School days - Best days of your life

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Rafa D » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:15 pm

How boss was school?

I loved going to primary school and high school, probably the best years of your life. Sitting in lessons, not a care in the world. Footie at dinnertime. It was class.

Do you all remember the games you used to play as kids? How did they change generation to generation?

Off the topic of my head, the most popular game in our school was british bulldog, you could wipe out half the playground before the teachers seen it happening. Class.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:55 pm

Can't say I enjoyed school that much .
Primary school was St Josephs at Upton on the wirral . All the teachers bar one were Nuns . The head nun Mother Mary Magdalene was surely the prototype for Darth Varder and from a distance she was almost as good looking as him but did however lack his bon homie and general sense of humour .

British Bulldog was indeed the game that sticks most in my memory from that time (circa 1955).

After St Josephs it was on to Woodchurch secondary school . the head was Colonel Jones , he'd served in Burma during the war , I'm sure he thought of us kids as Japs 'cause the punishments he inflicted on us we're surely the workings of a mind warped by years of harsh captivity . He once made some lads walk (not run) around the playground for an entire P.E lesson dressed only in their shorts .
Not harsh you say ? It was January and f'ucking snowing !

:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Rafa D » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:00 pm

Haha,

I went to Bidston Avenue Primary and it was my favourite school, our school footie team was boss and the birds were laughing.

my secondary school was St Anselms, so I did not enjoy that as much.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:06 pm

Had a great time at school! in middle school, we played footy at lunch time and even dodgeball! The fun thing about school is skipping class and not get caught ... oh i miss those days  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:08 pm

One more thing, i went to elementary school in saudi arabia, so i basically studied the saudi system! man the teachers were really extreme back then, they told us christians, jews and shia muslims (im one) are athiests!  :Oo:

Thank god i moved
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:15 pm

Anyone remember murderball!

:D  That was ruthless.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:16 pm

Off the topic of my head, the most popular game in our school was british bulldog, you could wipe out half the playground before the teachers seen it happening. Class.

What's the British Bulldog about?

The most savage games we played at the playground were the "pica pica" (would be some sort of "it hurts, it hurts" :D ) and was a pointless burst of violence with a football ball. The game was dead simple, and cannot be considered a game, but an allowed violence. If you got the ball you got the right to kick it as hard as you could to hit another mate with it. You then run after your most hated mate and made a goal kick which only aim was your mate, he'd try to avoid you, and if hit, he'd better catch the ball rather than say ouch, or you might get the rebound and hit gim again. It was a nice way to sort out some differences, and all the violence ended at that point, could not be followed later. Leather balls were harder than are right now, and when it rained, it hurted even more.

Another game was the "chorro-morro". 2 teams, the jumpers and the receivers. The receivers formed a row like this

the rows could be as long as 6 or 7 mates. The jumpers had to jump over the reiceivers and they should be there without falling. If some jumper fell, the jumpers had to be the receivers and viceversa. If the receivers didn't hold the weight it started all over again.

The first jumpers had to be thin and agile in order to jump deep. The fatter boys were used last because they didn't jump that deep and because their weight might end collapsing the row :laugh:

If all the jumpers managed to be over the row, then the judge, the guy on front of the row should ask "Scissors, paper, or stone" and the first jumper should make a sign with the hand. If the receivers guessed the sign, they won, and they passed to be the jumpers next time.

Normally you wouldn't reach that moment, as the row collapsed or someone fell. All dirty tricks were used, like landing near the neck (weak spot) or jump high to dive violently with your :censored: bone doing harm. The receivers could not move, yet they did slightly.

The game was not allowed by teachers because it provoked some injuries sometimes, but we loved it.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:16 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Anyone remember murderball!

what is that? ball with spikes thrown at ya?  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:20 pm

Sabre wrote:

What's the British Bulldog about?

The most savage games we played at the playground were the "pica pica" (would be some sort of "it hurts, it hurts" :D ) and was a pointless burst of violence with a football ball. The game was dead simple, and cannot be considered a game, but an allowed violence. If you got the ball you got the right to kick it as hard as you could to hit another mate with it. You then run after your most hated mate and made a goal kick which only aim was your mate, he'd try to avoid you, and if hit, he'd better catch the ball rather than say ouch, or you might get the rebound and hit gim again. It was a nice way to sort out some differences, and all the violence ended at that point, could not be followed later. Leather balls were harder than are right now, and when it rained, it hurted even more.

Another game was the "chorro-morro". 2 teams, the jumpers and the receivers. The receivers formed a row like this

the rows could be as long as 6 or 7 mates. The jumpers had to jump over the reiceivers and they should be there without falling. If some jumper fell, the jumpers had to be the receivers and viceversa. If the receivers didn't hold the weight it started all over again.

The first jumpers had to be thin and agile in order to jump deep. The fatter boys were used last because they didn't jump that deep and because their weight might end collapsing the row :laugh:

If all the jumpers managed to be over the row, then the judge, the guy on front of the row should ask "Scissors, paper, or stone" and the first jumper should make a sign with the hand. If the receivers guessed the sign, they won, and they passed to be the jumpers next time.

Normally you wouldn't reach that moment, as the row collapsed or someone fell. All dirty tricks were used, like landing near the neck (weak spot) or jump high to dive violently with your :censored: bone doing harm. The receivers could not move, yet they did slightly.

The game was not allowed by teachers because it provoked some injuries sometimes, but we loved it.

LOL!

we used to play a game called "Sanam" i dont know how to translate it in english, but it usually people in a circle, and one in the middle of the circle, the guy in the middle must stop the people around him from slapping at him on the back neck! it hurts! so when the middle guy stops someone from slapping him, he joins the circle and the other guy who got stopped gets his turn to be the middle guy   . Usually when the game ends you have hand prints all over your back neck  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:25 pm

metalhead wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:Anyone remember murderball!

what is that? ball with spikes thrown at ya?  :D

There would be 2 teams and a ball the idea was to get the ball over the other teams end, which would normally be a bench tipped over, basically rugby but nuts. Pure piley ons whoever had the ball. Teachers went nuts.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:32 pm

Our school yard rough-housing in winter involved either snowball fights (banned by teachers) or king of the hill (surprisingly tolerated by teachers).

Snowball fights were banned because some kid would always take it up a notch and make ice balls (packing and compressing the ball so tight that it becomes a block of ice).  He'd then chuck it full force at someone's head and mayhem would ensue.

King of the hill was like a royal rumble with groups of boys battling to stand on top of one of the mountains of snow that got piled at the side of car parks.  You'd punch and kick and claw your way to the top only to stand there for a second or two before being heaved down the side of the mountain to the hard pavement below.  Nasty!

By the time we hit 6th grade, the school yard game--for boys and girls, mind--was to stalk about the playground in packs, pulling unsuspecting kids's trackies down.  One lad was swinging from the bar of a footie net when the mob advanced on him from behind.  Instead of leaving him in his skivvies, like most victims, his underpants came down to and there he was bare-ar.sed for the whole school to see.  I think every class in school caught a hour-long lecture off their teacher after we came in from that recess! :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Rafa D » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:41 pm

Bad Bob wrote:By the time we hit 6th grade, the school yard game--for boys and girls, mind--was to stalk about the playground in packs, pulling unsuspecting kids's trackies down.  One lad was swinging from the bar of a footie net when the mob advanced on him from behind.  Instead of leaving him in his skivvies, like most victims, his underpants came down to and there he was bare-ar.sed for the whole school to see.

Haha we called that "getting grogged" round by ours and many a time we would hop into the chippie or the indian and try and grog someone waiting at the counter.

I remember we done it to this one fella once and he chased us for about 20 mins!
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:43 pm

Does any one remember football stikers at school, I am lucky enough to be young enough to rmeember them, kids standing in the playground saying:

"Got,Got,Need,Got,Need,Need........"

or

"i'll trade you one shiney for Dennis Bergkamp and Paul Furlong..."

classics
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:51 pm

Got,got,got,got,got,got,got,got,got,got,got,got,got, NEEEDDDDDD :laugh:

At our school every so often someone would stand at the top of the stairs and launch there entire bundle of swappsies down the stairs and watch the mayhem unfold below, quality!   lads would always end up fighting over them

"I had that shiny, ya tit"

Quality.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:59 pm

woof woof that was my chicky's second school the woody and were i intend on sending my clan (god help them)
i went to b/head high for 2 months then got expelled and the only school that would take me was neston high (in-breds) but it was a laugh i spent the 2nd and 3rd year on a little table outside the heads office it was a great time and when in the 5th year i was finaly asked to leave for good i was working in chester as a doorman at rosies a boss club at the time and earnin more than my teachers at the time now being old i look back and think i should of got me head down and tried harder but i have a sound job plenty of money a descent chicky and lots of ankle biters but school was boss i agree bulldog was a good game but i prefered a good game of pidgeon toss as we called it were bets were from 2p up to a quid

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum