The Premier Leagues Most Amazing Moments

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:34 am

Did anyone else watch this the other night on BBC 3? Its still on Iplayer and is worth a watch. Some hilarious moments on there but also proof of corruption. Most notably Man United.

The amount of times United are shown with decisions in their favour is ridiculous. Gary Pallister admits to them being "lucky" while Graham Poll admits to "Fergie Time".

A laugh is a laugh, but this is corruption. Its blatant cheating and nobody can do anything about it.

Other than that though, this program is worth a watch. Some brilliant moments are recalled most notably Robbie Fowlers awesome unbeatable hat trick against Arsenal.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:45 am

shows like this are always united heavy, after all they've been the flag bearers for sky and their "product" over the last 20 years.

the recent 20 years of the premier league awards were proof of this. rooney won best goal for a shinned overhead kick and united 4 city 3 won best game over the first liverpool-newcastle 4-3 game which was utterly farcical.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:01 am

stmichael » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:45 am wrote:shows like this are always united heavy, after all they've been the flag bearers for sky and their "product" over the last 20 years.

the recent 20 years of the premier league awards were proof of this. rooney won best goal for a shinned overhead kick and united 4 city 3 won best game over the first liverpool-newcastle 4-3 game which was utterly farcical.

I couldnt agree more. The United v City game will only be remembered for Fergie Time, Liverpool v Newcastle will be remembered for the awesomeness.

Alex Ferguson, for me will never be known as one of the greats, he will always be known as the man who controlled the FA.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:12 am

That's the beauty of the "Olympic spirit" Kharhaz.  :D
Last edited by Kenny Kan on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:41 am

I have gotten goosebumps over a goal only 3 times in my life

Gerrard v olympiakos
Gerrard v west ham
Aguero v QPR despite it not having anything to do with Liverpool

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member