What were you doing - The morning of 9/11

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 02, 2008 12:20 pm

Yeah i seen that one Wooly, they picked some day to do a documentry.

I really thought that the events off that day were going to kick off WW3, thankfully it didnt
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 02, 2008 12:26 pm

I was chatting to some girls on MSN (This was shortly before I was banned by my wife from using MSN :D ) One of them was watching the news and told us to turn it on quickly. First reports where that up to 50,000 had been killed and I was in total shock. I thought the bombs would be dropping on the middle east within hours, as soon as it was clear it was no accident.
account deleted by request

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri May 02, 2008 12:42 pm

I worked as a production supervisor at the time ,and i was on the shop floor as usual making sure the lines were running ok and that sort of sh!t.

Anyway the factory owner was a pakistani fella who was a real mingebag, he mostly employed imogrants from iran and iraq and that genral area.

Well when it came on the radio what had happened all hell broke loose. THe iranians were blaming the iraquis , the iraquis were blaming the iranians. The turks were blaming both , the russians were blaming the yanks and the Evertonians were blaming LFC. It was complete mayhem, we had to call the police and ambulance in the end as the place was a bloodbath. The owner just kept on saying ,"what about the production lines ,how am i going to get my curry out ". Went home after the lads were taken to nick or the ozzy and sat infront of the telly for the rest of the day. Sureal to say the least.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri May 02, 2008 12:47 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:and the Evertonians were blaming LFC.

:laugh:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Fri May 02, 2008 1:17 pm

strange that the US put the date back to front, anyway, its more wierd that 9/11 is the number you try for emergency services.

is that significant or what!
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri May 02, 2008 1:33 pm

Lee J wrote:was at work and on the BBC website as it was happening we couldn't believe it. Had a friend who attended the scene as he worked as a fireman over there. I say 'had'...  you know the rest. He wasn't a close friend just someone I met when I was over there - we kept in touch.

that incident was the start of my hatred of religion and in particular Muslims.

Im not afraid to say it, they make my skin crawl.

You'd be safer editing that mate!
If certain people see it there will a major handbags session in here!  :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri May 02, 2008 1:37 pm

was in school, which is about 8 miles from D.C. and lots of people's parents work in D.C. some people even had parents that worked in the Pentagon. Someone from my american fotball team was also a volunteer firefighter and he was called down to help out. We were stuck in the gym for hours waiting for information, there were rumors that cars were blowing up in the city left and right. Still, the D.C. Sniper was a MUCH scarier time some of the shootings happened within a mile of where I was driving, people were afraid to go outside, and some idiot pulled the fire alarm because they didn't want to take a test and there was a sniper on a bank building across the street when we all exited and everybody was freaking out, turns out it was a cop who was there looking for the other sniper, but still utter chaos.
JoeTerp

Postby Big Niall » Fri May 02, 2008 1:55 pm

I was at work, somebody mentioned a plane crashing and we all assumed it was an accident, somebody joked about a :censored: pilot.

Then every half hour there was something new, e.g. second crash, first tower collapses, second tower etc,.

Hopefully the strangest day I ever experience.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri May 02, 2008 2:05 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Lee J wrote:was at work and on the BBC website as it was happening we couldn't believe it. Had a friend who attended the scene as he worked as a fireman over there. I say 'had'...  you know the rest. He wasn't a close friend just someone I met when I was over there - we kept in touch.

you have to remember these were only a handful of muslims lee, not the 1 billion that are around today, and they certainly dont represent the interests of that population of people.

in life, its always the minority that spoil it for the majority

furthermore, i wonder if you hate the muslims who died working that day in the towers?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 02, 2008 2:15 pm

Number 9 wrote:

Well he cant edit it now that you have quoted it Barry  :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri May 02, 2008 2:17 pm

In morning nothing, it happened my time in the evening and its 11/9, i dont live in the 51st state just yet .
I was actually on PC and a wargaming buddy jumped on ICQ and told me that plane had hit a building in New York. I thought he meant a light plane like a cessna and turn on the TV and didnt leave the sofa for next 24 hours or so
Quite surreal the way it was played out on TV
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri May 02, 2008 2:19 pm

I was actually working at Stansted airport, as part of a sumemr job whilst at Uni. I was meant to work 4 hours in their call centre (situated in the terminal building) and i ended up work 14 hours! It was strange to start with...because as the planes started crashing into the WTC no one rang up, bar one woman during the first hour.

"Good after noon Stansted Airport" I said on answering her call.

"the planes that are crashing, are they British?" she stammered.

"No, they are internal US flights" I replied

"thank god for that!!" she replied and then hung up!

I spent the rest of the day working my :censored: off answering 100s of calls.  Later in the day the cleaner (who was muslim and asian) came down to empty the bins, like he did everyday....sadly for him the Airport Police didn't know him and 3 armed coppers burst in looking alarmed and wanting to know who he was and what he was doing.  Poor bloke, it took 5 mins for us to tell the police he was the clearner!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri May 02, 2008 3:56 pm

just to clear something up...

I was refering to the Muslim religion and it's contents.

Not saying I hate all Muslim people, Mr.Siddique from the corner shop is ok.

Only joking, theres good and bad in all walks of life but like Judge says, it only takes a few to spoil it for the rest.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri May 02, 2008 4:04 pm

I was at school that day if I can remember, came back home in the afternoon and was told from my friend that a plane hit some building in the U.S. I didn't know it was a terrorist attack at first, I thought some technical problems in the plane so they had to land, but landed on one of the towers, until the second one hit, so it was very weird for me, until I got the message that it was a terrorist attack (I was 14 years old back then).

I was studying in an american school in beirut, so I saw the depression in many of the american teachers and students who were attending the school.

sad day that was

by the way

Lee J - F*ck off :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri May 02, 2008 4:05 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:
andy_g wrote:i was beginning the morning shift working at the grapes on roscoe street (the best pub in liverpool if not the world about 5 or 6 years ago). a mate came in and told me they'd 'flown two planes into the world trade centre'. at first i thought it was probably a couple of little light aircraft flown by a couple of crazies - then i saw the telly...

???

It was 2pm over here mate.

morning was a relative term in those days  :D

and lee j - you're an ignorant bigoted moron  :)

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum