Twitter - Who tweets?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby tubby » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:51 pm

Simple question. Just wondering how many here use it?

LFCTV feed is great to follow. Plenty of others too....
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:35 am

bavlondon wrote:Simple question. Just wondering how many here use it?

LFCTV feed is great to follow. Plenty of others too....

What is twitter and what is tweeting? ???
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:41 am

Oh Twitter is a social networking site where you are always updating your status with 'what you are doing' or any other news. It's like a blog which is being updated all the time. I find it quite handy on my phone as an alternative way to keep up with news especially about the club via my phone.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:41 pm

bavlondon wrote:Oh Twitter is a social networking site where you are always updating your status with 'what you are doing' or any other news. It's like a blog which is being updated all the time. I find it quite handy on my phone as an alternative way to keep up with news especially about the club via my phone.

more like facebook? ???
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:43 pm

Not for me thanks
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:52 pm

never bothered myself, i'm on facebook but don't really bother with that much either
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:59 pm

You fecking stonage :censored:.s. :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:32 pm

You see you lot are all living in the stoneages. Get tweeting! :D

REDS ATTRACT 14,000 FANS ON TWITTER
Paul Eaton 29 March 2009

Liverpool FC are thrilled to announce we now have more than 14,000 supporters from all over the world following our fast-moving stream of personalised updates on Twitter, the new social networking website that has taken the web by storm in recent months.
LFC became the first Premier League club to set up an official presence on Twitter when it launched http://twitter.com/LFCTV earlier this year and, despite a low key launch, it has fast become the biggest football Twitter site in the world.

All fans who sign up to follow us on Twitter get to keep up to date with life behind the scenes of the club's official website (Liverpoolfc.tv) and TV channel (LFC TV).

The service is 100 per cent free to use and takes just seconds to sign up. Simply log on to http://twitter.com/LFCTV, follow the simple signing up instructions and you can 'follow' all of LFCTV's updates – all wrapped up in 140 characters or less.

And for those who've never heard of Twitter, don't panic – here's all you need to know…

What is Twitter?

A micro-blogging site (like the 'status update' on Facebook) that allows individuals and groups to share what they are currently doing with people who choose to 'follow' them. Whereas on Facebook you have 'friends' who can see your profile, on Twitter you have 'followers'.

Why have LFC set up a Twitter presence?

To open up new lines of communication with supporters, further improve our online interaction with fans and to reach passionate Reds from all over the world who may not currently visit the website or view the LFC TV channel on a daily basis.

A brand new re-designed Liverpoolfc.tv website is due to launch later this year and one of the key improvements that fans will see is a new User Generated Content channel with the ability for supporters to publish their own blogs, videos and pictures and comment on content posted by fellow supporters. The new UGC channel will allow fans to publish the content they want to read, watch and look at – and not just rely on the official content that is featured within the news channel on the site.

Through this new channel on the soon to re-launch official site and an official presence on sites such as Twitter and Facebook, LFC is determined to get even closer than ever before to fans all over the world.

What sort of updates can fans expect to read if they follow LFCTV's 'tweets'?

Rather than simply replicating the official website's news headlines list or telling people what shows are on LFC TV, we're trying to give supporters a little bit of an insight into what really happens at the club – through the behind the scenes goings on at LFC TV and the official website.

How many people follow LFC TV?

At the time of writing, we're on 14,099 followers. We've still got some way to go before we rival Twitter's most popular site - CNN Breaking News - which has over 600,000 followers but there's no reason why LFCTV can't catch up with the likes of bands like Coldplay who have over 100,000 followers.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:55 pm

twitter, facebook, myspace, friendsreunited.bebo? etc etc.. all of them are evil i tells ya!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:04 pm

metalhead wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Oh Twitter is a social networking site where you are always updating your status with 'what you are doing' or any other news. It's like a blog which is being updated all the time. I find it quite handy on my phone as an alternative way to keep up with news especially about the club via my phone.

more like facebook? ???

Yes, but apparently  Twitter is more popular among the younger people, where as facebook is more popular in older people.

I'm not too fan of this virtual networks. My friends and I have our own forum and we share everything there. Facebook is only interesting perhaps to find old school friends, because I don't see the point for instance in talk newkitters there if I can find them here.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:06 pm

i'm a moderator. i have no time to tweet :angry:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:08 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:14 pm

sorry, in answer

i dont use it
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Sabre wrote:
metalhead wrote:

more like facebook? ???

Yes, but apparently  Twitter is more popular among the younger people, where as facebook is more popular in older people.

I'm not too fan of this virtual networks. My friends and I have our own forum and we share everything there. Facebook is only interesting perhaps to find old school friends, because I don't see the point for instance in talk newkitters there if I can find them here.

It is a handy alternative to say an RSS reader. For example I have several pages bookmarked for when new articles are posted on my RSS reader. Twitter works the same way more or less only it is slightly more personalised.

The tweets from the club are great, lot's of posts every day.

As for which is popular with which age group I would say both twitter and facebook are synonomous with younger/middle aged group. You can of course link your twitter to facebook for when updating your status.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:02 pm

stmichael wrote:i'm a moderator. i have no time to tweet :angry:  :D

That riera clips mesmerizing
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Next

Return to General Chat Forum