Virgin media broad band - T0ssers

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 07, 2007 7:49 pm

I originally went with Blueyonder broadband as they were the only truly unlimited broadband. Since Virgin took over the service has deteriorated and now they have introduced caps on downloads! B@stards!

Those on tier M who download over 350MB during peak hours will have their downstream speed restricted to 1Mbps, and upstream to 128Kbps, for four hours.

Those on tier L who download over 750MB during peak hours will have their downstream speed restricted to 2Mbps, and upstream to 192Kbps, for four hours.

The top rung service, XL, will see users downloading over 3GB in peak hours having their downstream speed restricted to 5Mbps, and 256Kbps upstream.

I am on tier L so that means if I download just an xvid and come on here while it downloads I will be capped. Whats the use in having 4mb downloads if you cant use it to download DVD's.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Mon May 07, 2007 7:58 pm

That upload/download ratios are ridiculous. And those dirty tricks to get customers are not only used in your country, but alongside Europe.

Indeed some companies put that kind of restrictions, and indeed it's a waste of time. I suggest you to take your time to read the small letter as most companies put it somewhere :angry: . I had some problems with Telefonica aswell until I found the 20Gb down, 1 Gb up of this new company.

It's not only a problem for downloading films, as online game watching also requires quite a lot of bandwidth. I'm surprised they put only 750Mb as limit, as it's nothing at certain download speeds.

The reason to this caps, are at least in Europe, economical and due to the pressure of copyright holders. But at least in Spain and France, there's still bandwidth with no limitations. As it should be.

The broadband companies are a shame. :angry: to sign them up, they're kind, but to dump them you nearly have to send a letter to the King of Spain.

P.S. I meant 20Mega BIT per second, and 1 MegaBIT, not Giga.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon May 07, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon May 07, 2007 8:30 pm

im on XL and wasnt aware they where capping the service, cheers for the heads-up
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby daxy1 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:19 am

im on xl with virgin and everyday at 1pm the fecker goes off till 2.30pm :censored: ive got an engineer coming out so i will ask him about this?

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 08, 2007 9:23 am

daxy1 wrote:im on xl with virgin and everyday at 1pm the fecker goes off till 2.30pm :censored: ive got an engineer coming out so i will ask him about this?

LINK

The link to the story Daxy1
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue May 08, 2007 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby daxy1 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:29 am

s@int wrote:
daxy1 wrote:im on xl with virgin and everyday at 1pm the fecker goes off till 2.30pm :censored: ive got an engineer coming out so i will ask him about this?

LINK

The link to the story Daxy1

cheers mate barstewards virin has gone down hill fast

i cant really kick up a fuss with them
they are doing three boxes 1 of them v+
with full sports movies every channel
talk unlimited for she who likes to talk
8mb broadband all for £59 a month

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 08, 2007 11:07 am

I've been with BT for several years , I notified them earlier this year that I wanted to cancel my contract .I then recieved a call from them asking why . I told them that 2mb speed plus a cap on downloads for £27 pound a month wasn't competitive.

They immediately offered me 8mb speed and completely unlimited downloads for £22 pound a month.Still not the cheapest on the market but they're pretty reliable . They've even given me a special number that puts me through to a dedicated fault team in the UK should I have any problems with the service.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby joko » Tue May 08, 2007 1:02 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
They immediately offered me 8mb speed and completely unlimited downloads for £22 pound a month .

woof woof asking for some additional speed

:D
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 08, 2007 6:06 pm

This is what they sent me.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Tue May 08, 2007 7:23 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I've been with BT for several years , I notified them earlier this year that I wanted to cancel my contract .I then recieved a call from them asking why . I told them that 2mb speed plus a cap on downloads for £27 pound a month wasn't competitive.

They immediately offered me 8mb speed and completely unlimited downloads for £22 pound a month.Still not the cheapest on the market but they're pretty reliable . They've even given me a special number that puts me through to a dedicated fault team in the UK should I have any problems with the service.

its amazing what you can get from these people when you phone up to cancel.

ive never once had anyone say ok then bye  :D
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby red37 » Thu May 10, 2007 11:49 pm

Saint. whats that link where you can test your own connection speed?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 11, 2007 12:09 am

Theres loads Red just do a search under broadband speed tests. basic speed test

This ones a good basic one, just click on test - dont bother filling in postcode etc it still works mate. Just make sure you scroll down to read results.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri May 11, 2007 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby red37 » Fri May 11, 2007 1:42 am

Ta mate. 4.3 ...pretty much what i expected. Though as soon as im able to, this shower of :censored: will be getting kicked into touch.  :no

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby joko » Sat May 12, 2007 4:36 pm

woof woof ! wrote: :D

This is what they sent me.

ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Tue May 15, 2007 1:48 am

I owed £18 on the rest of my bill which wasnt due till the end of the month as I get it early. As soon as I got the bill for me connection I paid 40 quid. The feckers reduced my connection  then disconnected me altogether then sent a letter saying "contact us through email" if you have problems paying !
I got on the blower to them telling them whats happened, "oh yeah I see what you mean"
NTL were bad, virgin are exactly what there name is.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum