The maypax riddles daily - Can u get 'em right?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby ethanr » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:49 am

Is Person A lying, but both Person A and Person C ate the pie? 

A said it wasn't me and not C, so if A was lying, then they both had to eat it. 

If B were lying, they said they arrived late, but C said they arrived late as well so that would mean two of them were lying.

If C were lying, than That means that B and D were both lying as well.

If D were lying, then C would have been lying as well.

Only A could have been lying so that only one person was lying.  C was the only one that didn't talk about themselves, so they could be telling the truth without admitting that they did it.

So I'd say Person A lied and Person A and Person C shared the pie.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:54 am

wrong. try again :cool:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:44 am

No it's right you lying B@stard!!!!

Am I close?
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:45 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Haha I see... You're the liar.  You ate your own pie!

Fat @ss :cool:
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:27 am

:laugh: not even close

the answer is really simple but like a female, you're making things complicated :p
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:41 pm

:sniffle
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:12 am

has someone given up? :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:04 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:I was at a great party the other day to celebrate my friends birthday. At the start of the night she cut up an apple pie and gave everyone a piece. Since we had all just arrived when we were issued with the pie we didn't want to eat it. We left it on the table and went off to party!!!

Later on, when I started to feel a little hungry, I went to take a bit of my piece of pie but when I got to the table and found my plate I discovered that someone had already ate my piece of pie!!!

I ran to the CD player and stopped the music exclaiming,
"STOP! STOP! One of you have ate my piece of pie"
Then I went around the room questioning everybody to see if I could figure out who ate my pie.

Person A said:Well it wasn't me and C definately didn't do it.
Person B said:If I told you I ate it I'd be lying and anyway I arrived late. I never knew about the pie.
Person C said:B arrived late and didn't know about the pie and D didn't do it.
Person D said:It was not me!

Someone is lying! Only one person is lying and if they are lying then everything they say is a lie. Can you figure out who is lying and who ate your pie?

the answer to this riddle is: nobody ate your pie because "you" were not at the party :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:22 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:I was at a great party the other day to celebrate my friends birthday. At the start of the night she cut up an apple pie and gave everyone a piece. Since we had all just arrived when we were issued with the pie we didn't want to eat it. We left it on the table and went off to party!!!

Later on, when I started to feel a little hungry, I went to take a bit of my piece of pie but when I got to the table and found my plate I discovered that someone had already ate my piece of pie!!!

I ran to the CD player and stopped the music exclaiming,
"STOP! STOP! One of you have ate my piece of pie"
Then I went around the room questioning everybody to see if I could figure out who ate my pie.

Person A said:Well it wasn't me and C definately didn't do it.
Person B said:If I told you I ate it I'd be lying and anyway I arrived late. I never knew about the pie.
Person C said:B arrived late and didn't know about the pie and D didn't do it.
Person D said:It was not me!

Someone is lying! Only one person is lying and if they are lying then everything they say is a lie. Can you figure out who is lying and who ate your pie?

the answer to this riddle is: nobody ate your pie because "you" were not at the party :D

I didn't like that one.  :sniffle

I feel like my second answer was a good one, but I guess that makes sense.  I mean the riddle kept saying "we" including yourself in with the group, so I figured that you would have to be at the party if you keep saying we and involving yourself in everything.

But whatever, you're just jealous that I'm solving all your riddles.

NEXT  :D
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:15 pm

the table so far....

Destro - 82.5
Saint - 62
Mistyred - 47
Judge - 42.5
Redman In Wales - 42
AndyG - 35
Graham01 - 31
Toffeehater- 27
NiftyNeil - 24
Goat, Kash Mountain - 17
Madmax - 16.5
Scouser Till I Die - 15
Username - 14
JonF - 13
Dawson - 12
Kharhaz - 7
LFC 2007 - 5
Benny the Noon - 4
Ethanr, Addy - 3
BadBob, Woof - 2
Metalhead, Fivecups Stoney, Red37, Ste123lfc, JonDoe, Effes, Greavesie, Supersub - 1
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:43 am

Any new riddles mate? Sounds like you're still recovering from all my fantastic riddle-answering :D
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:33 pm

never :angry:  anyway here's the new lot of riddles to shut you up :D your match thread hero has been busy with exams these days.

1) You are tested for a rare flesh-eating virus that afflicts 1% of the population. If you have the virus, the test will always come back positive, but if you do not, there is a 20% chance of a false positive. You are told that your test came back positive. What is the probability that you have the disease?

2) A stretched out truth,
a reach for youth,
a shame to have.

Yet everyone adores,
that beauty is finally yours
just longing for a reaction.

What am I?

3) If you have six beakers ,Five of them containing a deadly Toxin in equal amounts, and one beaker contains the Anti-Toxin.
You have a special detector in the form of yellow beads,and you have only three tiny beads(each bead can be used only once).
If you put a bead inside a beaker containing (Toxin) will convert the color of the bead to Blue.
while (Anti-Toxin)will convert its color to Red.
A mixture of equal amounts of both (Toxin) and(Anti-Toxin),will NOT change its color(will remain yellow).
You are allowed to test your mixing results three times only.
you have plenty of empty beakers to be used in mixing,and pipettes to take equal amounts.
If the amount of Toxin in any mixture is more then the Anti-Toxin, the bead will be blue.
If the Anti-Toxin is more than the Toxin,the bead will be red.
How can you know which beaker contains the Anti-Toxin?

4) An ant stands in the middle of a circle (3 meters in diameter) and walks in a straight line at a random angle from 0 to 360 degrees. Problem is, it can only walk one meter before it needs a break. To make things even more exasperating, the ant has the memory of a fish and forgets what direction it has just walked in. After the break, it gets all dizzy and thus chooses another random direction from 0 to 360 in an attempt to escape the circle again.
As you can well imagine, it could escape the circle after just 2 walks (just one break needed). Or... it could take 20,000 walks (19,999 breaks needed)!! There might even be the very slim possibility it might take 20,000^20,000 walks. You can probably guess what I'm going to ask...

What is the average amount of walks required for the ant to escape the circle?

5) How many five syllable (or even six) single word animals can you name?

6) You find yourself inside a room with (4) doors,(1 to 4).Only one door leads to freedom!
And there are also three persons inside this room(1st. person,2nd. person,and 3rd. person)standing infront of the doors (1 to 3) respectively,no one was standing infront of the 4th. door.
Your aim is to get out through the right door by asking those persons only one(Yes or No) question i.e. you should ask the same question to each one of them,without changing the question .
Now,,,
1-The first person to be asked will answer randomly ( may lie or may tell the truth).
2-The 1st. person will tell the truth only if the 2nd. person did.
3-The 2nd. person will tell the truth only if the 3rd. person did.
4-The 3rd. person will tell the truth only if the 1st. person did.
Which question can lead you to freedom?

7) what is a poppy? :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:17 am

1) 1%

5) Well I can name Hippopotamus, but I suppose a person could name as many 5 or 6 syllabus single word animals as exist.

7) For some reason I feel this riddle is directed at me.... Once again you are an :censored: hole :D But because I am incredibly knowledgeable, a poppy is basically a symbol for the soldiers that fought for Britain (Tho wether it represents where the soldiers were buried or the opium used in nursing them, I'm not the one to ask)
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:23 am

2) Botox! C'mon that has to be right :D
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:34 am

3) Mix the first 2 beakers.  If the color is yellow, You know one is the anti-toxin so you use the second bead on one of the ones you just mixed.  If the one you test is blue, you know the other beaker is the anti-toxin, and if it's red then you know it's the anti-toxin.

If the first 2 beakers turn out blue, then move on to the 3 and 4 beakers.  You basically repeat the same steps as above.  If the second 2 beakers turn out blue, than you know it is either of the last 2 beakers. 

You take the last bead and put it in either one of the last 2  beakers.  If it comes out blue, you know the last beaker is the anti-toxin.  If it comes out red you know that you have found the anti-toxin.
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum