Worst adverts - Ever !

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:49 am

Now, watching telly, just seen the eastenders ad with Pudsey Palmer singing a Jackson 5 song. And it got me wondering, who on earth thought "What better way to get people watching this tripe and to get the ugliest bint ever to be on the show (nay, television in general) with the worst voice ever? I know we will get her to sing !"

There are many stinkers out there, the spice girls shopping at sainsbury (or whatever its BS), but this is right up there. Can anyone think of worst ones?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:36 am

Anything that involves f*ckin 'tena lady' or 'wings' etc...when im eating me tea  :angry:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:04 am

The prat who's arranging a £25,000 loan on the phone , acts like he's 15 and is ordering a pizza with extra toppings, I wanna take the phone out of his hand and smash him over the head with it.  :angry:

Repeatedly
Last edited by woof woof ! on Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:02 am

Worst for me has to be as-duhs price comparison boasting, yeah we get it you think you're cheaper than Tesco.

Cannot stick ads these days, freeview brought with it repeats, repeats, more repeats and more adverts. Some are ok as one offs but they spawn sequels like they're a classic or something.

Halifax
DFS sale
as-duh (worst)
compare the whatever price
any car insurance
accident claims
morrisons
every sh1thole helps
post office and their has been "celebs"
"it doesn't work like that"
And many many more
red bull, yeh we get it, it gives you wings

I'd like to see short ads for songs in the charts, would help their sales and rather than listen to hours of the charts you get a taster. I like the NOW999 ads for that reason, but they only sample a few songs from a double album. Even better if they were to use the chart singles on the ads for whatever, two in one that might make people watch the ad...................

When was the last time anyone thought an ad was clever?

Ads aren't what they used to be, fun and original. Cleverest ad for me was bringing back the old aquafresh ad.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:07 am

woof woof ! wrote:The prat who's arranging a £25,000 loan on the phone , acts like he's 15 and is ordering a pizza with extra toppings, I wanna take the phone out of his hand and smash him over the head with it.  :angry:

Repeatedly

hate that picture loan advert
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:25 am

Spot on Owzat... fckin absolutely hate the Halifax ads but most of all I hate the BBC advertising its own shit... aka "RRRRIIIIICCCKKKKKEEEEEYYYYYYY".  Haven't got time for any of the "soaps"

On the other hand the VW "I'm a man" Jack Russell advert is one of the best ever
PhiLFC

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:34 am

bloke who asid he was given the wrong ladder and fell, claiming 15k... why didnt he just look at the ladder and say 'i got the wrong ladder'

and that fat bird who falls over on the water, stupid bint.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:36 am

dawson99 wrote:bloke who asid he was given the wrong ladder and fell, claiming 15k... why didnt he just look at the ladder and say 'i got the wrong ladder'

and that fat bird who falls over on the water, stupid bint.

you make me laugh dawson  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:42 am

The fabric softener ad with the rastafarian people made of blankets gives me the willies. :(
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby PhiLFC » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:48 am

JBG wrote:The fabric softener ad with the rastafarian people made of blankets gives me the willies. :(

blankets  :D
PhiLFC

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:21 pm

dawson99 wrote:bloke who asid he was given the wrong ladder and fell, claiming 15k... why didnt he just look at the ladder and say 'i got the wrong ladder'

Exactly. He could have at least asked if he wasn't sure, not that it takes a rocket scientist to work out the ladder would slip!

Tripping over strapping - look where you walk dear

Slipping on the wet floor - I'd have questioned her choice of footwear

And that advert where the kid in the back seat hits the woman driving and kills her, the seatbelt ad. Oh please belt up, she wasn't looking where she was going so she got what was coming to her. I mean it's not like she's a spy and the van was following her ffs
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum