The rugby world cup - Coming soon !

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:04 am

I love seeing the Haka and the tribal dances from the south seas. It shows pride, spirituality and that, at the end of the day, rugby is just a game. I've often thought it would be nice if every side had something to really wind themselves up before a game. Something that shows their pride and unity. The only problem is, most people don't have that tribal element. And I can't see the South Africans or Australians using the indigenous, tribal traditions of their nations. I don't think it would be very appropriate. But the Scots could paint themselves blue and lift their kilts up before each game. Certainly would bring a new meaning to the phrase "dangerous tackle". :D

I have no problem with the Haka, i enjoy it and applaud it. I'd love to face it myself, but I can't see myself playing against New Zealand anytime soon. Not that i'd last very long.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:00 pm

I think the haka is bo!!ox. They get to do an aggressive act while your team has to stand there in a passive stance.

I think the other team should start f*cking inflatable sheep while the all blacks are having their dance.

funniest story was last year when one of them hit another one with a handbag in a bar .

Come on France! come on England, come on Scotland and come on Fiji.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:23 pm

I love the haka and its traditions

I do think they will bottle it at some point however :D that is also a world cup tradition
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:16 pm

Big Niall wrote:I think the haka is bo!!ox. They get to do an aggressive act while your team has to stand there in a passive stance.

Yeah, not fair is it...

Still, traditions are important - after all that's why the William Webb Ellis Cup is named after some stuck up, pimple faced little public school brat who spoilt a good game of football!

:p
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:42 pm

The all blacks have always done the Haka. Why is this an issue now? Have the rest of the world's rugby players all become emotionally fragile? I don't think it ever affected the Lions when they went down there in the 1970s and smashed the All Blacks to pieces. It's just one of those things in rugby. The Tongans and Samoans do it too. The Irish have their two anthems, the scots have the pipers... Nothing wrong with it imho. If a team can't take it, they shouldn't be playing rugby at this level.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:08 am

Has anyone see the classless $hit the Aussies are throwing out before the game on the weekend.  :no

Granted they are a great team, but very classless which really epitomises the Aussie's espcially when it comes to sport, their fastly becoming the " New America" of naviety and are closely following the French for their arrogance.

F.uck they've annoyed me, even in the Cricket as they usually do they're mouthing off at the Indians.

I know we have very little chance of beating the ' the backward thinking convicts' but egg on their face would be lovely, even if we dont beat them I'll really enjoy the Kiwi's (fingers crossed) Knocking the to$$ers out.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Big Niall » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:10 am

I hope England beat the Aussies.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:12 am

Big Niall wrote:I hope England beat the Aussies.

So do I but I think we've got more chance in hell freezing over.  :glare:
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:23 am

Just out of curiousity Niall why would you like England to beat Australia ?
66-1112520797

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:18 am

Big Niall wrote:I think the haka is bo!!ox. They get to do an aggressive act while your team has to stand there in a passive stance.

I'm with you on that Niall. I'd like to see teams responding to the Challenge.

for example in the old days this is how Wales responded v some singing all dancing tri nation team   :D

Men of Harlech

(takes a little time to buffer)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:41 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Just out of curiousity Niall why would you like England to beat Australia ?

Australian sportsmen are cowardly thugs.

Their international rules team played our amateur gaelic footballers (much smaller build for gaelic games than aussie games) and they just looked for a punch up against their much smaller, less fit (they have jobs to do) opponents. Half the time they punched when the other guy wasn't looking. This wasn't a first time either, they always do it and the competion might now be cancelled. Aussie people are nice but their sportsmen are f*cking cowardly thugs.

I hope England shock the world and send them packing. Come on ENGERLAND!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:06 pm

Alright Big Niall....Over the years I've been to a few of those Aussie Rules games in Croker and it's a pile of pooh to be honest. You're right about it being an excuse for a punch-up...What do yo expect on the competition-front as well, when you pitch amateurs against professionals ?
That said, I do have a kind of affinity for Aussies (not in a gay way, though....) Don't think England are gonna turn them over.
The Ireland v Australia game recently was nothing to go by though. It was a 2nd string Aussie team that we took sooooooo much pride in beating. Fact is, we weren't good enough in France this year....which is a big, big pity. But outside of France, there isn't a single team in the 6 Nations who can compete with the southern hemisphere teams. 6 Nations Rugby is a far lower grade of rugby.....
And before I'm accused of anything - I'm NOT a rugger bugger either.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Big Niall » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:33 pm

I think Australia will win but hope England do. Remember the time the aussies punched o'gara loads of times when he was defenceless on the ground with the lions.

F*ck them! come on England.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:07 pm

Unfortunately the England side is not up to much and is in danger of being wiped out by the Auzzies. I know that sounds rich coming from an Irishman following our abysmal performances but if you look at England's form over the past 18 months it has been absolutely shocking and they've been at the receiving end of some absolute roastings this year.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:58 pm

Not long to go now, I've been hanging for this all day.

I dont no why, as I think the Aussie's will walk it.

Ever the typical English pessemist. :D
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum