What's your worst enemy?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby tonyeh » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:51 am

Having to work for a living...
tonyeh

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:49 pm

Lee J wrote:
Judge wrote:oi igor, i paid for my own degrees out of my own pocket when i was younger. ive always paid my taxes and never been on the dole

until your boss realises you spend all day on here and not working then he'll fire your as$ and you'll be on the 'rock n roll' mate.

a bit difficult when i am the boss  :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:02 pm

Judge wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Currently, the Flu, Cold, or whatever the feck you want to call it. I've a chest infection and when the coughing starts, mercy. It's kicking the sweet fuck out of me. Drugs are  a load of bollox. Everyone (apart from antibiotics) are designed to do just one thing: numb the pain. They don't cure like most people think, so most drugs are f*cking useless and that's a fact.

drugs are designed to numb pain as you say, but by doing that it relieves symptoms, thus allowing to rest easy, so the bodies natural defences can concentrate on getting you better - FACT

Aye, but do they cure you? That's just your body doing the work. Ask any honest doctor (if you can find one) and he'll tell you the same thing I just wrote. Most drugs are bollox.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Most drugs are bollox.

especially in chinese medicine

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:19 pm

This farking place! :angry:  I'd have cured cancer, solved world hunger and bailed out the world economy single handedly by now if I didn't spend so much time debating the finer points of 'Rafa style' with you ingrates! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:29 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Judge wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Currently, the Flu, Cold, or whatever the feck you want to call it. I've a chest infection and when the coughing starts, mercy. It's kicking the sweet fuck out of me. Drugs are  a load of bollox. Everyone (apart from antibiotics) are designed to do just one thing: numb the pain. They don't cure like most people think, so most drugs are f*cking useless and that's a fact.

drugs are designed to numb pain as you say, but by doing that it relieves symptoms, thus allowing to rest easy, so the bodies natural defences can concentrate on getting you better - FACT

Aye, but do they cure you? That's just your body doing the work. Ask any honest doctor (if you can find one) and he'll tell you the same thing I just wrote. Most drugs are bollox.

definition of what a drug is in medicinal terms

a natural or artificial substance given to treat or prevent disease or to lessen pain

just to clarify what i said
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:03 pm

Hot whisky with cloves in it!
Get into bed and sweat it out of ya,keep drinking plenty of water so you dont dehydrate! :nod

Plus stop crying about it that does'nt help either,ya wont get any sympathy on here mate...Im sure you know that anyway!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Number 9 wrote:

Hot whisky with cloves in it!
Get into bed and sweat it out of ya,keep drinking plenty of water so you dont dehydrate! :nod

Plus stop crying about it that does'nt help either,ya wont get any sympathy on here mate...Im sure you know that anyway!! :D

Not from you anyway Barry! I bet you have already started on Emeralds Tombstone.  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:12 pm

:laugh:
I think he'll survive mate...at least I tried to help!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:18 pm

Number 9 wrote: :laugh:
I think he'll survive mate...

:laugh:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:20 pm

Judge wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Judge wrote:

definition of what a drug is in medicinal terms

a natural or artificial substance given to treat or prevent disease or to lessen pain

just to clarify what i said

I'm not arguing. I'm just saying they're bollox is all. Whiskey works just as well.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:57 pm

it depends emerald, anti histamine drugs are used sometimes to stop allergies or colds.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:09 pm

Vaccines save plenty of lives
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:48 pm

Who ever said drugs cure colds?  ???

First I've heard
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby metalhead » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:05 pm

GOAT_2.0 wrote:Who ever said drugs cure colds?  ???

First I've heard

they don't, they relieve the symptoms such as runny nose, but physically you stay tired.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum