the same room and lock them in under harsh conditions and eventually they'll pick a side.

Anyway, to answer the topic poster's question: I was in the back of a black taxi on my way down to the job center. I remember the day the sun was splitting the trees, and the sky would pale blue and cloudless. Just how it was in NY. Anyway, 9/11 was only memorable because it was America and NY. The media made it a grand event. What I'll say is this: why doesn't anyone ask the question of "Where were you the day Muslims started getting slaughtered in Serbia?" Or, "Where were you the day thousands got slaughtered in Rwanda?" Much bigger events. Far greater lose of life. No one cared because they were poor black people in Africa. It's incredible that things like this are allowed to happen because of richer nations reluctance to do anything about it. Yet when the rich are attacked, different story.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:08 am

By the way there is a book coming out called " The Morning Of"  it all about what others where doing that moring.
not sure when its out or if its out now.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 05, 2008 10:03 am

I have a deep hatred of religion.

They all preach that only their believers will go to heaven "or whatever their one's reward is e.g. good reincarnation" and that people that dont' follow will go to hell - don't question!

The church for centuries made no attempt to spread literacy as illiterates are easier to rule, they persuaded the poor to give 10% of their tiny earnings to the church to help them go to heaven, the church then build huge buildings which looked down on the village as a constant reminder to the locals who was in power. They also basically sold forgiveness and entry to heaven.

It was a total shakedown.

Before Christianity, other religions had their own gods which rewarded soldiers who died in battle.

Relgion is a con used to get the superstitious to die for nothing but the gain of wealth by the powerful.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 05, 2008 1:06 pm

Big Niall wrote:I have a deep hatred of religion.

They all preach that only their believers will go to heaven "or whatever their one's reward is e.g. good reincarnation" and that people that dont' follow will go to hell - don't question!

The church for centuries made no attempt to spread literacy as illiterates are easier to rule, they persuaded the poor to give 10% of their tiny earnings to the church to help them go to heaven, the church then build huge buildings which looked down on the village as a constant reminder to the locals who was in power. They also basically sold forgiveness and entry to heaven.

Before Christianity, other religions had their own gods which rewarded soldiers who died in battle.

Relgion is a con used to get the superstitious to die for nothing but the gain of wealth by the powerful.

great post.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon May 05, 2008 2:00 pm

Big Niall wrote:I have a deep hatred of religion.

Brilliant
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby GOAT » Mon May 05, 2008 2:02 pm

I was 12 years old - didnt have a great deal of understanding about it at the time, very shocking stuff though
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum