Reactions and suggestions to new board

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby lakes10 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:35 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Apart from the separate sticky threads, no complaints so far. Like the way its got everyone's location on it. Looking at Lakes for instance, Essex. Makes me wonder, is it true Lakes that women in Essex have a higher sperm count than men?  :D

..................only in Romford mate lol :ghostface:
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:44 pm

I was just in nosing around the User Profile section and came across a tab labeled "Friends & Foes"!   "Foes"!  I love it. :D

"Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."

Too funny.  :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Greavesie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:08 pm

Lakes, whats that www link under your location at the side there?  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:35 pm

Like others have said I don't like that the stickies aren't separated anymore.

Also I don't like that we can't see what post we're clicking on on the main page.  It just says

By metalhead
Thu March 8

I liked when it used to say Andy Carroll and then the last poster, you could click on Andy Carroll and it would bring you to the last post you read. 

I think somebody else has already pointed this out as well.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:43 pm

I also like the colours and layout, some of the additional smilies  :ghostface:  :unclesam:  :censored:  but the stickies need to be separated, and there's no quick post box, and what about the avatars? They make it easier to know who's who. Also what Ethan said ^ there's no way to go straight to the topic like there used to be.

Where are the cards by the way? And it lets you delete your own posts?  :oops:
LFC2007

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:53 pm

Bit sh!tty really.
How do we click directly to unread posts?
Short, quick post gone?
Default setting blue, wtf.
Edit, my bad, there's a button for unread posts, bit better now!
Last edited by redtrader74 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm a bit of a part-time poster in here these days but I think it might have been a bit of a missed opportunity (forgive me if further plans are afoot) to lose some of the sections of the forum that don't get much traffic (eg. LFC The Kop, Advanced section etc) and condense things down to say, LFC General, LFC Games, Gen Chat, Gen football and perhaps a seperate section for LFC player threads.

Agree on the sticky threads, I found it really confusing when i came to have a read and accidentally went into several threads that were years old!

The general look is decent but I wanna see the spinning batman back at the top of me posts!

PS. Haven't had a chance to see/experience some of the more detailed features so will feedback once i have.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:03 pm

It is truely awful - abysmal if im being honest - it just looks a total clusterfuck. Yes red is great but christ way too much. Everything is red and looks crammed in .
Benny The Noon

Postby Kukilon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Stickies not being separated is my biggest gripe.

I really like the colour scheme. It's looks like a more serious forum about football and Liverpool FC. I'm tired at the moment but perhaps the normal posts are harder to focus your eyes on? The letters become a little blurry... but I think that's on my side. :rasp
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:41 pm

The stickies issue for me, and the Poster's info on the right.  The info on the right is really the biggest issue for me.  So now not only do you guys drive on the opposite side of the road, but your forums are backwards too  :rasp

Oh, and no quick post box?  Sup wit dat?  Other than that the place looks great, aside from no avatars and I have to squint with my face against the screen to see whose post I'm reading (Either that or find my glasses, that I haven't used in about 8 months.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:50 pm

ethanr wrote:Also I don't like that we can't see what post we're clicking on on the main page.  It just says

By metalhead
Thu March 8

I liked when it used to say Andy Carroll and then the last poster, you could click on Andy Carroll and it would bring you to the last post you read. 

I think somebody else has already pointed this out as well.

This for me is the biggest fail. it was so easy before. i mean the place looks clean and fresh but it's the little things in life you miss the most.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Looks great! Tapatalk?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:14 pm

I'm seeing the avatars now and just found a button with 'Quick Reply' thats opened up like the 'quick post ' box on the old forum.

Posted this in another thread and I'll post it here as well, for those looking for a quick route to the last unread post in a thread
Click on the little icon (circled) and it'll take you to the last unread post in the thread but it only seems to be on random threads in the list so I don't know how the board decides which one its available on.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
andy_g wrote:can we bring back the little icon that enabled you to go straight to the first post you hadn't read? (it was the little blue or orange square next to the post title in the old format)

FFS, now you tell us! :D

Never knew about that either!!

The board looks very different on an Ipad, but I like the pc version alot. Great work.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:15 am

The Good Yank wrote:  So now not only do you  I have to squint with my face against the screen to see whose post I'm reading (Either that or find my glasses, that I haven't used in about 8 months.

Or you could hit the A button at top right of the screen and make the font bigger

There also a quick reply button at bottom of the page

Its really like there people are looking at two different forums judging by some of the comments

Main thing is Fit birds look even sharper, priorities people priorties  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum