The rugby world cup - Coming soon !

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Big Niall » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:47 am

England did really well to get that far as they have lost many games in the last 4 years. The played very well but SA were the better side. It was NOT a try - even Martin Johnson admits the foot just touched the line before the ball was downed.

I was cheering for England and so were most of the people I know.

A lot of pride can be taken in that performance - can claim to be the best Northern Hemisphere side now which isn't something they could have claimed a month ago.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:05 am

i honestly thought it was a try but sometimes you dont get them. what did impress me was the attitude of the team and martin johnson with the get on with it attitude.

south africa were better and well done to them but england can be truly proud even though they will not be looking at it this way at this moment in time.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:48 pm

Big Niall wrote:I agree about tha haka being stupid, your team is supposed to stand there and be intimidated by these non-maori white european stock men pretending to be tribal.

If I had my way, the Irish team would do Riverdance at the same time, get too close and the kiwis get a kick in the face.

Sorry to bump this but that line cracked me up.  :laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum