Remember when we were kids! - Any one remember?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:01 am

yeah my grifter was blue also mate. quality bike, much better than a chopper    :D
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:08 am

peewee wrote:yeah my grifter was blue also mate. quality bike, much better than a chopper    :D

Remember people having choppers that had an aerial with a tail on it..a foxes tail and streamers out of the handlebars!! :D

WTF!
66-1120597113

Postby 109-1170291157 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:39 am

I long for the letters written to hand, the congratulations of birthday, cristhmas, postcards .... now we congratulate for email. I was happy when I found a letter of friends in my mailbox at home. Now only I can find letters of the bank... :(
109-1170291157

Postby daxy1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:48 am

marie wrote:I long for the letters written to hand, the congratulations of birthday, cristhmas, postcards .... now we congratulate for email. I was happy when I found a letter of friends in my mailbox at home. Now only I can find letters of the bank... :(

yeah but did yer have a grifter marie? hey?

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby 109-1170291157 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:32 am

daxy1 wrote:
marie wrote:I long for the letters written to hand, the congratulations of birthday, cristhmas, postcards .... now we congratulate for email. I was happy when I found a letter of friends in my mailbox at home. Now only I can find letters of the bank... :(

Sorry but, what´s a grifter? I think that grifter is a fantastic person of the comic... Is it true??
109-1170291157

Postby Mikz » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:09 am

Great memories them .  I remember falling off my mates Chopper and lying to my mum and telling her it was my own bike -just so she would buy me a strika  :;):
And waitin on the british army to set up camp near were we lived, just to go over and hold their guns .
Raiding orchards, tying string onto peoples letterboxes and tennis against the wall with a line painted across for a net  :D

And dialing 161 in the old red telefone boxes to hear music
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:04 pm

marie wrote:
daxy1 wrote:

Sorry but, what´s a grifter? I think that grifter is a fantastic person of the comic... Is it true??

:buttrock

b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:30 pm

Brilliant post Daxy i just smilied the whole way through, those where the days how things have changed.
And i used to have a chopper the one where the gears where between your legs. Ive just read that and it it sounds rude, sorry. :D
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1170291157 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:06 pm

Woollyback wrote:
marie wrote:
daxy1 wrote:

:buttrock

Really, I´m 27 years old, but the life change fast. Yes, I had a mountain bike, but wasn´t a grifter coz in Spain, never i sawn it.
109-1170291157

Postby EddieC » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:32 pm

Remember when sports day at school used to be about sports?

I went to my little sisters sports day last year, they were throwing bean bags in buckets & sh!t like that. No wonder we don't produce many good athletes any more  :no
Last edited by EddieC on Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:38 am

peewee wrote:and my beloved grifter, ah happy days

Grifters!! Never had one. I had a  triumph 20 , with white tyres!! My brother, who was into BMXing stole it and mangled it doing a jump made from some wood and a few bricks. He hid it in the bushes and told my mum and dad that it had been stolen. We only found out he wrecked it when he came in looking for tools to make to chain smaller, so he could put it on his BMX!!!! :laugh:
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:52 am

I had a viking conquest racing bike, narrow wheels and with a leather seat so sharp you could cut potatoes on it. This was before they came out with your "ladies bikes" with soft seats and no proper crossbar and wheels so thick you couldn't race buses. :DImage
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:53 am

I had a chopper:

(Was only lad in my area with one, and everyone was always saying "let us have a go on your bike" (to which I promptly said "b*llocks".))

I also had an original BMX, a Vic 20 computer, and a He-Man lunch box. :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:44 pm

childhood memories, such as distant memory now :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:05 am

We have no drippin butties around here whatever they are, but much of what the post says applies also to my country.

There was perhaps more violence, we used stones, we sharped arrows like peewee said, but we had some ethics and honour. Things like humilliating 5 against 1 and saving it with the videocamera didn't happen. You had the right to defend your honour with a fight against another guy, and his mates would respect that one on one.

There was hierarchy too. If we were playing footie and older students came and shot your ball away it meant the game was over. Next year we would do the same to the younger ones.

If I had a fight, my dad actually hit me with the belt. If the teacher slapped me, and my parents knew it they'd slap me twice at home. Nowadays parents go outraged to the teacher to say how come they touched their sons. :angry: and of course the lil :censored: know that.

we used little mountains to have our campaments, and sometimes a guy fell and broke his leg. Nowadays the same mountain is fenced so that the children don't go there.

We had a lot of little wounds in the ankles and elbows, and we had the trousers patched because they were broken in certain zones as we did physical activity that involved some falling. Now the children do not have wounds and they are all allergics to everything, since they haven't developed an inmune system as we did with the wounds.

Bah.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum