This 'ere myth - One sided bullying

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:07 am

red37 wrote:I've already told him that Bob.

And aCe - it was me who agreed to have you reinstated even after you kicked off via PM after that event. So don't start getting silly.

Best move on.

Kicked off via PM ?!
i'd love it if you send me those pms... on second thought im pretty sure i still have them if you would like to see them...
if you'd like everyone to see them i wouldnt mind posting them but lets not start making sh!t up now ...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:14 am

s@int wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
bigmick wrote:So anyway my point is that the people who are long term posters who fell foul of the mods, are coincidently peoiple who have been on the side of the debate which has at times criticised the manager. Like I say though, I've a hunch you already knew that anyway. Perhaps it's just coincidence, who knows.

Mick . at some point just about everybody has criticised the manager, admittedly some have gone on to make a career out of it and I guess those are the ones (for those that can be bothered to take any notice) that have come to be known as "Anti's.

I asked the question about fences because I resent you assuming that I sit on a particular side of any said fence, particularly when it just so happens you place me on the opposite side from banned members, the inference being that thier politics being different from mine influenced my (and other mods) decision when it came to issuing cards or bans.

Look at some high profile examples.
PeeWee, banned allowed back in then banned again, his banning had nothing to do with him being pro or anti , if you don't already know the reasons , ask s@int, he'll fill you in, even he feels PeeWee deserves a life ban for what he's been up to.

Stu, banned christ knows how many times allowed back in on several occasions, but was never banned because he was pro or anti, more through sheer volume of complaints received about his stinking attitude, one that was forcing other members to quit the forum

Barry, banned allowed back in banned again allowed back in currently on four cards and none of them issued because the mods thought he was too pro or anti

Lando, banned allowed back in , currently on four cards and more than likely to earn himself another which will bring a ban, but again not because the mods consider him to be pro or anti.

GBJH (aka Bill and several other alias') Self admitted WUM, good old bill mad about lfc here for a laugh and a bit of mischief even a wind up in the hillsborough thread was ok in his book. Well think on. Again, banned and not because he was pro or anti.

Think yer might be seeing a pattern here Mick ?
clue , people aren't carded or banned because thier poitics may differ from mine or indeed other mods.

FACT.

I don't want to get into ANOTHER argument with you woof but , shouldn't you be banned for disclosing what was in a personal message  :D

Seriously, Lando and Barry have been on 4 cards for a while now, their "style" of posting is still full of abuse, and I am pretty sure if they had been on one or two cards rather than four, their posts since would have got them many more cards.

I appreciate you don't want to ban them, but what is the point of giving them four cards if after that they are given carte blanch to continue their abusive ways?

Why, because without me and Barry you would have no-one to dig up your stats from the Manchester Utd website for, dear boy...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:21 am

aCe' wrote:

And aCe - it was me who agreed to have you reinstated even after you kicked off via PM after that event. So don't start getting silly.

Best move on.

Kicked off via PM ?!
i'd love it if you send me those pms... on second thought im pretty sure i still have them if you would like to see them...
if you'd like everyone to see them i wouldnt mind posting them but lets not start making sh!t up now ...

Do it.

And afterwards, have no place crying to SS to see if he will get me to decide whether or not to let you back in good faith as a result of your exclusion.  Because, you really should think about this first...i wont hesitate to issue a 5th card. You are baiting me and i will not tolerate that.

Like i say, its up to you here. I'm offering you the choice.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:26 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
s@int wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
bigmick wrote:So anyway my point is that the people who are long term posters who fell foul of the mods, are coincidently peoiple who have been on the side of the debate which has at times criticised the manager. Like I say though, I've a hunch you already knew that anyway. Perhaps it's just coincidence, who knows.

Mick . at some point just about everybody has criticised the manager, admittedly some have gone on to make a career out of it and I guess those are the ones (for those that can be bothered to take any notice) that have come to be known as "Anti's.

I asked the question about fences because I resent you assuming that I sit on a particular side of any said fence, particularly when it just so happens you place me on the opposite side from banned members, the inference being that thier politics being different from mine influenced my (and other mods) decision when it came to issuing cards or bans.

PeeWee, banned allowed back in then banned again, his banning had nothing to do with him being pro or anti , if you don't already know the reasons , ask s@int, he'll fill you in, even he feels PeeWee deserves a life ban for what he's been up to.

Stu, banned christ knows how many times allowed back in on several occasions, but was never banned because he was pro or anti, more through sheer volume of complaints received about his stinking attitude, one that was forcing other members to quit the forum

Barry, banned allowed back in banned again allowed back in currently on four cards and none of them issued because the mods thought he was too pro or anti

Lando, banned allowed back in , currently on four cards and more than likely to earn himself another which will bring a ban, but again not because the mods consider him to be pro or anti.

GBJH (aka Bill and several other alias') Self admitted WUM, good old bill mad about lfc here for a laugh and a bit of mischief even a wind up in the hillsborough thread was ok in his book. Well think on. Again, banned and not because he was pro or anti.

clue , people aren't carded or banned because thier poitics may differ from mine or indeed other mods.

FACT.

I don't want to get into ANOTHER argument with you woof but , shouldn't you be banned for disclosing what was in a personal message  :D

Seriously, Lando and Barry have been on 4 cards for a while now, their "style" of posting is still full of abuse, and I am pretty sure if they had been on one or two cards rather than four, their posts since would have got them many more cards.

I appreciate you don't want to ban them, but what is the point of giving them four cards if after that they are given carte blanch to continue their abusive ways?

Why, because without me and Barry you would have no-one to dig up your stats from the Manchester Utd website for, dear boy...

Just stating the truth mate, you know it just as well as anyone. You haven't toned down the abuse since you got your cards, yet miraculously the fifth card hasn't arrived.

You used to be a laugh, and I know you are a decent bloke but its started getting a bit much now mate.   

If they had applied the same rules now as they did when you got your other cards you know as well as me that you would have been banned some while ago.... true?

Like I said I can understand their reluctance, but what is the point of giving ANYONE 4 cards if after that they turn a blind eye and give them carte blanche to do as they please?
account deleted by request

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:31 am

red37 wrote:
aCe' wrote:

Best move on.

Kicked off via PM ?!

Do it.

And afterwards, have no place crying to SS to see if he will get me to decide whether or not to let you back in good faith as a result of your exclusion.  Because, you really should think about this first...i wont hesitate to issue a 5th card. You are baiting me and i will not tolerate that.

Like i say, its up to you here. I'm offering you the choice.

listen red... we both know that there WAS no kicking off via Pm or any of that... the other mods know it, i know it.. and so do you...

sorry but you'll have to wait for another day to issue that 5th card... glad we cleared that up  :kungfu:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:36 am

Thought so  :;):  Wise decision.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:53 am

red37 wrote:Unfortunately that simple mantra will never exist as a working reality. There is simply too diverse a demographic to contain and impose the model effectively. The best you can achieve is balance and hopefully an objectivity which is both equal and fair to ALL parties. This is where topics are arising, discussing the very same thing. People are feeling a sense of injustice...of an 'impartiality' that isn't seen to be practised.  Of favouritism and 'jobs for the boys' etc....

Right. Thats exactly it. What I offered as examples with Lando and Stu were two people who would offer an in your face explanation on what is happening. Neither Lando or Stu get on with everyone, but they dont mess you about either. Look through this topic, and indeed the topic starter. Big words dont help everyone. Ace, agree or disagree, he has a good point. Why was he banned? Why wasnt Ciggy? Ciggy is a long term member and one of the most respected members of this site, but her passion at times gets the better of her, and in this, this is where mick has a good point. The long term members currently have the advantage.

But here I will play my "hypocrisy" card, with ciggy, I know she has the club at heart, I also have a good idea of what ciggy stands for, and as a long term member, I myself will side with her, because that girl, I know as a long member of this forum, will love that city and club as long as she breathes.

Also in that same breath I can speak highly of Peewee, Saint, Bigmick, Bad Bob, Leon, Johnnymac, Red, Woof, LFC2007 (even though he would get under my skin),Lando, Supersub and Bam. When it comes to the club we all have something in common. We dont half love the buggers.

Its a crying shame when it comes to how it is now. The lack of respect. That is not down to the mods, its down to the members, im at fault for that also, we are so drawn into ourselves, when we each post we are right and thats it.

The fault currently is us older members, this is our forum but its also others. Mods included, if we can learn to climb of our high horse, we may just stand a chance of improving what we have now, lets not look at the post count, or the year we joined, but look at what is written. That could determine the overall difference on the future of this forum.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:08 am

Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:Seriously, Lando and Barry have been on 4 cards for a while now, their "style" of posting is still full of abuse, and I am pretty sure if they had been on one or two cards rather than four, their posts since would have got them many more cards.

Fair enough, maybe it just seems like "they are getting away with murder " 

WTF are you on lad??

Firstly you go all Che Guevara internet forum revolutioanry wanting to change things for the better(in your eyes)
Act like a lawyer on behalf of tw@ts thats deserved banned anway.....now its whinge whinge whinge in every thread!
Holy fuc'k like...if you hate the forum so much,simply do one.Its a no brainer

And now you have turned your twisted gripes towards me and Lando.Again if you dont like what I say or Lando says...theres a button you can click that will make us invisible..simple!

All you are doing is shi't stirring..everyone and their dog can see it.People are not bitting so now you are trying to drag me and Lando into it!
Pathetic.

I didn't drag you into it ...... you were already the topic of discussion.

And at least I do my complaining openly, rather than crying like a baby in PM about the MOD'S like you do.

Bad bob did this ...... Bad Bob did that ..... boo hoo, boo hoo  :D

Fuc'k off Saint!

you'd just love it if I got into a spat and got banned....its not gonna happen!

Maybe Lando will oblige you

On the contrary, my friend.

For you see, the contrite succour for which the loquacious remonstrator and his duplicitous cohort thirst is the disingenuous expulsion of the forthright and candid tongues we both possess.

Regrettably, the abstruse veridicality of this transient issue will ultimately be repudiated and reflected threefold by the very subjects of their draconian undertones. Furthermore, it is acutely discernible that, for translucent reasons and beneath their own volition Mick and Saint have appointed themselves the harbingers of our very prohibition. One believes, of course, that this extrapolates a far more grave antipathy than perhaps any one of us ever conceptualised - an ignominy I intend to exacerbate exponentially in the coming weeks, without ever presenting sustenance for their clandestine ideal.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:13 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:Seriously, Lando and Barry have been on 4 cards for a while now, their "style" of posting is still full of abuse, and I am pretty sure if they had been on one or two cards rather than four, their posts since would have got them many more cards.

Fair enough, maybe it just seems like "they are getting away with murder " 

WTF are you on lad??

Firstly you go all Che Guevara internet forum revolutioanry wanting to change things for the better(in your eyes)
Act like a lawyer on behalf of tw@ts thats deserved banned anway.....now its whinge whinge whinge in every thread!
Holy fuc'k like...if you hate the forum so much,simply do one.Its a no brainer

And now you have turned your twisted gripes towards me and Lando.Again if you dont like what I say or Lando says...theres a button you can click that will make us invisible..simple!

All you are doing is shi't stirring..everyone and their dog can see it.People are not bitting so now you are trying to drag me and Lando into it!
Pathetic.

I didn't drag you into it ...... you were already the topic of discussion.

And at least I do my complaining openly, rather than crying like a baby in PM about the MOD'S like you do.

Bad bob did this ...... Bad Bob did that ..... boo hoo, boo hoo  :D

Fuc'k off Saint!

you'd just love it if I got into a spat and got banned....its not gonna happen!

Maybe Lando will oblige you

On the contrary, my friend.

For you see, the contrite succour for which the loquacious remonstrator and his duplicitous cohort thirst is the disingenuous expulsion of the forthright and candid tongues we both possess.

Regrettably, the abstruse veridicality of this transient issue will ultimately be repudiated and reflected threefold by the very subjects of their draconian undertones. Furthermore, it is acutely discernible that, for translucent reasons and beneath their own volition Mick and Saint have appointed themselves the harbingers of our very prohibition. One believes, of course, that this extrapolates a far more grave antipathy than perhaps any one of us ever conceptualised - an ignominy I intend to exacerbate exponentially in the coming weeks, without ever presenting any sustenance for their clandestine ideal.

:laugh: nice one. Although slightly wasted on Barry, I think you lost him at contrary :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:29 am

bigmick wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

clue , people aren't carded or banned because their politics may differ from mine or indeed other mods.

FACT.

Thanks for the reply Woof, and it's a good one.

Just to say again though from my perspective, I've never said that people only recieve cards and bans because they are anti's/critical of the manager etc. I don't believe that is the ONLY reason, or even in most cases the main reason. I'm pretty sure that if Stu, Peewee, Bam, GBJH and the like were asked they would admit that they deserved many of their cards (and if they didn't they should, because they did).

My point is quite simply that you have significantly more chance of being carded and banned on a permanent basis if you sing from a particular hymn sheet. And my point by extension is not that therefore more people should be banned, it's that less people should be kicked out on a permanent basis, everybody should be afforded the same leeway, not just some based on whether they are part of the furniture, a good forum contributor etc etc.

I have seen though with my own eyes, have been involved in situations where I have personally experienced the "fairness and impartiality" though mate, so my feelings are fairly deep held on this one. We're probably going to have to agree to differ i think, but more importantly going forward I think it would be good if people considered the option that things could potentially improve a bit.

My dear fellow, surely your thesis has another, as yet unexplored, termini?

Quite simply, that those with a predisposition to finding themselves at a point of disagreement with Rafael Benitez and his supporters are, in fact, brusque, stolid and inflammatory characters. A point merely highlighted by their eventual discontent and banishment from Newkit.

Would you not agree?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:38 am

I'm not sure whether I agree or not Lando as I haven't got the foggiest idea what you're on about. If the intention was/is to baffle me with long words and prove to me that you are intelligent bloke, it worked and I'm convinced (though I was before anyway).

Nice one.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:40 am

bigmick wrote:Thanks for the reply Red. Just to clear up a couple of things. I'm not "bezzie mates" with anybody on the forum, be they banned or otherwise. Peewee was on occasions overly pedantic (that's one thing in people which I just can't tolerate   :laugh:), Bam overly aggressive, Stu overly dismissive and abusive, Bill overly wind-uppish. Of the members we currently have who could be considered "anti", Ace is overly provocative with his "I hope Owen succeeds" line, I'm overly boring etc etc.

I'm not saying the rules need changing because I'm best mates with any banned people, not at all. I'm saying that the rules need changing because I think it would make the thing fairer and better. If as all the mods say the whole thing is absolutely 100% impartially looked after, that's great. It's just that it doesn't always look like that.

Anyway, nfortunately people are obviously getting cheesed off with the whole idea that there could possibly be a better way of doing things than is currently the case so I'll leave it. It was worth a mention as I have felt it for around three or four years, but I get the strong feeling there is no appetite to look at it so I'll leave it alone, agree to differ and all that stuff.

Dear boy, it is patently transparent that you are merely pining for the 4-fold "slap on the back" the banned members afforded your every post.

It must be lonely now, with only Saint and Ace to suckle at your teat...

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:43 am

See at this kind of stuff you're on your home ground Lando and it's all dandy. Long as you stay clear of football talk you can't go wrong fella.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:49 am

s@int wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
s@int wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

FACT.

Just stating the truth mate, you know it just as well as anyone. You haven't toned down the abuse since you got your cards, yet miraculously the fifth card hasn't arrived.

You used to be a laugh, and I know you are a decent bloke but its started getting a bit much now mate.   

If they had applied the same rules now as they did when you got your other cards you know as well as me that you would have been banned some while ago.... true?

Like I said I can understand their reluctance, but what is the point of giving ANYONE 4 cards if after that they turn a blind eye and give them carte blanche to do as they please?

I would summise that I will indeed receive the much maligned "5th Card" eventually - should I ever explore the depths of your friends Peewee and Bam.

Mine is a higher class of insult, you see. It may involve disgusting terms and promises sexual violence, but it is never at the ridicule of an ill person, or disrespectful to those with disabilities.

Only a cup of vegetable soup would consider my abuse to be intended with serious malice.

And that, dear boy, is the difference.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:54 am

Were it not entirely futile, I would delve into footballing converse with any one of you.

Unfortunately, it is.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum