Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby The Grudge » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:48 am

Bamaga man wrote:
The Grudge wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
The Grudge wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Great result, that was sooo sweet. :D

Why??

I cant stand the French, f.ucking horrible race.

I cant stand rugby!

If you said that about a minority you would get a card!! :D

In general that is.

Anyway arent the English THE minority these days ?  :p

In Belfast? Yup! :D
The Grudge

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:54 am

wow what a turn up, we are in the final, for the last four year we have been down in the dumps, we must have been the only team ever to win the thing and then go on to be a walk over for the next four years.

we have done so well to get into the final and now i woulds love us to win but if we dont we should not forget how well we have done.

well done lads.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby No Mark » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:59 am

Was really excited watching it yesterday.

always thought we were going to win though.

When's the final?
No Mark

Postby Dundalk » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:03 am

Have to say well down to England to beat the Aussies and then the French n there own back yard is some achievement
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:19 am

well i am happy to say i was sat proud as punch at 4am after watching the game, it was a great spectacle
112-1077774096

Postby No Mark » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:01 pm

Sales of condoms in France plummeted
yesterday when the England Rugby squad
proved that to F-uck 15 Frogs you only need one Johnny.

:eyebrow  :laugh:
Last edited by No Mark on Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Mark

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:37 pm

No Mark wrote:Sales of condoms in France plummeted
yesterday when the England Rugby squad
proved that to F-uck 15 Frogs you only need one Johnny.

:eyebrow  :laugh:

:D
66-1112520797

Postby No Mark » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:20 pm

A lot of people are uncertain about the rules, it seems. Here are the basics:

*   You can only pass the ball backwards

*   If you kick the ball straight off the pitch from inside your own 22 metre area (in effect, your penalty area), the line-out is taken from where the ball goes out, by the other side, like in a throw-in.

*   If you kick the ball straight out from outside the 22 metre area, the line-out is taken from level to where you kicked the ball

*   A Maul is a pile-up of players where they're still on their feet and someone is holding the ball - like an untidy scrum

*  A Ruck is where the ball hits the deck and players drive over it.  A lot of penalties are given for players trying to pick the ball up or scoop it slyly back with their hands in Rucks

* Whether it's a Scrum, Ruck, Maul or Line-out, both sides have to be behind the line of the last player from their team involved in the scrum, ruck etc.  If they try to get closer to the oppo before the ball's out, to get a sneaky advantage, it's offside

Other Rules:

*  If you have the ball, and someone squeezes your testicles violently, it's generally best to let them have it, in one way or the other

*  You can punch people in scrums, rucks, mauls, line-outs and open play, but ONLY if the referee and linesmen aren't watching

*   Eye-gouging is considered "Bad Form" and "French Practice".  Other forms of illegal violence and unarmed combat are okay, so long as you buy each other a pint afterwards

*   In football, the cry of "Man On!" signals that someone from the opposition is closing in on the person with the ball.  A cry of "Man On!" in a Rugby match could mean that some form of intimate assault is being committed at the bottom of a "Ruck" (see above).  If that is the case, they're probably Public Schoolboys and should be allowed to get on with it.

I hope that helps a little...
No Mark

Postby Wilhelmsson » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:31 pm

lakes10 wrote:we have done so well to get into the final and now i woulds love us to win but if we dont we should not forget how well we have done.

That’s a defeatist attitude, England can win the final and I have every confidence they will, I wonder how all the Non-English people (including those who have denounced themselves) feel about such hysteria.

I always knew my faith in England was still devout, even if my own country doesn’t feel like mine anymore.

Come on England; keep the greatest flag in the lands flying high.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:45 pm

Looks like it's going to be England vs South Africa.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:48 pm

In a way I hope we face SA in the final, it would be a measure of how far we've come since they mullered us 36-0.

SA are looking ruthless against Argentina, who look quite shaky.
LFC2007

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:41 pm

It's over.

England vs South Africa.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:44 am

difficult final, but then again so was our last final and we managed to overcome the aussies on their home soil. we have already been mullered by SA in this tournament and i hope that leads to them being a little overconfident in the final. i think we can spoil their game and we will have learned a lot from our defeat against them.

looking forward to it
112-1077774096

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:38 am

Fantastic stuff by England, fair play to them.

This is a side who went into the World Cup after some of the worst sequence of results in its history over the past 4 years, already this year they got hammered by Ireland in the Six Nations and then hammered by South Africa in the WC, after struggling to beat USA. However, as soon as they have got out of the group stages they have been a different team and while logically they will be the underdogs against South Africa, the way this world cup has gone I see no reason why they cannot win it.

Brian Ashton has done a remarkable job, that has to be recognised. Their hammering against Ireland aside England under Ashton showed signs of massive improvement in the Six Nations and he has continued this improvement (with the odd blip) the whole way to a world cup final.

Fair play.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:16 am

Amazing. I never imagined that England could get to the final, a great achievment regardless of what happens. I have been supporting them since the quarters but didn't really believe that they could beat Australia or France.

Definately have their work cut out against the spring boks, hard to see how they can beat them but I said that in the quarters and semis.

Good luck England.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum