Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:52 am

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:57 am

Anyone read the story?  What happened?
jonnymac1979

Postby Sean » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:04 pm

Apparently Collymore "bumped" into some Bath rugby players in Dublin.  The Bath players had been having a night out after their Heineken cup match against Leinster.  "Allegedly" there was a racist comment and Collymore fancied his chances against the rugby players (he obviously really is thick).  As the phots show, he came out badly.

Also, in the book Collymore claims that he shagged Roy Evans' daughter on the night of the 1996 F.A. cup final.....seems like Liverpool scored that day after all.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby simic_ie » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:10 pm

Friend of mine emailed me this... don't know where he got it from though;

The Gardai (Irish Police) were today hoping to speak to battered ex-footballer Stan Collymore who claims he was assaulted by up to six rugby players.
Former Liverpool and Aston Villa striker Collymore, 33, told officers that the clash in Dublin city centre involved players from Bath rugby club.

He said the attack, which left him with facial injuries, took place outside a burger bar after a nightclub row in the early hours of Sunday.

Collymore was in Ireland to appear on a TV show, while Bath had played against Leinster in a Heineken Cup tie.

He claims that the incident was sparked by an exchange of words in celebrity haunt Lillie's Bordello in Grafton Street with the girlfriend of a Bath player.

Collymore said he left the club at 3.30am and went to the nearby Burger King in Grafton Street where he said he again saw the rugby players.

He told the Daily Mirror that several people started taunting him.

"I told them I would take any one of them on one-on-one outside, but they suddenly all piled in,"  he said.

"I had no chance anyway, but the minute I saw this one guy coming at me I knew I was really in trouble. He was like the Jolly Green Giant.

"They kicked me all over the street. I went to the ground at one point, but I managed to get up again. There were five or six of them, all just bashing me."

Gardai were said to have broken up the clash, but no arrests were made.

A Garda spokesman confirmed Collymore had made a complaint in person about the alleged incident.

He later left for medical attention at St James's Hospital but never came back to the station and apparently returned to England.

Bath rugby club has not yet made an official comment on the matter.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:28 pm

Ulrika Johnsonn must be having a great laugh at Collymore.

I always reckoned rugby players were over grown ponces...now i'm convinced of it.  I wonder how brave each of them would have been had they met Collymore individually.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:38 pm

Sh!thouses.
jonnymac1979

Postby simic_ie » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:03 pm

I'd still say Collymore would have gotten the sh*t kicked out of him even if it was one on one, those rugby lads are absoutley huge.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:26 pm

The guy is a loon

And I played Rugby and would have no bother with taking on that wife batterer any day  :)
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:28 pm

Six on one though. :(
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:35 pm

I gave up believing him about 7 years ago  :(
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:40 pm

The Dublin papers reckon there`s plenty of witnesses supporting his story.The whole thing is on cctv anyway.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:21 pm

greenred wrote:Six on one though. :(

It was only one - Danny Grewcock, Bath & England lock forward. 6ft 6ins, 18 stone.
Typical Collymore to say there were six, probably felt he was being hit by six. His usual form is only to scrap with women.
Anyway, for what he said about Roy Evan's daughter, he had it coming to him. I hope this is the first of many batterings for him.

Profile : Danny Grewcock
Born: 7 Nov 1972
Height: 6ft 6in
Weight: 18st 7lb
Caps: 49, England
First capped: 1997

Danny Grewcock’s 2003/04 season was certainly eventful and it will definitely be one that sticks in his memory when he comes to the end of his playing days. It started with selection for the World Cup squad; then a freak accident in a warm up meant that he missed a couple of games with a broken toe, before having to drop out of the squad completely with a broken wrist having played just one game.

Danny returned to Bath and domestic rugby and produced some outstanding rugby, which lead to his international recall as the successor for Martin Johnson in the RBS Six Nations. He was arguably England’s player of the tournament, while his club form remained superb. It had to be with Rob Fidler breathing down his neck. Danny put in some outstanding performances, particularly in the crucial final league game with Gloucester, and he remains one of the finest lock forwards in the game.

Danny will not play a part in Bath Rugby’s preseason due to a ban handed out by Southern Hemisphere officials after England’s tour down under. He returns after August 31st so will not miss any Zurich Premiership action and his presence will be vital as Bath Rugby try to maintain their improved form on the field. Danny is a world class rugby player, putting in big hits and a lot of work round the park as a ball carrier. He hits rucks like he means it and never takes a backward step, and his set piece work is fundamentally at elite level. Danny recently signed a new contract and is a very valued member of the Bath Rugby squad.

http:// Profile : Danny Grewcock " border="0">
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:24 pm

I have a pal who was in the Burger King where the trouble flared, and he siad there was at least 5 rugby lads. The sh1thouses!
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:29 pm

The other four were watching.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:36 am

I bet Ulrika will be buying them all a pint to say thanks :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext