The rugby world cup - Coming soon !

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:54 pm

lakes10 wrote:Bloody scots outside my place with fierworks now...... i might go down and show them were to put them.

Think of England (in rugby) as Liverpool of football, then think of Scotland as Everton.

BBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEERRRRRRR  !!

Forever in our shadow !!
66-1112520797

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:54 pm

lakes10 wrote:Bloody scots outside my place with fierworks now...... i might go down and show them were to put them.

And just to rub it in more there is one rubbing it in to the england players on the pitch ! Bloody Brown !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wilhelmsson » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:56 pm

Firstly, I’d like to congratulate the Springboks on their thoroughly deserved win tonight, they are the finest RU nation currently and throughout the RWC they proved this time and time again.

I have a few points on the game;

1) Well done to the England team, I know it hurts to lose, but we as nation can be very proud of the players, they fought and fought and never gave up the fight. The fact an England team who struggled against the US and was well beaten by Springboks, got to the final is a testament to these players, will, pride, passion and determination.

2) The match in truth was a tight one and the 15-6 score line is not a fair representation of what was a tightly fought contest.

3) Was the try a try? The camera angle suggests it was, but it happened and the it did change the complexion of the match, but it just wasn’t meant to be tonight.

4) I fully expect Brian Ashton to be given a contract extension, because what he has done has been remarkable. I hope he bloods the team he wants over the next four years and the England team go and produce the valiant performances that the class 2007 produced.

I’m bitterly disappointed at not winning, but I am proud of the team and I’m proud of being English.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:59 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:I’m bitterly disappointed at not winning, but I am proud of the team and I’m proud of being English.

Raised a football fan and have great pride in our rugby team. Did the best they could and played the tournament as a team (after the mauling of course ). If only our footy team had as much pride...
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:00 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:Firstly, I’d like to congratulate the Springboks on their thoroughly deserved win tonight, they are the finest RU nation currently and throughout the RWC they proved this time and time again.

I have a few points on the game;

1) Well done to the England team, I know it hurts to lose, but we as nation can be very proud of the players, they fought and fought and never gave up the fight. The fact an England team who struggled against the US and was well beaten by Springboks, got to the final is a testament to these players, will, pride, passion and determination.

2) The match in truth was a tight one and the 15-6 score line is not a fair representation of what was a tightly fought contest.

3) Was the try a try? The camera angle suggests it was, but it happened and the it did change the complexion of the match, but it just wasn’t meant to be tonight.

4) I fully expect John Ashton to be given a contract extension, because what he has done has been remarkable. I hope he bloods the team he wants over the next four years and the England team go and produce the valiant performances that the class 2007 produced.

I’m bitterly disappointed at not winning, but I am proud of the team and I’m proud of being English.

Arent you Swedish ?  :D

I dont think it was a try IMO, they won fair and square. England didnt quite have the ideas at the end of the day. To score try's but oh well life goes on ......
66-1112520797

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:04 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Shame :(

Never mind, England had a great tournament and came up just short in the end. They gave everything against Australia and France, which IMO didnt leave enough in the tank. Lets not forget SAF had an easier route to final.

Well done England, they make the English football side look like overpayed, lack of heart pussie.s. :)

BTW Congratulations South Africa !

You are so right, we done so well to even get into the final, and they have been made heros in a lot od ways.

we did not get whiped in that final we held out ok, it would have only taken a few things for us to have won....buts sport.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:06 pm

And one big thing stands out, and that is how well John Ashton has donwe with that team.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:04 pm

They did great. No one expected them to get this far.

Very unlucky to be denied that try.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:33 pm

A valiant effort from the lads. There were a few key points throughout the match that ultimately led to our defeat.

We gifted SA 6 points in the first half by making silly mistakes, these cost us.

Martin Corry had, what I thought was a legitimate try disallowed, had that been awarded the game then changes significantly.

Ultimately we couldn't sustain enough territory in the SA half in order to engineer a half decent position from which to drop kick from. We've not been a prolific side in terms of try scoring, therefore, any hopes of us winning rested on a solid defence, efficient use of the ball, and getting into positions to drop kick.

The SA lineout was immense, nullifying much of our tactical kicking. SA were solid, we were solid, they had a few decisions and unforced errors go their way and exploited these opportunities. Other than their linouts I thought we matched them pretty well. Overall an incredible achievement to get this far, in many ways a much  much greater achievement than in 2003.

And one big thing stands out, and that is how well *John Ashton has done with that team

*Brian Ashton
LFC2007

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:41 am

Just checked the score on the net and was gutted to see we lost even though i WAS expecting it.

How did we play, lads? Judging by what's been written here, looks like we acquitted ourselves well and may have been a trifle unlucky?

Proud of the lads anyway to have come this far when noone (myself included) didn't give us a snowball's....
ConnO'var

Postby oakton » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:09 am

the standard had been pretty low throughout the tournament. Not enough trys being scored.
oakton

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:07 am

LFC2007 wrote:A valiant effort from the lads. There were a few key points throughout the match that ultimately led to our defeat.

We gifted SA 6 points in the first half by making silly mistakes, these cost us.

Martin Corry had, what I thought was a legitimate try disallowed, had that been awarded the game then changes significantly.

Ultimately we couldn't sustain enough territory in the SA half in order to engineer a half decent position from which to drop kick from. We've not been a prolific side in terms of try scoring, therefore, any hopes of us winning rested on a solid defence, efficient use of the ball, and getting into positions to drop kick.

The SA lineout was immense, nullifying much of our tactical kicking. SA were solid, we were solid, they had a few decisions and unforced errors go their way and exploited these opportunities. Other than their linouts I thought we matched them pretty well. Overall an incredible achievement to get this far, in many ways a much  much greater achievement than in 2003.

And one big thing stands out, and that is how well *John Ashton has done with that team

*Brian Ashton

that was amied at Wilhelmsson as a joke. see his post.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:10 am

Well the Scots ove the road were outside till 2am, they were joined by 2 south africans at about 11pm, i did not mind that and i had a chat with him. for the book he thinks they got lucky over the try.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:34 am

lakes10 wrote:that was amied at Wilhelmsson as a joke. see his post.

Not sure who this John Ashton is, but he's in our fantasy football league & he's placed 6th.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/table.mc?id=43017

:laugh:
Last edited by EddieC on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:05 pm

EddieC wrote:
lakes10 wrote:that was amied at Wilhelmsson as a joke. see his post.

Not sure who this John Ashton is, but he's in our fantasy football league & he's placed 6th.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/table.mc?id=43017

:laugh:

6th ? lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum